ADVERTISEMENT

A thought for signing day

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
An SI article says that according to 24/7 rankings, Bama has had the #1 recruiting class for 8 of the last 10 years.

An SI article says that according to 24/7 rankings, Bama has had the #1 recruiting class for 8 of the last 10 years.

They also pay "interns" like DJ Durkin and Butch Jones to help breakdown film, scout, game prep, scheme, practice plan, etc. These guys are actually allowed up in the box, so they can provide feedback to the coordinators during the game as well.

I think it was two years ago i watched them blow out someone and the scrubs that came in for mop up duty i recognized as 4 stars we had desperately recruited from
Nc.

You’ll never convince me that there aren’t some $henanigan$ going on at Bama.
giphy.gif

You’ll never convince me that there aren’t some $henanigan$ going on at Bama.
"Shenanigans" is a fun word that makes it seem innocent.

I have no doubt that Bama boosters are paying out some nice bucks. And that only makes the Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, LSU, and A&M boosters work harder.

The bogus summer jobs that boosters use to pay players is another tool used by the SEC, and I've seen it first hand when I lived in the "ATL" several years ago, and worked for an Auburn booster who was close friends with Pat Dye when he was the Coach of the Tigers...Actually talked to one of the players as he came in for his first day on the job...A job that he had little or no experience, but that didn't matter to my boss who only wanted to keep the players happy...Auburn was later put on probation, and my boss was implicated in providing illegal benefits to some of the Tiger players, and that was the end of the Pat Dye era of football at Auburn...

I heard back then that it was even worse at Alabama, and never doubted it one bit!

So the SEC to me means: See Everybody Corrupt!

It is human nature to try to get ahead and a good portion of human folk try to get ahead at all costs. The history of collegiate sports has seen the slip ups like when Kensucky's Fedex package by chance opened revealing the cash inside. Recently we hear the report of the idiots at lol assistant coaches giving cash to Dennis Smith to keep him at loserville U. To think that Bama is above this because they do not have to do it is ignorance at best. There is quite simply too much at stake not to cheat. The millions of dollars is what fuels the cheating, the human nature of greed. Check out the recruiting prowess at dook for the last ten years. Do all those top 10 players go to dook to play for Coach K and get the prestigious dook degree manufactured through UNC Central? Of course they do...The NCAA will never open investigations at cash cow Universities like Bama, dook, or even UNC, oh wait, my bad...

The bogus summer jobs that boosters use to pay players is another tool used by the SEC, and I've seen it first hand when I lived in the "ATL" several years ago, and worked for an Auburn booster who was close friends with Pat Dye when he was the Coach of the Tigers...Actually talked to one of the players as he came in for his first day on the job...A job that he had little or no experience, but that didn't matter to my boss who only wanted to keep the players happy...Auburn was later put on probation, and my boss was implicated in providing illegal benefits to some of the Tiger players, and that was the end of the Pat Dye era of football at Auburn...

I heard back then that it was even worse at Alabama, and never doubted it one bit!

So the SEC to me means: See Everybody Corrupt!

That’s good Rick - you conveniently forget that around the same time Clemson was put on probation for largely the same thing. The Fridge used to get paid for drinking Fanta at a car lot.

Between FSU, Miami, Louisville, Syracuse and Clemson - isn’t it silly to throw stones?

It’s a UNC board so I won’t get into their academic mess, but can’t let it go that Georgia Techs only ACC football title was taken away because they played with an ineligible player and interfered with an NCAA investigation, and they also had a big academic scandal that cost them a lot wins.

It made you feel morally superior to make that post, but the reality is that no one is above reproach.

We’ve beaten Clemson 6 of last 7 times we played - I bet it makes it easier to stomach to just say “y’all cheat”. Have it at it.

Meanwhile Sankey was making up BS about us. Bama has had players as NFL agents more than us yet no probation for those scumbags.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT