ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Thread

With the extra year and one-time transfer rule, it's going to be like the Wild Wild West next spring and Roy is going to have some serious options, and that may be a gross understatement. I love Sallis, but Roy is not going to be held hostage.

As a hypothetical, what about a kid already fully vetted like Tre Mann who signed with Florida? What if he becomes an option? Don't you think Roy will be all over him? The kid was an official visit away from signing with UNC.

Stay tuned folks.

I thought Tre Mann was still on the team at Florida. Did he leave Florida?

Chances? Lol at this point I wanna say idk but I’m pretty sure UK. Which is depressing
I have heard Memphis was in it. This recruitment is just all over the place most insiders now know he privately at some point committed to Roy and then backed off. And Sallis wants to see unc that's the only reason he is waiting til spring if he had been able to visit the process would be over and we would have won.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
So, yet another waste of time that could've been spent on literally anyone else.

If you know anything about sales (which recruiting is), you know it’s a numbers game. Nothing is a waste of time. The more you see, the more you sell, some will say yes, most will say no. Try a little more positivity, it’s healthier & better for the blood pressure.

I have heard Memphis was in it. This recruitment is just all over the place most insiders now know he privately at some point committed to Roy and then backed off. And Sallis wants to see unc that's the only reason he is waiting til spring if he had been able to visit the process would be over and we would have won.

Clark is nice, but Sallis is a superstar. We would not lose sleep over Clark if Sallis eventually committed. I hope he can make it on campus and your intel is correct.

If you know anything about sales (which recruiting is), you know it’s a numbers game. Nothing is a waste of time. The more you see, the more you sell, some will say yes, most will say no. Try a little more positivity, it’s healthier & better for the blood pressure.

k thanks.

So anyway, yet another waste of time that could've been spent on literally anyone else. Corey Evans strikes again. Glad that hack is done.

Honestly if it’s Sallis who we end up with, I think I’d be pretty content waiting til Spring ;) and yes, so long Mr. Evans

Starting to think our best case scenario will be a class makeup similar to 2012. Which would not be a bad squad by any means, but not what we hoped to follow up 2020 with. Though it might be better for us in the long term and give us a solid roster of upperclassmen in a couple of years, albeit with some growing pains in the interim.

We tend to fair pretty shoddily when it comes to recruits who decide to wait until the spring so I won't hold my breath on Sallis, but hope to be pleasantly surprised.

k thanks.

So anyway, yet another waste of time that could've been spent on literally anyone else. Corey Evans strikes again. Glad that hack is done.

Corey Evans is terrible lol he’s the only reason anyone thought we had a chance with Skyy Clark! He was never coming here

Reactions: RoseHeel
Guys Hunter Sallis highly doubt he is coming to Carolina. Kentucky has many CB’s for him and Clark. We offered and been on Sallis the longest, but trail UK here.

Guys Hunter Sallis highly doubt he is coming to Carolina. Kentucky has many CB’s for him and Clark. We offered and been on Sallis the longest, but trail UK here.
For whst its worth i was told.hunter just wants to see unc on a visit if they open up and he makes the visit the belief is if all goes well he is unc's but without visits its hard

For whst its worth i was told.hunter just wants to see unc on a visit if they open up and he makes the visit the belief is if all goes well he is unc's but without visits its hard

I hope you are right but I will believe it when I see it! We seem to never win head to head recruiting battles with UK! I actually couldn’t tell you the last time that we did! Nobody else is able to host visits, so who says he doesn’t love UK more when he does get to visit! Plus you can never trust PayPal Cal lol

Is it true we haven’t won a recruiting battle with kensucky since 2013? Wow!! Reading all these posts/poast seems like we are in trouble with the top talent.

Skyy was considering reclassifying. Should have known he was not going to UNC right then and there imo.
Yep, I mentioned this earlier. Roy has not had a reclass since coming to UNC. When I hear a kid we are recruiting is thinking about reclassifying, then I assume he goes elsewhere.

I can't post my full research document because it is too big to post. Thus, I will break it down in several posts.

The following 4 players declared for the 2020 NBA Draft but withdrew their names by the deadline and went back to school.

These are players that UNC offered that were fully vetted that chose to sign elsewhere. Tillmon would also fall under the extra year rule since he is now a senior.

Could any of these players be candidates to take advantage of the one-time NCAA transfer rule and transfer to UNC for the 2021-2022 season?

