ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Transfer portal

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
It is time for a new edition of the tradition in college football: the transfer portal.

Southern Cal QB JT Daniels no longer wants to fight on with the men of Troy. Daniels was a great frosh QB in 2018. He was injured for the season early in 2019, and fresh QB Kedon Slovis took over and did a great job.

Daniels could be a total game changer for a program, but as interesting a story, I think, is Clay Helton. His seat is very hot. But he clearly can draw and develop QBs. When SC fires him, he should be a hot name for OC/QB coach jobs.

Nebraska back up QB Noah Vedral is transferring. He is a graduate and eligible to play immediately. He has 2 years eligibility left, so he ought to have interest from a number of programs.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Tua's younger brother Taulia Tagovailoa is in the transfer portal. He was a 4* recruit and assumed by many to have the same basic potential as his brother.

The family is tight. Will he want to go to Miami?

Tua's younger brother Taulia Tagovailoa is in the transfer portal. He was a 4* recruit and assumed by many to have the same basic potential as his brother.

The family is tight. Will he want to go to Miami?
Would be shocked if it isn't Miami.

If not them, then he'll transfer in to the big dog at FIU.

Poor kid is probably being forced to move to Miami so his dad can keep beating him with a belt.

You not familiar with the story about his dad? Guy is crazy. Forced Tua to throw lefty because he’s left handed and beat him with a belt when he threw interceptions.
No but having been stationed in Hawaii I am familiar with the Samoan family system and this is not unusual at all in their culture to go with the family as support and a steadying presence so that their family doesn't get taken advantage of Samoans are wary of mainland united states and you can't blame them after Ll that they have been through

No but having been stationed in Hawaii I am familiar with the Samoan family system and this is not unusual at all in their culture to go with the family as support and a steadying presence so that their family doesn't get taken advantage of Samoans are wary of mainland united states and you can't blame them after Ll that they have been through

That's all well and good, but beating a kid with a belt for throwing interceptions is insane. So is forcing him to throw left handed because dad is a lefty. They did a sports center special on it and it got a lot of backlash.

That's all well and good, but beating a kid with a belt for throwing interceptions is insane. So is forcing him to throw left handed because dad is a lefty. They did a sports center special on it and it got a lot of backlash.
I didn't see it I don't watch a lot of t.v. these days lol except for the docu series last dance

A guy from Guam explained to me about traditional Samoan raising of sons with fairly high levels of physical discipline. He did so to make his case for why then there was a rise in hooliganism among young Samoan Americans on the mainland. He said it was Samoans on the mainland acting like Americans in child rearing, which meant much less severe discipline and more of first dad and then mom focusing more on having their own fun than on raising and disciplining kids.

Kids not overseen with meaningful discipline, from dad especially, tend to look for opportunities to run wild. You can see that all over America.

Reactions: bluetoe
A guy from Guam explained to me about traditional Samoan raising of sons with fairly high levels of physical discipline. He did so to make his case for why then there was a rise in hooliganism among young Samoan Americans on the mainland. He said it was Samoans on the mainland acting like Americans in child rearing, which meant much less severe discipline and more of first dad and then mom focusing more on having their own fun than on raising and disciplining kids.

Kids not overseen with meaningful discipline, from dad especially, tend to look for opportunities to run wild. You can see that all over America.

That’s absolutely ridiculous. If you have to beat a kid with a belt to “discipline” them then you’re a shi*ty parent.

Hitting a kid with a belt for throwing an interception is insane but it doesn’t even remotely surprise me to see you defending it. This poast was right up there with the hot garbage you incessantly spewed about Quise being a backyard football QB.

Reactions: heelfan1961
Nebraska back up QB Noah Vedral is transferring. He is a graduate and eligible to play immediately. He has 2 years eligibility left, so he ought to have interest from a number of programs.
Vedral is headed to Rutgers. That gives him a good chance to play, but scant chance of winning more than 4 games per season.

Taulia Tagovailoa heading to Maryland. The Mike Locksley connection. A little surprising
Locksley has always been able to recruit, but I don't recall him landing top QBs. What I find most interesting is how landing Taulia will affect the decision of Caleb Williams.

BC is getting a former 4* recruit from Ohio St. Jaelen Gill was a 4* All Purpose Back who has played WR at Ohio St.

Ohio St has so much talent, especially on offense, that a guy could fail to get much PT there and be very good once he transfers and sees the field.

The less heralded SC QB in the portal, Jack Sears, is headed to Boise St. Sears is a grad transfer with 2 years eligibility. That is a bold move, from the most glamorous football program on the West Coast to a non-P5 program. I do not see it as desperate, but as well calculated. Boise loves to pass the ball, and Boise is and will remain the biggest threat to knock the AAC champ out of a Major Bowl slot.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
The less heralded SC QB in the portal, Jack Sears, is headed to Boise St. Sears is a grad transfer with 2 years eligibility. That is a bold move, from the most glamorous football program on the West Coast to a non-P5 program. I do not see it as desperate, but as well calculated. Boise loves to pass the ball, and Boise is and will remain the biggest threat to knock the AAC champ out of a Major Bowl slot.

former dook commit.

Not a 2020 transfer but anyway. Looks like the transfers have started to hit the football team. Losing a WR. Rose entering the portal. F this portal crap. Once again a player not willing to compete and see how things shake out.

The transfer portal has forever changed college sports, for better or for worse. My opinion says the latter, but I’m just a fan and my opinion doesn’t matter,

...I’m just a fan and my opinion doesn’t matter,
i disagreee. college sports has grown into a billion dollar enterprise that benefits many young people in many ways. many seem to believe that those massive resources happened because the beneficiaries were somehow entitled. in fact, it happened because the fans -- you and i -- bought the tickets, the gear, and invested our valuable time watching games to generate massive advertising revenues. so, our opinions matter.

The transfer portal has forever changed college sports, for better or for worse. My opinion says the latter, but I’m just a fan and my opinion doesn’t matter,

Agree. Has become a way for these athletes who believe that they are all that and don’t wanna work at it to compete to get better just find some place that will let them become the “guy”. Too many egos.

Potentially better for kids but sux for fans of player development. Pretty soon I won't be able to name players on any team aside for the heels.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Potentially better for kids but sux for fans of player development. Pretty soon I won't be able to name players on any team aside for the heels.
that's right, it's good for the players, but not for the fans. it's harder to feel loyalty to a team when the players transfer right away if they're not getting the playing time they expect. there's an assumption nowadays that whatever's best for the players is best for college sports. fan loyalty is taken for granted. that may be a mistake. at some point programs are going to depend on the fans to buy those high priced tickets.

ADVERTISEMENT