ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone with new music?

One of the best for sure. I saw Bruce in the Dean Dome (late 80s), and it was great.

Was it the 1984 Heartbeat City tour? I saw them in Greensboro that year. It was the first show of the tour and wasn't very good. Music was ok, but they just had no stage presence or connection to the audience at all.

Yepp that’s it. Def studio musicians.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I went to see Marshall tucker band back in the 80’s in a small venue in Asheville. Their opening act was billy ray cyrus. This was before he became “famous”. We thought it was a joke. His mullet, muscle shirt and fake tan...he looked like a pro wrestler. And he was HORRIBLE. We laughed then realized he was trying to be serious so then we started booing. He stormed off after a couple songs. Well then Marshall tucker band got pissed and evidently said “eff you”‘back at us and refused to come out. They claimed they became ill. So that concert sucked.

I went to see Marshall tucker band back in the 80’s in a small venue in Asheville. Their opening act was billy ray cyrus. This was before he became “famous”. We thought it was a joke. His mullet, muscle shirt and fake tan...he looked like a pro wrestler. And he was HORRIBLE. We laughed then realized he was trying to be serious so then we started booing. He stormed off after a couple songs. Well then Marshall tucker band got pissed and evidently said “eff you”‘back at us and refused to come out. They claimed they became ill. So that concert sucked.
Bless your broken achy breaky heart! That is a funny story, after the fact.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
The Black Crowes have released their 30th Anniversary of "Shake Your Money Maker" box set.

It's got some AWESOME stuff on it!

For example:

And, this:

And, a great live show from December 19, 1990.

About five of us saw them in early that same December at "Illusions" in Charleston. There was a Pizza Hut in front of the club. We went in there to use the lavatory. We come out and notice Johnny Colt, Steve Gorman, and Eddie Hawrysch were eating in one of the booths (the restaurant was mostly empty). Me and a buddy go over to the table to say how much we loved the band. And, Johnny Colt blurts out: "Man, we're trying to ****ing eat!!!" Oops! The show was great!

Reactions: tarheel0910
One of the best for sure. I saw Bruce in the Dean Dome (late 80s), and it was great.

was that the show where he did a slowed-down Born to Run? IIRC, that was his encore. I was ushering the DD at that time just so I could see the games and the concerts. I am a Springsteen fan but that version of BtR disappointed me.

Reactions: dadika13
was that the show where he did a slowed-down Born to Run? IIRC, that was his encore. I was ushering the DD at that time just so I could see the games and the concerts. I am a Springsteen fan but that version of BtR disappointed me.
Don't remember if that was the encore. It was in 87, 88. The Tunnel of Love album tour.

Yeah the best aspect to BtR is that energy that Springsteen is legendary at bringing...if you slow it down you lose basically the whole song.

When I saw bruce there was Clarence doing a sax solo and he’s slowly sinking to one knee. At the last second bruce from entirely across the stage whips out his signature kerchief and flips it across the stage (weighted somehow I guess) and it slides right under clarence’s knee at the moment it touches down. Place went freaking nuts.

Somehow i forgot to mention seeing heart in concert when whats her name was skinny. They were damn good. Met my future wife there which is bizarre considering the concert was in Charlotte and we both lived in Asheville. My gf at the time was with me and she knew the guy my future wife was with and they saw each other and started talking so we did the same. She looked like she stepped out of a Motley Crue video.

Worst opener I might've seen was a band that might've been GWAR.
Somehow i forgot to mention seeing heart in concert when whats her name was skinny. They were damn good. Met my future wife there which is bizarre considering the concert was in Charlotte and we both lived in Asheville. My gf at the time was with me and she knew the guy my future wife was with and they saw each other and started talking so we did the same. She looked like she stepped out of a Motley Crue video.
"girls, girls, girls" or "shout at the devil"?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT