ADVERTISEMENT

2022 UNC Transfer Thread

tarheel0910

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2011
Earth
Figured we could go ahead and start a thread since Criswell is gone. Hopefully we can talk about players who have transferred in and not just out.

I'm afraid we will lose more than we gain. Any kid can see that we have zero ability to produce improvement from a player. The weakness of the Coastal gave us a little bit of hope. Next year, no divisions so its gonna be really bad.

Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
wondering htf mack will be able to convince anyone with eligibility left to continue down this road.

cause it’s the cool place to be????

I'm afraid we will lose more than we gain. Any kid can see that we have zero ability to produce improvement from a player. The weakness of the Coastal gave us a little bit of hope. Next year, no divisions so its gonna be really bad.
It's not going to be as bad as people think. Next year we swap one loss for another with Clemson for Notre Dame and then swap Virginia Tech with Syracuse. In 2024, we avoid Clemson and Notre Dame and add Louisville, BC and FSU. 2025, we drop Pitt for Wake, drop VT for Syracuse and play Clemson. As usual, it's Clemson at the top and then 20 ft of crap with everyone else below.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
wondering htf mack will be able to convince anyone with eligibility left to continue down this road.

cause it’s the cool place to be????
Should be easy to get a good WR if Drake is still here. You'd be playing with a top QB which gets you attention. You think Greene would be a known player without Drake? Now, as for the defense, I've got nothing. I guess you could sell playing time.

Should be easy to get a good WR if Drake is still here. You'd be playing with a top QB which gets you attention. You think Greene would be a known player without Drake? Now, as for the defense, I've got nothing. I guess you could sell playing time.
we have receivers…i’m saying keeping them home.

we have receivers…i’m saying keeping them home.
We have complimentary pieces but no really big play proven guys with Green and Downs gone. I think they'll go after a big-time proven guy to help Drake in his last year at UNC. You have to take advantage of a talent like that and there will be some good options out there.

Reactions: tarheel0910
We have complimentary pieces but no really big play proven guys with Green and Downs gone. I think they'll go after a big-time proven guy to help Drake in his last year at UNC. You have to take advantage of a talent like that and there will be some good options out there.
super

Does it matter who transfers in or out, if we don’t do something with the coaching
I would think having players on the field would help somewhat. If you think the coaches are bad at coaching, then you're certainly not going to like how they play.

It's not going to be as bad as people think. Next year we swap one loss for another with Clemson for Notre Dame and then swap Virginia Tech with Syracuse. In 2024, we avoid Clemson and Notre Dame and add Louisville, BC and FSU. 2025, we drop Pitt for Wake, drop VT for Syracuse and play Clemson. As usual, it's Clemson at the top and then 20 ft of crap with everyone else below.
We also play SoCar and Minnesota, as well as App St again.

FSU may be back to double digit wins next season.

Mass exodus to begin along with the 2023 recruiting class falling apart….Horton gone
Horton has been gone as Miami offered a boat load of NIL. Wouldn't call it a mass exodus as the 3 guys that hit the portal today combined for 138 snaps on the season.

I would think having players on the field would help somewhat. If you think the coaches are bad at coaching, then you're certainly not going to like how they play.
Damn never thought of that….thanks man. Not sure it could be much worse either in some instances.

So should I clarify my statement…nah

We also play SoCar and Minnesota, as well as App St again.

FSU may be back to double digit wins next season.
Correct, SC loses their best corner and maybe their QB. Minny didn't beat a team that ended up with a winning record all year. UNC doesn't play any true non-conference road games next year which will help.

FSU will be good next year, but they aren't on the regular season schedule.

Correct, SC loses their best corner and maybe their QB. Minny didn't beat a team that ended up with a winning record all year. UNC doesn't play any true non-conference road games next year which will help.

FSU will be good next year, but they aren't on the regular season schedule.
You missed your calling as a Bunting apologist. Of course, Mack is the ultimate in chirpy optimism that flies in the face of reality.

The 2022 SoCar team would have beaten all the charming shit out of Mack, worse than it beat Clemson. I doubt there is a downturn next year. Fleck is a coach, as opposed to just a recruiter oozing with a slick tongue. App will focus its pre-season prep on getting even with UNC.

It's very fortunate that FSU is not on the schedule, but now both Clemson and FSU can be in the ACC Championship. Mack is not going to produce a better record next year - UNC is not going to play in the ACC Championship.

You missed your calling as a Bunting apologist. Of course, Mack is the ultimate in chirpy optimism that flies in the face of reality.

The 2022 SoCar team would have beaten all the charming shit out of Mack, worse than it beat Clemson. I doubt there is a downturn next year. Fleck is a coach, as opposed to just a recruiter oozing with a slick tongue. App will focus its pre-season prep on getting even with UNC.

It's very fortunate that FSU is not on the schedule, but now both Clemson and FSU can be in the ACC Championship. Mack is not going to produce a better record next year - UNC is not going to play in the ACC Championship.
Big guy, please for the love of everything holy tell me how me bringing up the schedule has to do with John Bunting. He started coaching UNC when I was in middle school.

The 2022 SoCar team has absolutely nothing to do with the 2023 SoCar team, so your opinion is moot. You doubt there is a downturn but you also thought Gattis was the next Lincoln Riley. That's awesome that Fleck is a coach. I'm sure every team will focus on getting revenge for everyone that beat them the year prior.

Those are all your opinions.

Go Heels.

i could argue that’s one of the best position coaches on staff.
Yeah, if I had to pick one group that has been ok it would be the WR position. They could be better about rotating them, but at least there hasn't been regression in that area.

Word is that if no changes are made on defense, more, a lot more, are going to be in the portal tomorrow. Good move by the players, IMO.

Word is that if no changes are made on defense, more, a lot more, are going to be in the portal tomorrow. Good move by the players, IMO.
Wow. That is a twist on the power of the portal. Not sure if I like it in every scenario, but is interesting.

Mu chief concern is the O-line next year. Maybe some of you guys can take a stab at that and whether we will land a transfer to help in that regard.

As far as receivers, one thing we probably ought to consider doing, which we did some this year, is using the tight ends more, and even running 2 TE sets and learning to be a more physical team on offense.

Getting someone like Caleb Hood back will help as well. Love Green but he's not picking up extra yards. A stud RB changes this offense singificantly.

ADVERTISEMENT