PositionHeightWeightSchoolClass
Jeremiah TilmonC6-10260MissouriSr
Darius DaysPF6-6240LSUJr
Alonzo GaffneyPF6-9198Ohio StateSo
Tre MannPG6-4172FloridaSo

Could any of these players be candidates to take advantage of the one-time NCAA transfer rule and transfer to UNC for the 2021-2022 season?

Darius DaysPF6-6240LSUJr
I was convinced that Darius Days would’ve landed at UNC. Saw him play in Athens a few years back I think as a freshman and he showed a lot of upside despite playing along side guys like Naz Reid and Emmit Williams. I think we were closer to striking on him and Mann (didn’t him, Bacot, Josh Green, and the kid that went to Nova all play at IMG???).

I can't post my full research document because it is too big to post. Thus, I will break it down in several posts.

The following 4 players declared for the 2020 NBA Draft but withdrew their names by the deadline and went back to school.

These are players that UNC offered that were fully vetted that chose to sign elsewhere. Tillmon would also fall under the extra year rule since he is now a senior.

Darius DaysPF6-6240LSUJr
I thought Gaffney went pro and went overseas.

Seems like we better hope some of the new guys stick around for more than one year from the vibe I’m getting and what I’m reading. I’m sure Roy will get some guys but we really don’t need to just take the leftovers.

I think Sallis is a very realistic end to this class. Ik the word “reclass” is a cuss to some here but the Jarace Walker kid could fill a hole at the SF position if he does decide to fall into the 21 class. Would keep an eye on him.

Reactions: TheGLOV and CJBlue
Sounds like Kaufmann leaked his official commitment to Purdue in an interview tonight. I did not see the interview, just saw the buzz from it.

I think Sallis is a very realistic end to this class. Ik the word “reclass” is a cuss to some here but the Jarace Walker kid could fill a hole at the SF position if he does decide to fall into the 21 class. Would keep an eye on him.
It's always good to have more talent coming in, but I don't see a hole in the SF position in 2021. Leaky will most likely still be on the team & Puff will be the heir apparent. PG is the position we really need to fill in 2021. As the saying goes, you can't put all of your eggs in the same (RJ) basket. As the 2021 roster now stands, we'd be in serious trouble, if RJ gets hurt.

ETA: My opinion is based on the assumption that Caleb is OAD. If he's not, 2021 will be a GSTBATH. 😁

Last edited:
Watching other fan bases send out dubious info and stress about announcements is kind of funny watching from afar. Kaufmann announces today, it seems like he stays in state, IU being the favorite, but the back and forth with Purdue is strong...lol ya never know, if it is us or Virginia both fan bases might spontaneously combust...lol.

Reactions: TheGLOV and CJBlue
Watching other fan bases send out dubious info and stress about announcements is kind of funny watching from afar. Kaufmann announces today, it seems like he stays in state, IU being the favorite, but the back and forth with Purdue is strong...lol ya never know, if it is us or Virginia both fan bases might spontaneously combust...lol.
Yeah, doesn't look like UNC. No buzz at all for us...

I* get it, we want the best talents to play for us but if I have learned one thing it is that many times what we see as the best talent is more fools gold than players that help is win Nattys. Example, we get a guy named Hicks, does not strike fear in our opponents nor does it thrill or fans base but he was one of those guys that produced for us so much but he left with a natty ring. Joel Berry was not rated nearly as high as Cole was?

Point is Roy wins big and has with less than those must have big timers and frankly, many times when he gets them they do not fulfill our dream scenerios. With Roy it is more about how the parts fit together, do we fill our real needs or do we get the player we really want? KY and duke may beat is in the recruiting titles but I will trade those preseason titles for final 4s and playing in natty games. Let Roy put his team together with the players he has and I wlil trust the results even of they do not have a Zion r Bagley!

ESPN ranked Joel Berry as the 17th best player in the country and a 5 star. He was the Florida player of the year. "Wins big with less" has averaged 10 losses per season over the last decade.

I’m not sure I buy the win more with less argument. All of Roy’s best teams, including his title teams were loaded with 5 stars and McDonald’s all-Americans.

Hicks was a 5 star top 15 player in the country if I remember correctly and Berry was borderline 5 star and a McDonald all-American. I was excited about both guys when they committed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT