ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Record Prediction/Discussion Thread

uncboy10

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2008
So we don't have as much information about this team as we have in the past few seasons, but I still think its interesting to hear what everyone is expecting and/or hoping for with the 2017 football season.

vs Cal - Win
vs L'ville - Win
@ ODU - Win
vs dook - Win
@ GT - Win
vs Notre Dame - Win
vs UVA - Win
@ Va Tech - Win
vs Miami - Win (edited)
@ Pitt - Win
vs WCU - Win
@ ncest - Win

ACCCG vs Clemson - Win

Those are my guns, and I'm sticking to 'em. lol

Last edited:
I'll go with 7-5(4-4):

vs Cal - W
vs L'ville - L
@ ODU - W
vs dook - W
@ GT - W
vs Notre Dame - L
vs UVA - Win
@ Va Tech - L
vs Miami - L
@ Pitt - L
vs WCU - W
@ ncest - W

I feel like we are better than Pitt, but that will be a tough road game and they're due to beat us at some point. ND will be much better than last year and a tough out. I just have feeling that we beat State. Lately the underdog has seem to have had the upper hand. A win over Miami or VT wouldn't shock me but it's hard to predict right now. Think we give Lou all they can handle but get outscored in the end.

The dangerous games are...

1...Louisville....control the QB's running or you lose

2...VT.......their QB is not awe inspiring...but defense will be good

3...GT....their scheme always makes them tough but Dedrick Mills is gone.

4...Miami....has the talent. big D line...fast LB's...Walton will carry the rock for yardage...QB play will determine if they challenge

5...Pitt....not as potent as last year since they start a new QB.

I'm going all in and changing my Miami pick to win. Last time I picked us to go undefeated in the regular season we were one damn game away.

So we don't have as much information about this team as we have in the past few seasons, but I still think its interesting to hear what everyone is expecting and/or hoping for with the 2017 football season.

vs Cal - Win
vs L'ville - Win
@ ODU - Win
vs dook - Win
@ GT - Win
vs Notre Dame - Win
vs UVA - Win
@ Va Tech - Win
vs Miami - Win (edited)
@ Pitt - Win
vs WCU - Win
@ ncest - Win

ACCCG vs Clemson - Win

Those are my guns, and I'm sticking to 'em. lol
Love it! Anyone can pick 7-5 and be close. I know you are being a bit sportive, but if you're right you are a freaking legend here. I hope you're right.

vs Cal - Win
vs L'ville - Loss
@ ODU - Win
vs dook - Win
@ GT - Win
vs Notre Dame - Win
vs UVA - Win
@ Va Tech - Loss
vs Miami - Loss (This loss effectively ends our Coastal title hopes and puts Miami well atop the division)
@ Pitt - Loss
vs WCU - Win
@ ncest (This version of their name has kind of grown on me) - Win

7-5 and i don't think i could even predict how at this point.

but i'll go as far as to say one upset and one let down.

In all seriousness, I think this season could really shock some people one way or the other. The schedule is setup well if we can get out to a fast start and beat Cal and L'ville. But we can easily lose both of those games, and it would be all too easy to let this season spiral out of control if that happens.

GT in Atlanta still isn't a game that I ever look forward to. That could easily be a loss the way that we have defended the run in recent years. Notre Dame wasn't very good last year, but we all know how Carolina tends to perform against big name programs.

We could easily find ourselves in a position where we need to beat Dook, ODU, and UVA just to start out 3-4. And that's before the toughest stretch of the schedule where we have three straight games that could all be potential losses as well.

This team could literally finish anywhere from 3-9 to 12-0. Every game on the schedule is winnable. Most of them are losable too. And we don't have a damn clue what to expect from this offense. Regardless of what happens with the QB position, if we can't pass protect, or the receivers can't create separation and beat their man, then we will be in serious trouble. This is not a simple offense. Option routes, read routes, you name it, Fed uses it. That makes experience at the WR position all the more important.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
In all seriousness, I think this season could really shock some people one way or the other. The schedule is setup well if we can get out to a fast start and beat Cal and L'ville. But we can easily lose both of those games, and it would be all too easy to let this season spiral out of control if that happens.

GT in Atlanta still isn't a game that I ever look forward to. That could easily be a loss the way that we have defended the run in recent years. Notre Dame wasn't very good last year, but we all know how Carolina tends to perform against big name programs.

We could easily find ourselves in a position where we need to beat Dook, ODU, and UVA just to start out 3-4. And that's before the toughest stretch of the schedule where we have three straight games that could all be potential losses as well.

This team could literally finish anywhere from 3-9 to 12-0. Every game on the schedule is winnable. Most of them are losable too. And we don't have a damn clue what to expect from this offense. Regardless of what happens with the QB position, if we can't pass protect, or the receivers can't create separation and beat their man, then we will be in serious trouble. This is not a simple offense. Option routes, read routes, you name it, Fed uses it. That makes experience at the WR position all the more important.
I think you are correct that we could be anything from a 3 win team to a 10 win team (12 I aint buying).

Reactions: uncboy10
I think you are correct that we could be anything from a 3 win team to a 10 win team (12 I aint buying).

Realistically, the odds aren't very good (<1%) that we would win every game just because they're winnable. But if we're good enough to beat L'ville week 2 then we're definitely good enough to beat anybody else we're going to play all year.

This year is different...The D will have to carry us...That could be good or bad....we will see...

vs Cal - W
vs L'ville - W
@ ODU - W
vs dook - W
@ GT - L
vs Notre Dame - L
vs UVA - W
@ Va Tech - W
vs Miami - L
@ Pitt - W
vs WCU - W
@ ncest - W

We have a pretty easy schedule on paper. Cal and UL are more wildcard than anything else. This is my aggressive pick but I can easily see us only winning 6 games which would still be a vast improvement.

ticket, I think that's last year's schedule. You got the numbers right though 9 - 3, just backwards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT