ADVERTISEMENT

Zero times!

what's the point in comparing him vs anyone other than dean or coaches he's faced in the tournament?

unless you're saying he had much better matchups based on seeding...

K was GIFTED another win today to prevent yet another 1st round exit as dook was given TWENTY-ONE more FT attempts, 17 alone for the biggest faker scumbag flopper in dook history.

what's the point in comparing him vs anyone other than dean or coaches he's faced in the tournament?

Like Mercer or Lehigh?
I'd say today's opponents (FGCU) would have a good time with either of those two squads in their day.

Important to remember these numbers.
Coach K 5
Bill Self 2 while at Kansas
Roy Williams 0
As in 0 first round losses in NCAA tournament.

Speaks volumes to me. It's amazing how some of of our own fans are so quick to point out the LOM's accomplishments but so reluctant to point out his failures. And so reluctant to point out Roy's accomplishments, yet so eager to point out his shortcomings.

Last edited:

Come on, g. No team has had more favorable matchups in recent years than dook. Yet they lost to two 15 seeds in Mercer and Lehigh. Roy deserves criticism but he also deserves credit where credit is due.

And once again, you will note that dook has an easy regional to negotiate.

Duke should have been upset yesterday.

First, they were given a 4 seed when they clearly deserved a 5 or 6 seed. All the upsets so far are 5 and 6 seeds. The Duke committee tried to shield them there. Second, while UNCW does foul a lot, the disparity in calls were a joke yesterday. Hell, I think FGCU went to the line more than UNC did.

The NCAA is a joke and is probably more corrupt than FIFA.

Important to remember these numbers.
Coach K 5
Bill Self 2 while at Kansas
Roy Williams 0
As in 0 first round losses in NCAA tournament.
Great stats and very impressive for a coach at any level but until they start handing out national championships after the first round who really should give a damn!

We are Carolina (and Kansas as far as Roy's record is concerned) not some middle of the road school that plays basketball!

Lol. Oh my. Your posts just get better and better

Come on, g. No team has had more favorable matchups in recent years than dook. Yet they lost to two 15 seeds in Mercer and Lehigh. Roy deserves criticism but he also deserves credit where credit is due.

And once again, you will note that dook has an easy regional to negotiate.

i can agree that the bracket opens up for duke pretty regularly...but i don't compare roy in the tournament vs other coaches unless it's head to head or what dean did...its a tremendous accomplishment to pass dean in all-time tourney wins.

YOU WOULD if Roy was dropping 1st round games.
It all comes full circle if he went to the final 4 every year and lost everyone would be talking about how he can't get over the hump!

So I will say it again until they start giving out national championship for stuff other than the only team to win 6 in a row in the tournament who gives a damn.

K did lose his 1st game in the Big Dance 5 times, counting when you use to get byes (1984). Y'all lost your 1st game in the Dance.

oh...1st game not 1st round....1984, 3rd year @ duke.....well, he does rebound pretty well from 1st game defeats

5 now for Holy Tom Izzo too
but, but, but.... Izzo ALWAYS has his guys ready to play come tourney time! Seems like they lose in 1st round, or get to the FF.

side note: my neighbors are MSU alums and were flying their Sparty flag for the last few weeks. Just now when the game ended I happened to step outside and what do you know, but that flag was nowhere to be seen. NCAAT is so suddenly brutal when you're knocked out.

Great stats and very impressive for a coach at any level but until they start handing out national championships after the first round who really should give a damn!

We are Carolina (and Kansas as far as Roy's record is concerned) not some middle of the road school that plays basketball!

But the LOM has lost five times in the first round while at dook, hardly a "middle of the road school that plays basketball". And Self has lost twice in the first round at KU, hardly a "middle of the road school that plays basketball". And Izzo has lost five times in the first round while at MSU? Those are 3 of the top basketball schools in the land. Many would argue that the LOM and Self are the top two college basketball coaches today, with Izzo not far behind. To me, that makes the fact that Roy has never lost in the first round even more impressive

And I must be misconstruing what you're saying because it seems like you're saying it doesn't matter whether we lose in the first round or the final weekend, if we don't win it all. I think most of us would much rather lose in the final four than on the first round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT