ADVERTISEMENT

1983 NC State title team members sue NCAA over NIL compensation.

Oak ridger

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jun 1, 2021
I wonder if my daughter could sue since her picture (golf) was used in her Collegiate media guide. The flood gate is going to open, and the NCAA will die a quick death.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
So stupid. As much as I dislike the NCAA, the notion of players from 40 years ago suing their school (where they received a free college education, mind you) is embarrassing. You committed to play under the rules at that time that stated you’ll get a scholarship and that’s it. Kick rocks.

Last edited:
I think the recent settlement covered from 2016-2021 ? ... When it wasn't a rule? I don't know if there is a statute of limitation on this kind of thing (may not necessarily apply if they continuously used clips from their title runs in promos and stuff)

I saw that they are asking for 25,000 plus interest…

Hope the NCAA settles and I never have to see that crook Jimmy V running around…They should never play the clip or anything about that 83 team again during the tournament…erase them from history fine by me….

Not sure, but I think they are not asking for the back pay from that actual season, but the recent marketing of their team and the championship year after NIL rights were established, so.ething like videos "Cardiac Pack" or something like that and merch with their pictures on it?

Give them each $1,000 and don't show clips of that team in commercials/promos ever again. Now if we could get Nova to also sue so I don't have to see that shot anymore either.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT