ADVERTISEMENT

All-ACC Teams

Perkins led his team to a Coastal Division championship and played incredible against UNC and VT. Sam will have his time.

Reactions: Archer2
Perkins led his team to a Coastal Division championship and played incredible against UNC and VT. Sam will have his time.
I understand all of that, but Sam played incredible in pretty much every game. His passing game was far superior and his stats were in line with some numbers nationally, not just in the ACC. I'm guessing the biggest reason Perkins was chosen was due to his rushing numbers as well. Sam will definitely get his time. I'm sure he will get some votes for ACC POY next year and maybe a dark horse candidate to get an invite to NY.

ETA: Howell's efficiency rating was over 25 points higher than Perkins too.

Last edited:
Just needed to get a couple of those close losses. If we had 8 or 9 wins, I'm sure Sam would be 2nd team.
That's probably true, but if you look purely at the player (which is what this should be about) Sam beats him in almost every category except for rushing. Sam's numbers are in line with players who will get consideration for AA teams.

Reactions: Archer2
I understand all of that, but Sam played incredible in pretty much every game. His passing game was far superior and his stats were in line with some numbers nationally, not just in the ACC. I'm guessing the biggest reason Perkins was chosen was due to his rushing numbers as well. Sam will definitely get his time. I'm sure he will get some votes for ACC POY next year and maybe a dark horse candidate to get an invite to NY.

ETA: Howell's efficiency rating was over 25 points higher than Perkins too.
Plus, Perkins is a senior. Senior whose team finally won its division.

That should been a no-brainer to everybody.

I think the ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year should be Chazz Surratt. He is a rookie on D, and his year was amazing for a guy brand new to the D side of things.
Somehow he wasn't a unanimous choice. You might be able to make an argument that he's not the overall ROY, but saying he isn't ROY on offense is crazy. Those other votes were either anti UNC people or that player's coach.

Just needed to get a couple of those close losses. If we had 8 or 9 wins, I'm sure Sam would be 2nd team.
True.

That's probably true, but if you look purely at the player (which is what this should be about) Sam beats him in almost every category except for rushing. Sam's numbers are in line with players who will get consideration for AA teams.
Also true.

Plus, Perkins is a senior. Senior whose team finally won its division.
I think this was the main reason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT