ADVERTISEMENT

2019 injury tracker

blazers

Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2001
I had an injury tracker last season https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/injury-tracker-2018.64142/ for the sake of trying to keep up.

So might as well start a new one to track injuries pre-game

In order of injury occurrence

---- SoCar
OUT
Fritts - knee in spring
Justin Olsen - broken collarbone fall camp
Bryson Richardson - acl in fall camp

Notes:
Morrison missed 90% of the game after knee to head collision.

---- Miami
OUT
Fritts - knee in spring
Tre Shaw - knee

---- wake
OUT
Fritts - knee in spring
Tre Shaw - knee
Rene ACL
Polino - broken foot/ankle?
Antoine Greene - ham/groin strain/pull
Strowbridge - ankle
Carl Tucker
Matthew Flint - lower

--- app st
OUT
Fritts - knee in spring
Tre Shaw - knee
Rene ACL
Matthew Flint - lower
Heck - broken hand

---- Clemson
OUT
Fritts - knee in spring
Tre Shaw - knee
Rene ACL
Matthew Flint - lower
Ruder - boot crutches
Wolfolk - boot roller

---- GT
OUT
Fritts - knee in spring
Tre Shaw - knee
Rene ACL
Matthew Flint - lower
Ruder - boot crutches
Wolfolk - boot roller
Cam'Ron Kelly - ACL
Carl Tucker

(morrison missed all but first D play of gm with broken arm)

---- VT
OUT
Fritts - knee in spring
Rene ACL
Matthew Flint - lower
Ruder - boot crutches
Wolfolk - boot roller
Cam'Ron Kelly - acl
Trey Morrison - broken forearm
Wisdom - knee surgery
Tre Shaw
Ty Murray

Notes - Carl returns but doesn't play much.

--- Dook
OUT
Fritts - knee in spring
Rene ACL
Matthew Flint - lower
Ruder - boot crutches
Wolfolk - boot roller
Cam'Ron Kelly - acl
Trey Morrison - upper body
Wisdom - knee surgery

--- UVA
OUT
Fritts - knee in spring
Rene ACL
Matthew Flint - lower
Ruder - lower
Cam'Ron Kelly - acl
Wisdom - knee surgery

--- pitt
OUT
Fritts - knee in spring
Rene ACL
Matthew Flint - lower
Ruder - lower - fractured ankle
Cam'Ron Kelly - acl
Wisdom - knee surgery
Morrison - arm again?
Wolfolk - again

-- mercer
OUT
Fritts - knee in spring
Rene ACL
Matthew Flint - lower
Ruder - lower
Cam'Ron Kelly - acl
Wisdom - knee surgery
Wolfolk - again
Marcus Mckethan

- ncsu
OUT
Fritts - knee in spring
Rene ACL
Matthew Flint - lower
Ruder - lower - fractured ankle
Cam'Ron Kelly - acl
Wisdom - knee surgery
Wolfolk - again

Last edited:
Reactions: Raising Heel
I had an injury tracker last season https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/injury-tracker-2018.64142/ for the sake of trying to keep up.

So might as well start a new one to track injuries pre-game

---- SoCar
Fritts - knee in spring
Hopper - broken hand, but playing
Morrison missed 90% of the game after knee to head collision.

---- Miami additions
Tre Shaw - unknown

Morrison was back, Hopper played a bunch

---- Wake additions
Lawler - street clothes - he hurt?
Rene ACL
Polino - broken leg?
Antoine Greene - ham/groin strain/pull?
Strowbridge - ankle
Carl Tucker - ?
Matthew Flint - ?

-------------------------- Current out or questionable
Fritts
Bryson Richardson
Justin Olsen
Flint
Rene

Polino
Tre Shaw
Lawler
Antoine Greene
Strowbridge
Carl Tucker
Jordan Tucker
Rene and Flint are both out for the season, not sure what Flint’s injury is. Doesn’t sound like Polino is returning any time soon either.

Just read this article on Lawler. Wow! Didn’t know he was going through this. Don’t know if it’s related to him not playing Friday.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article231512033.html

Well he wasn't in the boxscore, but premium has an all-access vid that showed him in warm-ups, and dressed out, I think. So I'll take him off. Perhaps he's just like Collins and not yet developed enough to earn pt over cater/hopper.

Maybe someone can confirm.

Reactions: Archer2
Lee Pace says Charlie Heck isn't dressed... I recall the announcers mentioning something like a hand injury vs Wake, but maybe something else happened mid-week?

I guess I'll be adding Ruder. Probably Wolfolk, maybe Heck. Will Strowbridge play?

Anyone who is “questionable” should sit. Don’t sit guys who are healthy but if anyone isn’t 100% then it’s a good week to let them recover.

It seems possible that an Offensive Lineman would like a broken hand. Apply a huge plaster cast, and bludgeon the defense with it.

As someone that follows UNC, you guys must be cursed with the injury bug. Last year was nuts and it seems to be more of the same this year.

We have a different DL this year. Not as dominant up the middle but our DEs are faster than the guys that went pro. If you guys are that injured on the OL, I have a feeling we will be living in your backfield. Not many can block Xavier Thomas, even when healthy. He’s the fastest DE we’ve had, including Vic Beasley. IMack is smart. He will probably emphasize the run and throw quick screens.

If you guys were healthy, I think you’d have a shot at a 4 quarter game. With all of the injuries, it will be really tough.

As someone that follows UNC, you guys must be cursed with the injury bug. Last year was nuts and it seems to be more of the same this year.

We have a different DL this year. Not as dominant up the middle but our DEs are faster than the guys that went pro. If you guys are that injured on the OL, I have a feeling we will be living in your backfield. Not many can block Xavier Thomas, even when healthy. He’s the fastest DE we’ve had, including Vic Beasley. IMack is smart. He will probably emphasize the run and throw quick screens.

If you guys were healthy, I think you’d have a shot at a 4 quarter game. With all of the injuries, it will be really tough.

Are you saying that if UNC was healthy they would be in position to win in the 4th quarter? Sorry, I love and respect the UNC program, because I have family ties there, but a totally healthy UNC in all likelihood would be out of it, say, probably early in the 3rd quarter, maybe sooner.

UNC could be back to a good competitive team, and challenge somewhat in the ACC, but they have to really do some good recruiting, and I believe Mack Brown will.

Think about Clemson's recruiting class this year (2020 class). Look at the talent that Clemson is adding at QB, RB, OL, DL, and DB. Clemson's DL class is nasty good, with the possibility of adding Burch as well. They likely add the LB Flowe of California, which would then give them the top 4 ranked players (regardless of position) in the nation coming in this class. Now UNC does not have to recruit like that, but continue with the quality they have in this class right now, and even improve upon that.

There is no doubt that UNC will be competing in a couple of years, but Clemson just has too much talent this year. I guess Clemson could lose Trevor Lawrence, Chase Brice, ETN, Higgins, Amari Rodgers, and Justyn Ross with injuries for this game, and turn the ball over a dozen times, and have 150 penalty yards, then yes, it would be possible.

Are you saying that if UNC was healthy they would be in position to win in the 4th quarter? Sorry, I love and respect the UNC program, because I have family ties there, but a totally healthy UNC in all likelihood would be out of it, say, probably early in the 3rd quarter, maybe sooner.

UNC could be back to a good competitive team, and challenge somewhat in the ACC, but they have to really do some good recruiting, and I believe Mack Brown will.

Think about Clemson's recruiting class this year (2020 class). Look at the talent that Clemson is adding at QB, RB, OL, DL, and DB. Clemson's DL class is nasty good, with the possibility of adding Burch as well. They likely add the LB Flowe of California, which would then give them the top 4 ranked players (regardless of position) in the nation coming in this class. Now UNC does not have to recruit like that, but continue with the quality they have in this class right now, and even improve upon that.

There is no doubt that UNC will be competing in a couple of years, but Clemson just has too much talent this year. I guess Clemson could lose Trevor Lawrence, Chase Brice, ETN, Higgins, Amari Rodgers, and Justyn Ross with injuries for this game, and turn the ball over a dozen times, and have 150 penalty yards, then yes, it would be possible.

So we have a shot

It was possible after all

Are you saying that if UNC was healthy they would be in position to win in the fourth quarter?

You couldn’t have been more wrong. That’s why they play the games.

Congratulations on the win. It was a great game.

Spotted - Ruder and Wolfolk jogging to get to that bell.

And rumor is that Morrison might not be too far from returning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT