ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else here play FanDuel PGA?

bleeduncblue

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
i've been playing for a while now and think i'm finally getting the hang of it. have cashed 2 weeks in a row ... might be close to even again, dollar-wise. i love their set up and the new single day PGA contests. definitely makes the non-major tournaments much more interesting, especially on Sunday.

I've tried it a few times but don't find it all that profitable. You're obviously much closer to the game than I am so I think you have a very nice advantage that you should exploit on their tournaments.

Send me some picks and I'll join you :)

Reactions: bleeduncblue
I've tried it a few times but don't find it all that profitable. You're obviously much closer to the game than I am so I think you have a very nice advantage that you should exploit on their tournaments.

Send me some picks and I'll join you :)

i dont have the time to devote to pre-tourney research that i would LIKE, but i do have a method that seems to be working. here are my picks for this week. lets see how i do - if i suck, i'll follow your picks next week. love this stuff!

Schauffle, Hovland, Morikawa, Cantlay, Reavie, Stuard

i dont have the time to devote to pre-tourney research that i would LIKE, but i do have a method that seems to be working. here are my picks for this week. lets see how i do - if i suck, i'll follow your picks next week. love this stuff!

Schauffle, Hovland, Morikawa, Cantlay, Reavie, Stuard

Love it. I’m gonna ride these picks!

If I picked stocks as bad as I pick sports outcomes I'd be bankrupt twenty times over. I am much better at stocks so I stay in my lane.

Reactions: Heelicious
I don't play on Fanduel I play on Draftkings and I played a $1 golf tournament and had no idea what I was doing but I won the think for $2500, and I pretty much just guessed when I was picking.

I enjoy playing NBA and NFL games on there I got into the NFL million tournament 3 years ago and was in 10 place when the Monday night football game had about 1 minute left in the game for 10k the Steelers were playing the Bears. I had the Bears defense and Bell scored a TD and I went from if they stopped him from the 5 yardline making 10k to making $35 with one TD!

I didn't sleep well that night!

• Angry
I've mentioned this here before but good friend of mine won $1M playing $20 bet on golf on DraftKings. When DJ missed the putt on 18 at Chambers Bay, my buddy jumped from 4th to 1st. We were texting the whole time and when that putt slipped by the hole, he texted "man, I think I just won." Neither of us could believe it. A day later he had the money wired and then went to Boston for the big cardboard check and photos etc. We were already scheduled to go on a golf trip to Oakmont and Laurel Valley the next week splitting expenses and instead he picked up the bill. It was awesome! We'd be chatting about it and our caddies would be like "What?!?" He ended up putting most in the bank after putting his mom in nicer assisted living facility. Then started collecting rare bourbon. He's actually been quite successful playing after that. Won like $150k a few weeks later in a bigger money game.

I've mentioned this here before but good friend of mine won $1M playing $20 bet on golf on DraftKings. When DJ missed the putt on 18 at Chambers Bay, my buddy jumped from 4th to 1st. We were texting the whole time and when that putt slipped by the hole, he texted "man, I think I just won." Neither of us could believe it. A day later he had the money wired and then went to Boston for the big cardboard check and photos etc. We were already scheduled to go on a golf trip to Oakmont and Laurel Valley the next week splitting expenses and instead he picked up the bill. It was awesome! We'd be chatting about it and our caddies would be like "What?!?" He ended up putting most in the bank after putting his mom in nicer assisted living facility. Then started collecting rare bourbon. He's actually been quite successful playing after that. Won like $150k a few weeks later in a bigger money game.

awesome story! a friend of mine won $65k last year on DK on the super bowl.

how did you like Oakmont and LV? we made that same trip about 8 years ago (plus Pittsburgh Field Club). i'll never forget walking into the Oakmont locker room that first time, seeing the wooden benches with all the 100 year old spike marks.

Reactions: Heelicious
yeah that locker room is great...i've been lucky enough to play a lot of courses with same old school vibe...PV, Shinny, Merion and some others. it's like stepping back in time. that smell of old leather shoes and pine. awesome.

Our locker room at Champions is similar. They replaced the old carpet and leather lounge chairs earlier this year for the Women's Open and I was like "oh man, no." but oh well. still got the old lockers from way back, not the polished wood that all the high dollar clubs put in now. guests always comment on the old feel, which is cool.

only issue w Oakmont was the caddies were just crusty old bitter guys who worked the sausage factory night shift and then carried for us that morning. horrible. they didn't enjoy time with us and we didn't with them.

LV was the bomb. Maybe one of my all time favorite tracks and experience was really nice.

yeah that locker room is great...i've been lucky enough to play a lot of courses with same old school vibe...PV, Shinny, Merion and some others. it's like stepping back in time. that smell of old leather shoes and pine. awesome.

Our locker room at Champions is similar. They replaced the old carpet and leather lounge chairs earlier this year for the Women's Open and I was like "oh man, no." but oh well. still got the old lockers from way back, not the polished wood that all the high dollar clubs put in now. guests always comment on the old feel, which is cool.

only issue w Oakmont was the caddies were just crusty old bitter guys who worked the sausage factory night shift and then carried for us that morning. horrible. they didn't enjoy time with us and we didn't with them.

LV was the bomb. Maybe one of my all time favorite tracks and experience was really nice.

yeah our caddies werent world class either, but honestly i detest having to use a caddy (and i caddied in college at The Honors). unless they've looped for you at least 5 times they have no clue how far you hit the ball or how much extra break you read into your putts, etc ... it drives me nuts. in the last few years i've finally drummed up the nerve to tell a first time caddy on our way to the first tee "please dont give me any advice unless i ask" (it's being a dick, i know, but it makes the experience way better for me and takes some pressure off the caddy). i'd much rather walk and carry my own clubs but sometimes that's not a polite option.

Oakmont had the best sloppy joe sandwich i've ever had, hands down. that alone was worth the trip!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT