ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Talk

uncboy10

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2008
Here’s the spot to talk about potential bowl matchups and whether or not we’ll even get to play a bowl game...

My prediction is the Orange bowl against A&M. I think clemson beats up on ND

These bowl games could be laughable especially if a team like lil Carolina makes it to a bowl which they may with all of the opt outs.

Agreed. Probably going to start to see more teams pull out as well.
I think everybody is going to do everything possible to play the NYD 6. If they save those, they will be OK losing ever other bowl this year.

That's why getting the Orange is especially important.

Reactions: Archer2
I’m so stoked just thinking about the possibility of an Orange Bowl bid. I hope for the sake of our seniors especially, they’ll have the opportunity to experience that. And a victory against someone like Texas A&M would be beyond my wildest expectations for this team in their second year of rebuilding. It would assist the staff in recruiting for next year and beyond.

I’m so stoked just thinking about the possibility of an Orange Bowl bid. I hope for the sake of our seniors especially, they’ll have the opportunity to experience that. And a victory against someone like Texas A&M would be beyond my wildest expectations for this team in their second year of rebuilding. It would assist the staff in recruiting for next year and beyond.
Totally agree. History books will put a big fat asterisk on this yr, but it would still be pretty awesome for UNC given we're UNC, and of course awesome progression-wise given some of the farts vs uva/fsu.

And the fact that Miami may be our stiffest competition for the Coastal makes it doubly sweet. Unlike the Atlantic division, which Clemson owns, the Coastal is up for grabs. With their ability to recruit, Miami should be a contender for the ACC title every year. I want us to get to that point. I know the Tigers set a high bar but I want to reach the point where UNC is considered the favorite to win the Coastal every year, with a shot in the ACCCG to knock them off.

A man can dream, can’t he?

And the fact that Miami may be our stiffest competition for the Coastal makes it doubly sweet. Unlike the Atlantic division, which Clemson owns, the Coastal is up for grabs. With their ability to recruit, Miami should be a contender for the ACC title every year. I want us to get to that point. I know the Tigers set a high bar but I want to reach the point where UNC is considered the favorite to win the Coastal every year, with a shot in the ACCCG to knock them off.

A man can dream, can’t he?
That's not a stretch at all. But, the hump is always going to be Clemson! And, Clemson is going to be top dawg for a very, very long time. Venables isn't going anywhere. I highly doubt Swinney will go to Alabama. I think he'd be crazy to go there. But, nevertheless, back to the Coastal... That should be very easily obtained.

This might sound crazy but I'm thinking Notre Dame wins again. I think their defense will get to Lawrence and disrupt him. I can see ND pulling away late.
And Notre Dame winning the ACC the only year they're in the ACC is ACC'ing since clemson no longer does Clemson'ing.

If we had taken care of business against FSU and UVA we could be sitting at #5 or #6 and pulling for Notre Dame and Northwestern. At 10-1 with a loss to #2 we might even be ahead of Ohio St.

Reactions: heelbent
Stop torturing yourself buddy. We weren’t ready to be a 10-1 team, not consistent enough. Baby steps.

It is what it is. I don’t think we’d actually be a top 4 team. But the schedule was pretty soft and winning 10 games was on the table if they did have that consistency.

On the plus side, we beat the brakes off of Miami, and VT is in shambles. We really should* be a regular in the ACCCG in coming years.

If we had taken care of business against FSU and UVA we could be sitting at #5 or #6 and pulling for Notre Dame and Northwestern.
True.

At 10-1 with a loss to #2 we might even be ahead of Ohio St.
False. The luckeyes (gawd, I hate those bastages) always get preferential treatment by CFP.

Stop torturing yourself buddy. We weren’t ready to be a 10-1 team, not consistent enough. Baby steps.
True.

Reactions: uncfootball-
Just have to remember.. two years ago beating East Wake High School would not been automatic.
best situation we could have ever hoped to be in, given the way things turned out. I'll always remember that misery fondly.

Yep, there were legitimate questions regarding both starting lines, yet alone depth. We’re in a pretty good place right now, and should a few of the stars return, should be very prolific on offense again next year. Regardless, the future is very bright.

I'm slowly being convinced UNC has made fielding a successful football program a priority. I like that.
Very slowly, for me.

I think Mack Brown can. and will, still recruit. He doesn't have to go anywhere else, now. Originally, I saw that as a handicap. He's proven himself and he has the accolades. Now, he's enjoying it more. He's not going to be tempted by bigger football brand schools. I hope it continues in the direction it's going.

I'm slowly being convinced UNC has made fielding a successful football program a priority. I like that.

Best class in history (on paper) coming in on top of being set at the QB position for the next 4 years. Going to be a really really fun next 4 years with this 2021 class coming in.

Best class in history (on paper) coming in on top of being set at the QB position for the next 4 years. Going to be a really really fun next 4 years with this 2021 class coming in.
5* star QB's aren't a guarantee of success. So we're set at QB for at least next yr and that's about as far as QB talk should go. I don't care how good he looks in HS or what kinda jumper his brother hits vs Kentucky, there are plenty of 5* QB "misses". (i hate the word flop, cause it is the recruiting guru's fault, not the kid's fault)

Super exciting and plenty of room for hope though.

5* star QB's aren't a guarantee of success. So we're set at QB for at least next yr and that's about as far as QB talk should go. I don't care how good he looks in HS or what kinda jumper his brother hits vs Kentucky, there are plenty of 5* QB "misses". (i hate the word flop, cause it is the recruiting guru's fault, not the kid's fault)

Super exciting and plenty of room for hope though.

Write it down and bookmark it. Maye will be one of the best QB's in the country by the time his UNC career is done. Kid just has the it factor. Again, this 2021 class is going to be the class that moves UNC to the next level.

Exactly, he does have the IT Factor! I've seen all of his HS games, kid is spectacular and much more athletic than most recruiting "guru's" give him credit for. Also watched most of his basketball games and that's where you're able to better gage his athleticism, not afraid to mix it up, quick twitch leaping ability, ball handling, VISION on the court is unmatched leading to passes which are not made by many PG's. He was the 2nd leading rebounder in the State last year in 4AA

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
Exactly, he does have the IT Factor! I've seen all of his HS games, kid is spectacular and much more athletic than most recruiting "guru's" give him credit for. Also watched most of his basketball games and that's where you're able to better gage his athleticism, not afraid to mix it up, quick twitch leaping ability, ball handling, VISION on the court is unmatched leading to passes which are not made by many PG's. He was the 2nd leading rebounder in the State last year in 4AA

Kid is just a baller. He'll have a ton of weapons around him which will make him even more dangerous.

Reactions: CURRY2WOODYR80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT