ADVERTISEMENT

ACC pix for this werekend's games

andrew jones

Hall of Famer
Staff
Jul 21, 2014
Post yours as well.

Tonight

Virginia Tech is at Miami: Canes keep rolling. I’ve never been a Brent Prye guy and am less of one each week. An ugly loss could get some high rollers there looking for a way out.

Saturday

Western Kentucky at Boston College: BC had an emotional win last weekend after a stretch of important games. How ready is it for the Hilltoppers? It will at least be enough to get a victory by a couple of TDs.

Northern Illinois at NC State: NIU won at Notre Dame and in its next game lost to Buffalo. State will see the team that is squarely in between those two performances. The Pack is coming off its second game allowing 50 or more points. Close one, but State prevails late.

Holy Cross at Syracuse: This game shouldn’t be played, but it is. Cuse by a gazillion.

Louisville at Notre Dame: HUGE game for the ACC. The Cardinals need to at least be very competitive in this one, and perhaps win it. We know very little about them because they’ve only played Georgia Tech of note. Still, I think Louisville is pretty good. Irish by a nose.

Louisiana at Wake Forest: No gimmies for these Deacs. Wake wins but it may not pull away.

Stanford at Clemson: If the Cardinal ever get to Clemson (flight delays kept them in CA all day Thursday), they may hang around some. Stanford isn’t bad in its 22, but depth is an issue, and I can see the Tigers wearing them down and pulling away.

Florida State at SMU: Was FSU’s win over Cal last week a sign of a new direction for this team? It held the Bears to just 9 points, and while SMU was supposed to be really good this season, the Mustangs have been mediocre. A hunch says the Noles leave with a narrow win with a late score.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.