ADVERTISEMENT

*** 2018/19 Bowl Game Challenge *** Round 1 Picks

strummingram

Hall of Famer
Oct 1, 2010
We'll do these in rounds. I'll use all of Billy's suggestions from past experience.

Game rounds are as follows:

Saturday(15th) thru next Friday(21st) for the 1st set. 11 games total.

Second set Saturday(22nd) thru Friday(28th) . . 13 games total.

3rd set Dec. 29th thru January 1 . . 16 games total.

4th & Final prediction thread . . the Championship game.

I'll start new round threads 2 days before they begin, like this first round.

Make sure your predictions are in before kick-off.

$10 entry fee, winner-take-all. Pay the winner, at their preference, at the end.

From the prior thread to recruit players:

@TBHeel
@toophly1124
@BillyL
@HookUNC75
@Hark_The_Sound_2010
@uncboy10
@tarheel0910
@TarHeelMark
@coryfly
@sctarheel30
@strummingram

If I tagged you and you don't want to play... that's fine. If I didn't tag you and you DO want to play... send your picks before kickoff of each game/or round of games.

I'm going to use this thread to offer the games, lines and you submit your first round picks. If I have a question about your picks, I'll tag you. If you have a question, please ask.

Dec. 22 Hawaii
Honolulu 10:30 p.m. (ESPN) Hawaii (8-5) vs. La. Tech (7-5)... Louisiana Tech (+1.5)

Dec. 22 Dollar General
Mobile, Ala. 7 p.m. (ESPN) Buffalo (10-3) vs. Troy (9-3)... Troy (+2.5)

Dec. 22 Armed Forces
Fort Worth, Texas 3:30 p.m. (ESPN) Army (9-2) vs. Houston (8-4)... Houston (+3.5)

Dec. 22 Birmingham
Birmingham, Ala. Noon (ESPN) Wake Forest (6-6) vs. Memphis (8-5)... Memphis (-5,5)

Dec. 21 Idaho Potato
Boise, Idaho 4 p.m. (ESPN) BYU (6-6) vs. W. Michigan (7-5)... Western Michigan (+13.5)

Dec. 21 Bahamas
Nassau, Bahamas 12:30 p.m. (ESPN) Toledo (7-5) vs. FIU (8-4)... Toledo (-6.5)

Dec. 20 Gasparilla
Tampa, Fla. 8 p.m. (ESPN) Marshall (8-4) vs. S. Florida (7-5)... USF (+2.5)

Dec. 19 Frisco
Frisco, Tex. 8 p.m. (ESPN) Ohio (8-4) vs. San Diego State (7-5)... San Diego State (+3.5)

Dec. 18 Boca Raton
Boca Raton, Fla. 7 p.m. (ESPN) UAB (10-3) vs. N. Illinois (8-5)... Northern Illinois (+2.5)

Dec. 15 New Orleans
New Orleans, La. 9 p.m. (ESPN) App. State (10-2) vs. MTSU (8-5)... Appalachian State (-7.5)

Dec. 15 Camellia
Montgomery, Ala. 5:30 p.m. (ESPN) E. Michigan (7-5) vs. Ga. Southern (9-3)... Eastern Michigan (+1.5)

Dec. 15 Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nev. 3:30 p.m. (ABC) Arizona State (7-5) vs. Fresno State (11-2)... Fresno State (-3.5)

Dec. 15 Cure
Orlando, Fla. 1:30 p.m. (CBSSN) Tulane (6-6) vs. Louisiana Layfayette (7-6)... UL-Lafayette (+3.5)

Dec. 15 New Mexico
Albuquerque, N.M. 2 p.m. (ESPN) N. Texas (9-3) vs. Utah State (10-2)... North Texas (+8.5)

Saturday Games 12/15

NC A&T -7.5

Utah State -8.5

UL-Lafayette +3.5

Fresno St.-3.5

Georgia Southern -1.5

MTSU +7.5

Last edited:
Reactions: strummingram
Just wondering Eddo... and this may not confuse any one else ..but I’m used to having all the favorites (-) whatever number. You have faves and underdogs (-) and (+) in parentheses..any specific reason? Or are those your picks?

Last edited:
Just wondering Eddo... and this may not confuse any one else ..but I’m used to having all the favorites (-) whatever number. You have faves and underdogs (-) and (+) in parentheses..any specific reason? Or are those your picks?
I just put the lines as I saw them next to the game. I got the lines from sbnation.com. It was so everyone knew what the lines were. I copied and pasted the games from CBS Sports and they included the records of each team in parentheses. And I copied and pasted the lines from SB Nation just as they had them listed. I did add .5 if the line was an even number.

I'll post my picks just like I used to during Billy's contest. Does that clear it up?

That's also why I added the Bold italic and underline for the point speads/lines, so they stand out.

First part of second round games (if another thread is used for these picks I'll re-list them):
Hawaii
Buffalo
Houston
Memphis

First round games:
W. Michigan
FIU
Marshall
Ohio
N. Illinois
App. State
Ga. Southern
Arizona State
Louisiana Layfayette
Utah State
NC A&T (game not listed but you said 11 first round games, so in case it was meant to be included)

Last edited:
The NC A&T vs. Alcorn State in the Air Force Reserve Celebration Bowl is the first game of the bowl season.

I just put the lines as I saw them next to the game. I got the lines from sbnation.com. It was so everyone knew what the lines were. I copied and pasted the games from CBS Sports and they included the records of each team in parentheses. And I copied and pasted the lines from SB Nation just as they had them listed. I did add .5 if the line was an even number.

I'll post my picks just like I used to during Billy's contest. Does that clear it up?

That's also why I added the Bold italic and underline for the point speads/lines, so they stand out.

Those must be SB Nations picks then. I understand the concern of our amigo @toophly1124 as lines are generally posted with the favorite “-“ not the underdog “+” (thus the nickname for favorites being “the chalk”). But I’m sure we can manage either way, if it’s easier to copy/paste that way.

Add this game:

NC A&T vs. Alcorn State in the Air Force Reserve Celebration Bowl ... NC A&T -7.5

Last edited:
giphy.gif
\
Hawaii

giphy.gif

Troy
giphy.gif

Houston
tenor.gif

Memphis

wmu-sign-western-michigan-university-e1466889334722.jpg

WMU

giphy.gif

Toledo

giphy.gif

USF

Animated-Flag-Ohio.gif

Ohio

tenor.gif

UAB

GAb1P.gif

ASU

georgiasouthern_1480787135.jpg

GSU
giphy.gif

Arizona State

giphy.gif

Tulane
giphy.gif

Utah State

tenor.gif

Alcorn State

Reactions: BillyL
A&T if that one is in play
Hawaii
Troy
Army
Wake
W. Michigan
Fla International
Marshall
San Diego St
N. Illinois
App St
GA Southern
AZ St
UL Lafayette
Utah St

NC A&T
Hawaii
Buffalo
Army
Wake Forest
W. Michigan
FIU
Marshall
Ohio
UAB
MTSU
E. Michigan
Fresno State
Tulane
N. Texas

Hawaii

Troy

Army

Wake Forest

W. Michigan

Toledo

USF

Ohio

Alcorn State

UAB

App State

Eastern Michigan

Arizona State

Tulane

North Texas

December 15 Bowl Game Winners:

Alcorn St

Utah State

Tulane

Fresno St

Georgia Southern

Appalachian State

Yesterday's game's picks results:

uncboy 3-3

TBHeel 3-3

0910 2-4

hark 2-4

toophly 1-5

hook 3-3

Billy 3-3

strum 5-1

Let me know if there are any mistakes, please. Thanks for your patience.

Strummy is off to a very hot start and a 2 game lead after the first 6 games . . well done, good sir . . !

Dammitol . . I hate that I changed my Alcorn State pick.

Tuesday
UAB -2.5

Wednesday
Ohio -3.5

Thursday
Marshall-2.5

Friday Games
FIU +6.5

Western Michigan +13.5

UAB pick wins the Boca Raton Bowl

If you guys will be okay with it, I will do a full update of all the picks/standings after the games on the 22nd, as opposed to daily updates. The next round of games start on the 26th.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT