ADVERTISEMENT

5-19 as we approach Dook

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
That is Fedora's record starting with the loss to Dook in 2016.

How could that be worse?

2 of the wins are against 1AA teams: the Citadel and WCU. 1 win is against Old Dominion, which began football in 2009 as a 1AA team and became 1A in 2013. 2 wins against a Pitt program that Fedora couldn't lose to even if we finished 1-11.

Bunting was never worse. He was that bad, but not worse.

on the bright side we have wcu again in a couple of weeks and maybe bubba can get sister mary's school for crappy football players scheduled for that 12th game. that could be 2 more wins this season, that's half as many as we've had over the last 2 years.

That is Fedora's record starting with the loss to Dook in 2016.

How could that be worse?

2 of the wins are against 1AA teams: the Citadel and WCU. 1 win is against Old Dominion, which began football in 2009 as a 1AA team and became 1A in 2013. 2 wins against a Pitt program that Fedora couldn't lose to even if we finished 1-11.

Bunting was never worse. He was that bad, but not worse.

All is true Woad...Don't know what happened that night in Durham..But Bunting never won 11 games and had us a onside kick from winning the ACC...Fact is Fed is not leaving we might as well except that.

All is true Woad...Don't know what happened that night in Durham..But Bunting never won 11 games and had us a onside kick from winning the ACC...Fact is Fed is not leaving we might as well except that.
But Fedora never beat even a 3 win SEC team, much less an SEC bowl team, nor did he beat a Top 5 team. Buntings highs were roughly as high as Fedora's.

They may well keep Fedora. They kept Bunting after back to back bad losing seasons. He had a bowl team the next year, followed by 5-6 and then another collapse, which meant coaching change.

Fedora being kept will mean much the same. The team next year SHOULD be able to win at least 8 regular season games. Whether the team is 8-5 or 10-3, anything better than 7-6 will have Bubba and the pro-Fedora boosters doing what the pro-Bunting crowd did after his being saved led to a 6-5 regular season: claim they were correct and Bunting would be a long time winning coach at UNC.

Considering the Juniors we have now and the way recruiting is going, 2020 is far more likely to be a 4 win season than a 4 loss season.

Fedora is in the Bunting pattern. It is harming UNC football.

While I take exception to it, I’ve accepted it.
Matt Doherty got fired after a bad losing season, which was followed by a winning team that started 4 freshmen - Doherty was fired after a winning season with a team that was the youngest in the ACC.

The AD office cares about basketball quality.

But we can't pass the buck to them alone. If fans demanded the AD office care the same about football quality, it would have to.

Sometime after last season ended, I posted a thread about something I had found interesting about the hardcore Bunting fans: they would never say how bad things must get before they would agree that Bunting must be fired. They lived in platitudes about him loving UNC and caring deeply and being given a bad situation and needing time: they refused to name the point of no return.

One of the regular posters on this board finally got around to saying after the 2017 debacle that he would still support Fedora coaching in 2019 if we had another losing team in 2018.

Multiply him by thousands of UNC fans, and you know why Bubba is sticking with his boy.

You are what you tolerate.

It should be clear by now that Fed can't be gone soon enough for me. But I'm so used to us making poor decisions, to wit Fed's lucrative extension, that I don't expect a smart decision regarding his point of termination.

Reactions: JimmyinVA

giphy.gif

bunting got a little more leash because he was a carolina man and very likeable guy

Reactions: Archer2
how would bunting have done with as many injuries.

wanna make irrelevant points, i can ask irrelevant questions.
Well, if Bunting had had a series of RB injuries, he might have been forced to play Willie Parker, who was the best RB we had during Bunting's entire tenure and who rode the pine year after year because Bunting did not think he had bulked up enough and because Parker fumbled a few times.

Here is something relevant: Sitting the guys you have on the team who have NFL careers ahead of them is STUPID.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT