ADVERTISEMENT

beard of Zeus!

blazers

Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2001
great oden's raven! I just heard Zamir White was going to visit unc again this weekend!

Is he just coming up for a lounge at the pool with his homeboy J Smith, or is he just dying for a bucket of bones at timeout? Or what?

Reactions: J.COX
I have been wanting a Tar Heel RB to win the Heisman since Don McCauley's senior year. In 1980, I'd have bet that a UNC Heisman RB would come before the Red Sox and especially the Cubs could win the World Series.

I have been long awaiting a ACC Championship since I was 24. Would love to see that happen then he can win the Heisman.

I had completely given up on him coming here but that's two weekends in a row he's been in CH. still trying not to get overly excited but this one could be trending our way.

I had completely given up on him coming here but that's two weekends in a row he's been in CH. still trying not to get overly excited but this one could be trending our way.
He was born in Chapel Hill and had to stay in the hospital 3 months.

Chapel Hill is White's other home town.

Any RB who is interested in UGA always has Herschel Walker in mind. Rightly so. And there is reason for White to focus closely on Walker. because that tale should be part of his choosing UNC.

Before Walker appeared in a UGA uniform, UNC had a much better RB history than UGA. Walker changed everything about UGA's reputation as a destination for top RB recruits, as well as being THE necessary final piece to the puzzle to UGA winning its only National Championship.

Walker was a small town guy who decided to stay in state, and in so doing he changed the future of football for that school.

If White follows Walker's path, he will be a Tar Heel. He will stay in state and become the legendary RB who leads the team to its first National championship.

How much does White value being the first at a school, his state's flagship school, versus trying to equal another RB's record of achievement in an out of state school?

Usually I get upset when some big time recruit is down to UNC and another college and goes elsewhere. In this case, I am not. Why the hell would he even consider UNC. This is what happens when offense sucks and you don't run the ball. We never properly used HOOD the last few years. No way in hell a great running back should consider UNC until the coaches get their heads out their arses.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Usually I get upset when some big time recruit is down to UNC and another college and goes elsewhere. In this case, I am not. Why the hell would he even consider UNC. This is what happens when offense sucks and you don't run the ball. We never properly used HOOD the last few years. No way in hell a great running back should consider UNC until the coaches get their heads out their arses.
In case you didn't notice, Hood was vastly overrated. I love Elijah and he was a great representative of UNC, but the dude couldn't run sideways to save his life. He had no wiggle.

Hood is getting paid. He proved he can block, run, and catch well enough to be in the pros. TJ Logan the same.

Gio Bernard showed the Fed will use a work-horse if there is only one on the team...

Hood had weird health issues too, very obvious tween the UGA gm and the Dook gm.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
He'll be a preseason Heisman candidate at UGA. He won't ever be in New York. I'll bet you a sixer right now.
UGA has so many 4 and 5* RBs that he may never get the carries to have the stats to get to NYC for the Heisman ceremony. Walker did it when he was the one and only UGA superstar RB recruit.

I agree that Hood wasn't the best sideways runner, nor was he very elusive.

However he could definitely run between the tackles in the red zone. Just take this example that won us the SCar game:

filenotfound.gif

Yea all uga had to do was give zeus hood's phone number to eliminate us. We have a dangerous offense no doubt. But it features dual threat qb's and wr's. Rb's are just for a change of pace and to keep d lines honest.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Yea all uga had to do was give zeus hood's phone number to eliminate us. We have a dangerous offense no doubt. But it features dual threat qb's and wr's. Rb's are just for a change of pace and to keep d lines honest.
Fedora's offense will work better, especially in the Red Zone and on 2nd or 3rd and short, if the QB runs less so that the RB runs more.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Hood had 1463 rushing yards and 17 TDs in 2015 (14 games)

Chubb had 1180 rushing and 8 TDs this yr (13 games).

Chubb's highest TD count in a single yr was 14 (his rookie yr)

I haven't looked, but I bet TJ Logan had as much fun as Sony.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT