ADVERTISEMENT

7 Footer in the transfer portal.....

Appears to be the kind of guy we need, as long as he’s not looking to start and play 30 MPG. He’s 6-10/250 and a very good rebounder. He would be a great backup for Bacot next season and a probable starter his second year. He’s receiving interest from IU, Pitt, Oklahoma State, Wake, and others.

I watched some highlights of Michael Durr. Most players in highlights look really good. Durr was the exception. He missed a lot of easy shots, recovered his miss, and then laid the ball in the basket.

He does appear to play hard. 8 rebounds per game in 26 minutes is good. His free throw shooting improved from 50% to 60 and then 70. He only shoots 46% from the field. His turnover rate is a bit high. He only averaged 9 points. He only blocks 0.9 shots per game.

If he has an excellent attitude, and understands that he will probably be a reserve for two years, then I would say that he would fill a glaring need

Appears to be the kind of guy we need, as long as he’s not looking to start and play 30 MPG. He’s 6-10/250 and a very good rebounder. He would be a great backup for Bacot next season and a probable starter his second year. He’s receiving interest from IU, Pitt, Oklahoma State, Wake, and others.
Seems a little Huffman like but we do need some back to the basket size to back up Bacot. Not sure this guy would be my first choice but would not be upset if we were to get him either.

Seems a little Huffman like but we do need some back to the basket size to back up Bacot. Not sure this guy would be my first choice but would not be upset if we were to get him either.
I agree, on all accounts. But if we don’t get another big to backup Bacot, we’re an injury away from being up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

This is the guy I was referring to a bit ago! I think he has real potential because his motor is high; he is coachable; and he will be around for at least 2-3 years! I would love this fierce warrior banging against Bacot and Manek in practice!

This is the guy I was referring to a bit ago! I think he has real potential because his motor is high; he is coachable; and he will be around for at least 2-3 years! I would love this fierce warrior banging against Bacot and Manek in practice!
IDK TP, just my thinking but I would prefer this time we got a big man from the portal that only has next season eligibility. Reason I say that is that I REALLY like how we stand with multiple bigs in the 2022 freshman class. Lively, Green, Stoudt, are just 3 off top my head we are in great position with, I could suggest as of right now we may lead for all 3. But a lot will depend on what fellas like that see from us next season, style of play wise (how much will Hubert open up jump shooting to our big men for 1 example).

Reactions: Tom79 and TPFKAPFS
I could see that as well D! But, the bird in the hand thing can be hard to pass up! Lively and Green could go straight G with a blow up next season (or get their heads turned by the shinies) and Stoudt (did you mean Traudt?) won't be in the post much. Those peeps are homeruns and I don't like to bet my O on just hitting homers when games are usually won station to station!

I like the new shotgun approach......as long as we still take time to assess character as much as possible! Being able to fit the team concept has to be way up on the priority list!

I could see that as well D! But, the bird in the hand thing can be hard to pass up! Lively and Green could go straight G with a blow up next season (or get their heads turned by the shinies) and Stoudt (did you mean Traudt?) won't be in the post much. Those peeps are homeruns and I don't like to bet my O on just hitting homers when games are usually won station to station!
I could be wrong but I don't think any of the 3 22 bigs I mentioned are considered to be 1&D types that cause us to worry G rather than college. Traudt and Lively are (per rivals) 4 stars and Green shows as a 3 star for now but is considered a 4 by most.

Now yeah, I get the bird in the hand thinking but that bird in the hand has to be a really good bird and I am not sure the birds in the portal with multi year eligibility are the better fits, if the marquette big man gets in to the portal I will change that tune for sure but he isn't in there as of now. I really like the upsides on the 22 bigs we are in good with, guys I think can develop in to really solid college players.

While I would much prefer we add another big man to the roster, we can get by now as long as Bacot does in fact come back, which I do fully expect. We have Bacot, McKoy, Mancek, and a Lynch type freshman (Styles 6'7") coming in that can get us by but means we play a lot more UNC small ball (long and interchangeable 3s and 4s). That may not be a bad thing but it darn sure is a new thing but I do recall Roy plugging PJ in as our starting 4 and we got much better by that adjustment.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I get that they are 4 stars now, (Green is a 4 at least) but all it takes is a good season or a little growth spurt and they will have smoke pumped up their bums from all angles! I think we are fine as we are constructed and have plenty of size since nobody but FSU really has that stockpile of 7 footers. I thing Hubs has plenty to work with, but I also have seen injury, slow development, and chemistry put crimps in seasons. I think we can afford to give out one of our schollies and will still have room for 2 of the 3 mentioned. It is an exciting time and I love that we have so many options!

I am going to say it once again ... We NEED another big!!! We have ZERO margin of safety if god forbid Bacot goes down with injury, fouls etc
This 7 footer is IDEAL, he was going to be a backup at Va tech, he can play the same role here for a year.

I hear that Manny Bates from NC State is transferring. He would be perfect! A nice young man from Fayetteville. He's improving tremendously. He averages 3 blocks per game, shoots 64% from the field and 69% FT.

Bates blocked 147 shots in 53 games! Exactly what you need if you play small ball. Pressure the ball on the perimeter, and Bates can play free safety

Bates blocked 147 shots in 53 games! Exactly what you need if you play small ball. Pressure the ball on the perimeter, and Bates can play free safety
true true! i member bates just 4 month ago with 100 career blocks. my boy duncan got 124 in 1993 33 games. bates a bad boy. he sting you. bates might pass ol boy beejay anya 224

bates for real leaving state?

Reactions: bobcrane14
I would not be shocked to see Bates go to Ky, especially if Jackson stays in draft. All they are lacking is a rim protector and he is the best one out there.

ADVERTISEMENT