ADVERTISEMENT

600k offer to xfer for nil money

blazers

Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2001
If you're a junior at UNC and love your friends & life there, no student loan debt, wwyd if you were offered 100k to finish your degree elsewhere? Downside is moving, establishing new friends, etc and having to tweet for some lame company. Upside is that the <whatever> program/facilities, etc is top-notch.

I say 100k since the odds of you having some amazing job paying NFL money down the line isn't likely.

Anytime you inch toward 'pay-for-play' you are opening doors to every kind of money related problem. All reformers assume that their good intentions can bear only good fruit. All reformers are dead wrong, because the sharks always swim around reformers knowing that they will get easy food.

I am cheering for Flowers to have a big season. He's the kind of player/teammate/student athlete I want all over the UNC roster.

Reactions: miamicaneddy
Anytime you inch toward 'pay-for-play' you are opening doors to every kind of money related problem. All reformers assume that their good intentions can bear only good fruit. All reformers are dead wrong, because the sharks always swim around reformers knowing that they will get easy food.

I am cheering for Flowers to have a big season. He's the kind of player/teammate/student athlete I want all over the UNC roster.
I'm cheering for him too, but if I were him i'd probably take the money and run. Boston is cold as F in the winter. I guess one unknown variable in how much NIL money he already making by staying at BC....

I'm cheering for him too, but if I were him i'd probably take the money and run. Boston is cold as F in the winter. I guess one unknown variable in how much NIL money he already making by staying at BC....
But there is something magic about truly bonding with teammates. When you honor those commitments, you gain something worth more than quick cash.

But there is something magic about truly bonding with teammates. When you honor those commitments, you gain something worth more than quick cash.
No different than the "teammates" you bonded with on your job. I'm guessing you didn't have much problem leaving for more money. I think the biggest disconnect between the players and the fans (mostly the older generations) is that the fans see it as an honor to play for _________, but the players see it more as an internship. Fans are bias. They dream of playing for their favorite school. They have dreamed about it since they were a child. Most players aren't lifelong fans of the school they play for. They don't have the same emotional connection.

Reactions: uncboy10
ADVERTISEMENT