ADVERTISEMENT

Brant Lawless-Sherill enters transfer portal

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Supposedly, he had a good spring, but then we have heard nothing from this fall. Now he is leaving, when PT on the DL is wide open for next year.

Supposedly, he had a good spring, but then we have heard nothing from this fall. Now he is leaving, when PT on the DL is wide open for next year.

Good lord. He must not like the possibility of lots of playing time next year or afraid of competition.

Impossible to know what’s going on behind closed doors. Could be an attitude issue. If that’s the case then staff could have decided to just run him off to make sure it doesn’t spread to other players. Best way to do that is to bench him and make it clear he wasn’t going to play in Carolina blue

Good lord. He must not like the possibility of lots of playing time next year or afraid of competition.

Impossible to know what’s going on behind closed doors. Could be an attitude issue. If that’s the case then staff could have decided to just run him off to make sure it doesn’t spread to other players. Best way to do that is to bench him and make it clear he wasn’t going to play in Carolina blue
I would bet one of these two scenarios is correct. Whether you don't feel you can break into the playing rotation soon enough, whether you have attitude problems, or you're merely homesick, good luck to you. There is no doubt there is ample PT available next year. Methinks he's afraid of the competition.

I would bet one of these two scenarios is correct. Whether you don't feel you can break into the playing rotation soon enough, whether you have attitude problems, or you're merely homesick, good luck to you. There is no doubt there is ample PT available next year. Methinks he's afraid of the competition.
None of the above, jmo

I wish the kid the beat of luck and I hope that he finds a school and gets his degree. But, I’m not going to lose a minute of sleep over a kid transferring who many questioned if he was even on the team this year, let alone contributing.

Some guys just no longer have the fire for football. I think that is true of Jake Lawler, and the reason he is going to be honored this weekend for graduating early. He is not returning.

Some guys may be homesick and want to play only if they are close to home - perhaps Lawless-Sherrill wants to play for Vandy or Middle Tennessee.

Some guys just no longer have the fire for football. I think that is true of Jake Lawler, and the reason he is going to be honored this weekend for graduating early. He is not returning.

Some guys may be homesick and want to play only if they are close to home - perhaps Lawless-Sherrill wants to play for Vandy or Middle Tennessee.

Wasn’t aware that lawler is leaving seems like he just got here.

I thought Lawler was going to be a very good college player too. Best of luck to him. He’s obviously been focused on his studies, so good for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT