ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Hess

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
It seems that Hess has been able to help players lose fat and replace fat with muscle, thereby becoming stronger and quicker while gaining stamina and flexibility.

I think that should result in fewer injuries.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
I like what I’ve read about this guy and his approach to strength and conditioning. He said it wasn’t just about getting stronger, but also about improving balance and agility so that the strength could better be applied. Interesting guy.

And word is now coming out from players that they see the major differences between S&C now and in the former staff. Hess's workouts are position specific.

Crawford on the difference: "Last year I felt like we were in shape to run long distances and that was good and all, but that is not what the line does in respect to the game .... Right now I feel like we are ready to go and be explosive between the hashes and even beyond that."

that is GREAT news!
Yes it is.

These guys are seeing that this new conditioning regimen is cutting their body fat and adding some muscle and giving them more stamina to use as needed to play their specific positions.

They should both help us be fresher at the close of games and cut down on injuries.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT