ADVERTISEMENT

Bacot Preseason ACC POY, Love First Team, UNC Is Top Pick

Consensus RJ will replace Love on the first team, sorry Grover. There will be plenty of Love on the second team All ACC.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
At least we don't have that idiotic tradition that nobody is allowed to be 100% like for the baseball HOF! We just have minor league idiots who think it is either funny or somehow serves their team to put in a homer vote! I think we also have peeps who vote against players/teams no matter what!

In any case, The Heels, Bacot, Love, and RJ all were recognized for their work and improvement!

Consensus RJ will replace Love on the first team, sorry Grover. There will be plenty of Love on the second team All ACC.
Is that your way of saying congrats to Love for being selected pre-season first team All-ACC? Thank you for your Love and Support for Love! Let Love lead the way!…..choose Love not hate!.. Love is the Key!….and congrats to RJ “we fall down but we get up” Davis for making second team!

Is that your way of saying congrats to Love for being selected pre-season first team All-ACC? Thank you for your Love and Support for Love! Let Love lead the way!…..choose Love not hate!.. Love is the Key!….and congrats to RJ “we fall down but we get up” Davis for making second team!
No doubt Love is an important part of the Carolina team, but RJ is the engine who runs the team. Maybe it would be nice to have all three on the first team, what do you think? Probably not realistic, but a thought.

I think all 3 are deserving of the honor but it is highly unlikely that they would ever put 3 from the same team! My memory isn't all that great so others may prove this incorrect, lol!

It is awesome that both RJ and Caleb have improved so much that this is even a debate! Last year, RJ established himself as the better floor general for this team and I can now see RJ actually getting a sniff at the League! Love has the body type and athleticism the League wants so he has a leg up. If he continues his steep learning curve, especially shot selection and decision making, Love will get a high draft spot!
We are blessed to have both of them!

For us to get 3 on the first team, we’d have to go undefeated in league play and the stats would have to be there. Super unlikely.

Frankly, I don’t care at all who is where with regard to individual accolades. I don’t think the players do either. They came back for one reason and one reason only.

• Love
No doubt Love is an important part of the Carolina team, but RJ is the engine who runs the team. Maybe it would be nice to have all three on the first team, what do you think? Probably not realistic, but a thought.
Love was the engine….RJ was the transmission….Bacot was the tires….Leakey the old cassette tape….and Brady was the gas.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
For us to get 3 on the first team, we’d have to go undefeated in league play and the stats would have to be there. Super unlikely.

Frankly, I don’t care at all who is where with regard to individual accolades. I don’t think the players do either. They came back for one reason and one reason only.
We got 3 on the first team in 2012 when we finished 14-2. Barnes, Zeller, and Henson.

And honestly Kendall Marshall being left off the first team was a crime. ACC single season assist record, Cousy award for best PG in the nation, and he ends up on the 2nd team?

We got 3 on the first team in 2012 when we finished 14-2. Barnes, Zeller, and Henson.

And honestly Kendall Marshall being left off the first team was a crime. ACC single season assist record, Cousy award for best PG in the nation, and he ends up on the 2nd team?

Agree on Marshall but in fairness, HB40 probably shouldn’t have made it. And the league was weak that year evidenced by the poor showing in the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT