ADVERTISEMENT

According to Chansky, Fed ain't going anywhere

A little history on strong he inherited a Texas team that was not very good and attitudes to boot. His only issue was he kicked off all the bad apples talented or not. This left his team without much tslent, he wasn't allowed the time to build it back after he cleaned all the bad apples out. You don't get that time in TX he would get that time here

From what I’ve heard, Strong is a good recruiter and motivator. That’s what we need, in combination with a couple of hardcore x’s and o’s guys at the coordinator positions

You can't defer the payments. If they agreed to do that, it would be an NCAA violation. You can't receive special treatment.
is it an ncaa violation for parents to give their own kid a few hundred dollars a month for a car? they're not paying anything for tuition, room, board, etc, so they could afford it, unless we're assuming that all these kids come from severely impoverished families. accusers: please share your evidence that alabama is cheating, other than the fact that they're a great team.

From what I’ve heard, Strong is a good recruiter and motivator. That’s what we need, in combination with a couple of hardcore x’s and o’s guys at the coordinator positions

as long as he isn’t calling plays, he’s okay...he had a couple of different nicknames here that would suggest he is similar in philosophy as to what carolina has calling the defense now.

i think he’s better in getting a program to a hump rather than over one.

as long as he isn’t calling plays, he’s okay...he had a couple of different nicknames here that would suggest he is similar in philosophy as to what carolina has calling the defense now.

i think he’s better in getting a program to a hump rather than over one.

Right now we’re buried under the hump.

If we can get a better hire than strong then I’d love that. But he at least seems like a realistic option at this point

is it an ncaa violation for parents to give their own kid a few hundred dollars a month for a car? they're not paying anything for tuition, room, board, etc, so they could afford it, unless we're assuming that all these kids come from severely impoverished families. accusers: please share your evidence that alabama is cheating, other than the fact that they're a great team.
I'm not accusing him of anything. What you are describing is a legit purchase because the car is being paid for. Something completely different than what they were talking about.

i think he’s better in getting a program to a hump rather than over one
Which is exactly what we need right now.

All I know is Alabama players eem to shown up with brand new red Camaros when they commit... More than .one has done that and the history of said players is they come from impoverished beginnings so it is very doubtful that the parents could afford a few hundred bucks a month. Just like it is doubtful that Zion'$ parent$ are renting g the house in a swanky neighborhood in Durham at fair market value...

A little history on strong he inherited a Texas team that was not very good and attitudes to boot. His only issue was he kicked off all the bad apples talented or not. This left his team without much tslent, he wasn't allowed the time to build it back after he cleaned all the bad apples out. You don't get that time in TX he would get that time here
So your point is that Mack left an empty cupboard?

Nope. Mack did not leave a team with the talent to go 10-2, but he left more than enough for Texas to not have back to back to back losing seasons.

Keep in mind that Strong's best record at Texas was his 6-6 regular season his first year there - when virtually 100% of the players were Mack recruits (I recall only 1 player on that team, a true frosh DT who had been a commit to Louisville, who was not a Mack recruit).

When Strong wins the AAC a couple of times, your case will be much stronger. As of now, Strong is the AAC coach who can't beat Major Applewhite and who just got shellacked at Home by Tulane.

So your point is that Mack left an empty cupboard?

Nope. Mack did not leave a team with the talent to go 10-2, but he left more than enough for Texas to not have back to back to back losing seasons.

Keep in mind that Strong's best record at Texas was his 6-6 regular season his first year there - when virtually 100% of the players were Mack recruits (I recall only 1 player on that team, a true frosh DT who had been a commit to Louisville, who was not a Mack recruit).

When Strong wins the AAC a couple of times, your case will be much stronger. As of now, Strong is the AAC coach who can't beat Major Applewhite and who just got shellacked at Home by Tulane.
Are you kidding me that is not what I said at all... What part of he kicked all bad apples talented or not didn't you understand. He depleted his talent pool to point that he just couldn't recover fast enough. And like it or not he is probably our most viable option

Are you kidding me that is not what I said at all... What part of he kicked all bad apples talented or not didn't you understand. He depleted his talent pool to point that he just couldn't recover fast enough. And like it or not he is probably our most viable option
Charlie Strong exited Louisville in a bad way, and one way to shift the narrative from him as whore for the big money rather than loyalty to the AD and school that made him HC is to paint yourself as a guy going to do a dirty, hard clean up job that no one else could do. In this case, clean up all the rotten apples and lazy Mack players.

You have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.

Here is the funny part: that line that surrounded Strong from early on in Austin and has continued as excuse by Strong supporters for his being a failure at Texas surely was central to the reason that TX HS coaches never felt good about him. The Strong posse was trashing TX players and therefore TX Friday Night Lights and the TX HS coaches.

If you have 3 consecutive losing seasons at Texas, you have done something terribly wrong, epically wrong.

Reactions: heelfan1961
Charlie Strong exited Louisville in a bad way, and one way to shift the narrative from him as whore for the big money rather than loyalty to the AD and school that made him HC is to paint yourself as a guy going to do a dirty, hard clean up job that no one else could do. In this case, clean up all the rotten apples and lazy Mack players.

You have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.

Here is the funny part: that line that surrounded Strong from early on in Austin and has continued as excuse by Strong supporters for his being a failure at Texas surely was central to the reason that TX HS coaches never felt good about him. The Strong posse was trashing TX players and therefore TX Friday Night Lights and the TX HS coaches.

If you have 3 consecutive losing seasons at Texas, you have done something terribly wrong, epically wrong.
Except Charlie Strong never said that; other coaches other commentators have all said that about Charlie Strong. Look I'm not saying he's the best option. I'm just saying he's probably the most viable and probably the one that we get if we fire fed

Except Charlie Strong never said that; other coaches other commentators have all said that about Charlie Strong. Look I'm not saying he's the best option. I'm just saying he's probably the most viable and probably the one that we get if we fire fed
Then we would hire a Fedora from the D side of things.

Just look at Strong's records.

7-6, 7-6, 11-2 (UofL in a depleted BE so weak that 2nd Strong team was co-champ with a 7-6 record).
12-1 (UofL in the nonP5 AAC)

6-7, 5-7, 5-7 (at Texas, with all the facilities that can be bought, in a football crazed state overflowing with talent)

10-2, so far in 2018 7-2 (in the AAC)

There is nothing there that suggests that Strong in a P5 can be any better than a coach who might average 7.5 wins per season. It looks like Strong was meant to be a coach in the AAC where he can be very good per his league.

All I know is Alabama players eem to shown up with brand new red Camaros when they commit... More than .one has done that and the history of said players is they come from impoverished beginnings so it is very doubtful that the parents could afford a few hundred bucks a month. Just like it is doubtful that Zion'$ parent$ are renting g the house in a swanky neighborhood in Durham at fair market value...

BamaCars_zpscrwcdufn.gif

#timestamps

Reactions: TarHeelMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT