ADVERTISEMENT

2025 recruiting....

Not one thing in my post even hinted that we don't want talented players! That would be patently ridiculous to believe we can compete without talent. The Carolina Way is a direct response to the Uncle Frank Days when there were things that didn't live up to our current ethos! We want the most talented players in the land BUT we should never have to compromise our ethical standards to get them! To be clear: I want every 5* player that fits a position of need to suit up for UNC......IF they fit the threshold of character, work ethic; and team first attitude. I also want us to have players who are willing to develop their talents while at UNC and help provide continuity and leadership!

The Carolina Way is an ethical standard; recruiting talent should be one of the top priorities for our coaches! They work together but are not the same!
Do you think all the recruits Hubert has vetted, offered, and spent months/years recruiting don't fit your "ethical standard" simply because they keep picking other schools?

With the ongoing deterioration of college sports due to paying the “student athletes” it’s only a matter of time until we see incentive “bonus pay”. Examples: Double your NIL pay if you win a natty. 25% bonus if you get to the final four. 75% bonus if you play more than 1 season for the team you sign with. I could go on and on but my point is this will be a natural progression of NIL. Then will come a salary cap in a failed attempt to equalize matters. So sad to admit that college sports are dying quickly with such unforeseen consequences of a poorly implemented NIL policy.

With the ongoing deterioration of college sports due to paying the “student athletes” it’s only a matter of time until we see incentive “bonus pay”. Examples: Double your NIL pay if you win a natty. 25% bonus if you get to the final four. 75% bonus if you play more than 1 season for the team you sign with. I could go on and on but my point is this will be a natural progression of NIL. Then will come a salary cap in a failed attempt to equalize matters. So sad to admit that college sports are dying quickly with such unforeseen consequences of a poorly implemented NIL policy.
You see the UNLV quarterback just quit on his team 3 games into the season over a NIL dispute? He claims they owe him promised money. Other sources claim his family hired an agent and tried to extort more money after the team started 3-0. Dude only completed 43% of his passes for around 300 total yards, over 3 games, and now he wants the big NIL money.

I hold out hope that the reports of college bball's demise are seriously premature! I believe we will see a correction back toward the original intent to fairly distribute the wealth!

I like the idea of an automatic increase if athlete stays with the same team another season. I would like to see a cap on what freshmen can be offered for one year, but no cap on what player can negotiate outside of the school.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
My post was not directed at you, but more to people like Dave who whine constantly that “we’re” not ponying up enough NIL money to buy 5* players. I understand the “reality” of college sports today, I just don’t have to like it. And I’ve pretty much unfollowed all college sports. Haven’t watched a single UNC basketball or football game in the last two years. In the past I hardly missed one. I used to post very regularly but don’t anymore, just occasionally when some jerk like Dave strikes a nerve. I assure you one thing, no more sweating which recruits we do/don’t sign or game results(even d00k) for this UNC fan of over 60 years. It was a helluva ride while it lasted.
I understand and generally feel the same about the state of college basketball. It’s sad to see what it has become, but it’s apparently the new norm.

Sounds like how the coaches are compensated with bonuses. Salary cap has already been agreed upon in principle.

How many top 20 recruits have committed? Enough of the doom and gloom. Geez!!!
Well Notre Dame just successfully bought one about an hour ago.

It's not about how many have currently committed. It's about the fact that every recruiting analyst on the planet will tell you UNC is unlikely to land a single 5-star in the 2025 class. And when you couple that with UNC's failures this summer recruiting the transfer portal, it paints a very clear picture of the current state of UNC's NIL recruiting.

• Sad
Reactions: Oak ridger
GG and Dybantsa

Interesting story.
This is an excellent turn of events on two fronts:

1. It puts the ridiculous rumors surrounding GG's botched decommitment to bed. It is clear the young man was pulled by outside influences against his own wishes!

2. It can only help with convincing AJ and other top recruits that UNC is a great place to work toward your goal!

What an unexpected breath of fresh air!

You heard the man, Mr. Dybantsa-join the Family!

This is an excellent turn of events on two fronts:

1. It puts the ridiculous rumors surrounding GG's botched decommitment to bed. It is clear the young man was pulled by outside influences against his own wishes!

2. It can only help with convincing AJ and other top recruits that UNC is a great place to work toward your goal!

What an unexpected breath of fresh air!

You heard the man, Mr. Dybantsa-join the Family!
I thought the GG thing has been put to bed…Kid wanted UNC but Momma said no…I thought that was how it happened…

Per 247, we have 18 offers out to 2025 recruits. Is that more or less than "usual"?

Has the portal changed that much? Has changing coaches changed that much?

Sounds a bit heavy to me. I know Roy didn't like to cast a very wide net, but he was slowly changing in his last few years. Must be tough to navigate these days. Portal and having to re-recruit your team every year must mean less time to spend on traveling to see HS prospects! I would guess this is why we are casting a much wider net. I bet Hubs is telling some peeps to jump now before someone else takes your spot!

I feel like momentum is on our side these days! I'm optimistic by nature so I feel good about a class including:

Dybantsa, Mullins, Denis, and Dixon. Any 3 of these is a pretty good class! Get on board guys, nothing like winning and becoming part of a forever Family at the same time!

Go Tar Heels!

I feel like momentum is on our side these days! I'm optimistic by nature so I feel good about a class including:

Dybantsa, Mullins, Denis, and Dixon. Any 3 of these is a pretty good class! Get on board guys, nothing like winning and becoming part of a forever Family at the same time!

Go Tar Heels!
We're not getting Dybantsa or Mullins.

I'm not sure who we are going to get aside from Dixon and probably Denis. But we could have as many a 9 scholarships to use, and it's pretty awful we aren't going to get any 5 star recruits.

and if all the recruiting analysts are correct and we miss on all the 2025 5-star recruits, are you going to stop posting?

Shocker that he didn’t answer the question directly. He answered the question with a question. I know I’m on ignore so he won’t read this.

No i won't take that bet because I know you're right that there isn't a single 5 star recruit we are likely to land in 2025. I don't know why I feel the need to troll you and start arguments with you when all you're doing is posting facts.

Thought so. Putting you on ignore since you feel the need to attack people for posting recruiting facts.

Thought so. Putting you on ignore since you feel the need to attack people for posting recruiting facts.

Why are you making things up? You are an epic troll. Attack? Thats what YOU do in response to everyone. Put me on ignore you immature clown.

Apparently we have the highest offer for 3 of its remaining targets in the 2025 class. If Dixon commits to us today that's a good sign this is true. Mullins is split between IU and UNC. He loved the UNC visit and HDs plans for him.

We're not getting Dybantsa or Mullins.

I'm not sure who we are going to get aside from Dixon and probably Denis. But we could have as many a 9 scholarships to use, and it's pretty awful we aren't going to get any 5 star recruits.
How many one and done players win championships?

I wonder what negative spin Captain sunshine @davechappel will put on that?🙄

Things are feeling better, now we need some ink on the paper!!

It's a GDTBATH!!!
Don't know and honestly don't care! That goof is totally irrelevant to me. It is so refreshing for me to not have to see the nonsense he spouts, I have him perma-blocked.

How many one and done players win championships?
NCAA Championships: Marvin Williams, Tony Bradley, Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd Gilchrist, Carmelo Anthony, Jahlil Okafor, Justice Winslow, Tyus Jones, Stephon Castle, Omari Spellman, Marquis Teague, probably some others I can't think of

Conference Championships: too many players to name

Final Fours: too many players to name

NCAA Championships: Marvin Williams, Tony Bradley, Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd Gilchrist, Carmelo Anthony, Jahlil Okafor, Justice Winslow, Tyus Jones, Stephon Castle, Omari Spellman, Marquis Teague, probably some others I can't think of

Conference Championships: too many players to name

Final Fours: too many players to name
Anthony Davis, and Melo are the only two I can think of that was leading there team to a championship. Love Marvin and he was an excellent guy to come off bench on a championship team.

Hate to say it, but Okafor maybe belongs in that convo with Melo and Davis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT