ADVERTISEMENT

2018 recruiting thread

We made Peyton Wilson's top 7:
bama, clemson, uga, ohio st, penn st, unc, vatech.

And apparently we're in Dax's top 3 with SCar, unc, vatech.

What is the chance we actually get one of the above?

We made Peyton Wilson's top 7:
bama, clemson, uga, ohio st, penn st, unc, vatech.

And apparently we're in Dax's top 3 with SCar, unc, vatech.

What is the chance we actually get one of the above?
Does Wilson have family in Big Ten country?

It would be a coup of all time proportions if UNC football could land 3 in-state players as heavily recruited as those 3. And if they were to go to UNC together and win the ACC again after all these many decades, they would leave college with a legendary status in their home state that would never die.

Reactions: Archer2
Does Wilson have family in Big Ten country?

It would be a coup of all time proportions if UNC football could land 3 in-state players as heavily recruited as those 3. And if they were to go to UNC together and win the ACC again after all these many decades, they would leave college with a legendary status in their home state that would never die.
Indeed.

8153375382_998660a14f.jpg

UF grad transfer OL Cameron Dillard 6'4" 313 to visit next week. UNC and AZ are finalists.

Getting Avery Jones could be the start of a nice run, Great in state get.

We somehow got clearance to do a tower flyby in one of our infamous "No Fly Zone" regions of North Carolina (Havelock).
Craven County (Havelock , New Bern , West Craven) has turned out some nice talent over the years. We need to gain some creed now with Greenville Rose.

On Avery, Espn and 247 have him a 4* and top 6 in the state. I think Scout has him 4* and top ten in the state. But Rivals obviously found some questionable attributes since they have him 3* and #21 in the state. I wonder what the questions are?

On Avery, Espn and 247 have him a 4* and top 6 in the state. I think Scout has him 4* and top ten in the state. But Rivals obviously found some questionable attributes since they have him 3* and #21 in the state. I wonder what the questions are?

I go with the sites with the most stars...Welcome Avery....

another site says he's ranked lower than some other studs because there are questions about his size. He's fairly agile and speedy, but part of that could be because he isn't the biggest guy.

Some other players are already plenty big so there is no question that they'll be able to get 300 lb and be competitive. But apparently his frame is good, so he'll just have to come here and develop his first few yrs.

What's the deal with k j Henry out of west Forsyth? Why aren't we in it for him?
He apparently is an ABCer "F" him and all the rest of the ABCers. When you include Charlotte and not UNC it is obviously flipping the bird to UNC.

His Dad is a coach at Charlotte.
let me put it another way then; when you are a player in the state of NC and you don't include UNC in a top 10 , then you are an ABCer. I also don't believe any prospect is truly considering 10 schools.

Where do we stand with Alan Tisdale? Seems like a lot of the top in state talent is looking hard at Va Tech. Hopefully we can reel in our share of this top talent and keep it in state.

Staff supposedly passed on Tisdale. Only looking for 1 LB and feel good about Peyton Wilson and will take Hollifield in a minute as an elite.

^ yeah, good question.
He took unofficial visits to to Alabama, Michigan and Ohio State. So at least he's seen some big programs up close.

I kinda like that he set a specific date (kinda) and pretty much stuck to it... but I feel better about ones like this after they take all their Official visits.

Last edited:
This bears repeating. And as far as I can tell we really aren't going hard after another RB. Not sure what the coaching staff is doing in that department
The main 2 and both place high emphasis on academics

Mychale Salahuddin 5'11" 200 D.C.

Jahmir Smith 6' 195 Lee County Senior (His mom works on campus)

Mychale seems to be getting popular. USC, Scar, Wisconsin, Tenn, Oklahoma, Mich State have all offered including the local guys. I read an article which says he likes USC, though it didn't even say whether or not he's visited.

Certain things this staff does with recruiting thrill me to no end, and certain things they do with recruiting make me throw my hands up and say WTF.

Also.... we need a QB in this class. An elite one.

Certain things this staff does with recruiting thrill me to no end, and certain things they do with recruiting make me throw my hands up and say WTF.

Also.... we need a QB in this class. An elite one.
Justin Rogers (LA )seems to be our best chance. Same HS as Brandon Richardson , but will be tough to get away from LSU. Maybe Brandon can get in his ear.

Justin Rogers (LA )seems to be our best chance. Same HS as Brandon Richardson , but will be tough to get away from LSU. Maybe Brandon can get in his ear.
He likes us but that just seems like a recruit we have no chance of actually landing. Those Louisiana kids always choose LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT