ADVERTISEMENT

You Get First Pick. Which 2020-21 Player Do You Choose?

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
You and a buddy are dividing up our 2020-21 roster for a charity Blue-White game and you are doing it old school.

You flipped a coin and you won the first pick. Who's your choice?

And why?

Caleb Love. We have. lots of big players. So you take the best guard. If the other fellow picks Brooks, then I take RJ Davis and have the backcourt secured

Reactions: DeuceManJones
You and a buddy are dividing up our 2020-21 roster for a charity Blue-White game and you are doing it old school.

You flipped a coin and you won the first pick. Who's your choice?

And why?

I gotta go with Garrison. With the addition of the freshman bigs and an improved Armando, Garrison will benefit from them getting attention inside as well, giving him more spacing and ability to work. I also see his FT% going up and a more improved mid-range game with it being an even bigger part of his offensive repertoire making him an even tougher guard. And then the hunger from the way last year went, you better believe he is going to come out of the gate with a drive to get things back on track in his final season.

In hearing the way that Roy has spoken about G, the incoming freshman are very lucky to have a guy with Garrison's work ethic leading the way and showing them the ropes, what they learn from working alongside him will be a big factor in not only their play next year, but years after too.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Brooks! No substitute for leadership and proven effectiveness. Pick 2 is RJ (VJ) Davis because you know the other guy is going after the bling in Love!
I agree that Garrison would be my first choice. If Caleb goes second, I'm thrilled that Leaky is still available. I think he will make a major jump from his sophomore to junior season, if he stays healthy.

Is it a snake draft? Does my buddy get picks 2 & 3 after I pick? If so, I’d like to defer & get picks 2 & 3.
I'm inclined to agree. We don't have anyone who stands out that strongly.

So, if the other guy picks Garrison, which are your 2 choices?

Or if the other guy picks Caleb, which are your 2 choices?

I'm guessing that at some point in the selection process, you may have to pick among

Armando Bacot
Day'Ron Sharpe
Walker Kessler

Assuming the other guy has Brooks on his team, which big would you pick first?

If, on the other hand, you already have Brooks on your team, which big to you snag to round out your front court?

If the first pick gets picks 1 & 3 then you go with Love and then RJ Davis. If picks 1 & 4 then you go with Love and DayRon Sharpe

Assuming it is straight draft with one pick each round:

Brooks first
Davis
Bacot
Leaky
Ant (healthy) or Puff
This assumes the other guy will pick:

Love
Sharpe
Kessler
Ant (healthy)/ Puff
Francis/Platek

I had to read the question twice...Plus I had the advantage of reading your other answers.

First pick is Caleb Love.

Why...Point is critical. The big men are interchangeable...If they choose Garrison (the best choice) I counter with Sharpe and on down the line...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT