ADVERTISEMENT

your prediction for a couple of big guys

keysersosay#1

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2006
Who will have a better year... Garcia or Kessler????

I am gonna say Garcia ......more experienced and more versatile

He will average 14 and 6 .....Kessler 12 and 8

What say you????

I will Go with Kesler because He will be given the Keys to the Whole Deal

Garcia can't get those Numbers with Bacot and Manek and Good Rebounding Guards

Depends on your definition of a better year. As @Spaceytoyz said, Kessler will probably be asked to do more, while Garcia plays in the best frontcourt in America.

I say the Heels go further in the tournament than does Auburn. I for one don't care about the individual statistics. That said, they both will make a lot of money down the road.

Individually, Kessler most likely because he will get way more minutes and has been promised the world! Team will be Garcia since he will find a role on a really good team that might go deep in the tourney! I can see them getting similar numbers (Kessler slightly better), but Garcia making the greater impact on team success!

Reactions: Heels5150
I have no ill feelings toward Kessler hope he does great. He left because he was sold on stretch 4, with Luke Maye videos for usage. UNC had traditional bigs, he shocked the recruiting world and came. That was not how he was used, or even close to the system ran last year.

From all I hear he was a great teammate, loved the campus, worked hard, but that was not the system he was sold on, and he chose to seek a system he thought was going to be implemented at UNC. He almost stayed when Hubert got the gig, but that would of been a mistake, any struggle and he's the guy who pushed out Roy from his home fans.

UNC will be fine as I said then, and more were leaving if Roy stayed looking for a more spread system. I wish the big fella much success, unless they match up with UNC.

What his numbers will be, is up in the air, he is a work in progress, and is slow footed on dee, but he needs to develop that away from the bucket game, and he has some big skills. I think he comes around and has a strong year after a slow start.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I, for one, couldnt care less if I ever hear (or read) Kessler's name again. There are a few former players that are on that list for me. If he averages a double/double then good for him. If he sits his ass on the bench, I will not shed a tear.

Kessler is fortunate that JT Thor stayed in the NBA Draft. He's a spectacular athlete who would have taken some of Kessler's minutes.
Garcia is just what UNC needs for this season. Kessler has much greater potential, but Garcia is as good or better today. Kessler is a legitimate 7'1" with good hands. Kessler is a Center. He's receiving horrible advice if he's being told that he is anything but a true Center. It's gravy if he connects on a few threes, but his fortune will be earned within twelve feet of the basket

Garcia is just what UNC needs for this season. Kessler has much greater potential, but Garcia is as good or better today. Kessler is a legitimate 7'1" with good hands. Kessler is a Center. He's receiving horrible advice if he's being told that he is anything but a true Center. It's gravy if he connects on a few threes, but his fortune will be earned within twelve feet of the basket
He should be learning to play like Jokic or Nurkic…. Good 7footers who play as outside-in centers in the NBA.

Kessler was becoming a dominant player late season for us and to see him leave knowing what he could have done for us as well as for his own future this coming season was hard to take. I don't really blame the kid, do wish the parents would have let the kid develop. I do have to ask why the kid was recruited using Luke Maye as his example of how he would be used. I do understand that he was shown one path way for his development plan and yet the way he actually was used was very different. I definitely do not understand why Brooks got so much PT while Kessler got so little especially late season. So yeah, I can understand why the parents got so upset. I think Roy realized that he didn't make the best decision on that aspect and in his parting words I saw him realize that maybe his way was not the best way at this point, he was man enough to realize that and step away. Age does catch up to us all and we all do get stuck in our ways to the point it makes change harder and harder for us to accept.

Garcia is a great add for us, fits not just our area of need but fits in to what Hubert is looking to do. But Kessler, from what I saw from him late season, looks to me like will be one of the best players in the country next season with a real chance to be the best player in the country.

Kessler is the real deal. I hated to lose him to the Stargate. I don’t question Roy much, but I thought Kessler deserved significantly more PT the second half of the season. H2O under the proverbial bridge now.

Reactions: gd15nc and TheGLOV
I, for one, couldnt care less if I ever hear (or read) Kessler's name again. There are a few former players that are on that list for me. If he averages a double/double then good for him. If he sits his ass on the bench, I will not shed a tear.
100%.

If he just transferred then fine, whatever. I still consider Brooks, Walker, Seventh all Tar Heels...but this guy told our staff he was coming back then 24 hours later announced to a different school.

Nah, this dude isn't a Tar Heel anymore.

I know the horse is dead, but dang...Why should Roy have played a 7 foot guy who couldn't throw the ball in the ocean if his feet were wet and refused to go to the block more??? He also was lost on Pick/Roll D and his motor was turned down. (his off the ball D borders on spectacular, however) He has great potential and may be an All Star Level pro in time, but it all hinges on somebody giving him real advice and his handlers allowing him to be coached up! Roy should have played Sharpe more (if he could stop fouling) and was doing the right thing by incrementally increasing Kessler's role as he played better!

Reactions: tarwhiz
Kessler, Sharpe and Bacot should have played 26 minutes each. The fellow who started at Power Forward was pouting anyway. I would have given him a reason to pout

I actually think we agree on his potential! Kessler will get paid for a long time to play ball! Hubs seems to be fine too, so everybody wins!

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT