ADVERTISEMENT

2018 recruiting thread

I had to look t make certain - but ND did have a previous RB commit: a 4*. So Smith knows he is the program's safety valve commit at RB for this class.

On the other hand, we NEED a couple of RBs in the class, and Smith could have ended up being the top RB we sign.

Shough visits Oregon. Hope he sticks but not looking good.

Just wondering if Adams will ever play football for the Heels due to the possibility of going pro in baseball any thoughts?

The fact that he went on his own dime/time and might go again is a bit worrisome.

Would like to get both, but the fact Ruder is blowing up makes it unlikely both stick. It's rare to have two Top250 QBs in one class, unless one guy knows he's switching positions. And that isn't the case here.

Last edited:
Reactions: mosesm
I was wondering if our ineptitude and the subsequent uncertainty regarding the staff's future is going to start having negative repercussions on the recruiting front.

On one hand, recruits have to think they can get early playing time because we are a bad football team. On the other hand, who wants to sign with a team that is so bad that the staff's on the hot seat?

I'm afraid the latter scenario is going to play out. Even if we only win one more game(WCU), which isn't a given, Fed will be back for at least one more year. We shall see but our program is Buntingesque at this point.

i doubt the coaching part is hurting anything, but guys like Sandidge and Dax want to be part of winning 'big-time' programs.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Looks like he's trending to the Hokies lately. Fedora better do some magic and reel him in. If we lose him hopefully he ends up at Stanford.

Seems Dax favors the most recent school visited. Hopefully we can get him on campus with some unofficial visits and finish the deal. Can only hope the beat down he watched this past weekend doesn't kill us.

Seems Dax favors the most recent school visited. Hopefully we can get him on campus with some unofficial visits and finish the deal. Can only hope the beat down he watched this past weekend doesn't kill us.
I suppose the good thing is that our D actually looked OK most of the time. The offense and special teams were terrible.

WF Running Back Devon Lawerence set to announce this Friday...

UNC and UCLA final 2...Did not take a visit to UCLA...

WF Running Back Devon Lawerence set to announce this Friday...

UNC and UCLA final 2...Did not take a visit to UCLA...
Mora is on the Hot Seat. It is not the hottest by any means, but more than a few Bruins boosters want him gone. And some in the press are speculating on his replacement.

Lawrence has the most potential of any RB we can land in this class. We need him to commit.

Reactions: Archer2
do we only take 1 RB if Devon commits? Depth chart currently has 6 RBs and none graduate.

branch
Truitt
carter
brown
sutton
Kayne

I would say yes...I like where we are at as far as RB...

Brown
Carter
Branch is the power guy we are missing this year...

Get Devon in and hope we can Redshirt him unless he is that good....

Mora is on the Hot Seat. It is not the hottest by any means, but more than a few Bruins boosters want him gone. And some in the press are speculating on his replacement.

Lawrence has the most potential of any RB we can land in this class. We need him to commit.

Would be nice to land Lawrence. Have read where he doesn't have the breakaway speed but has the size we need.
We are still getting interest from Leddie Brown so you never know.
All else fails go all out for Crouch.

Wilson has stated he is solid....Also got hurt Friday...Knee injury...Kid never comes off the field for Orange...Any word on his knee...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT