ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks, Kessler and Bacot the key players in beating the Cuse

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Because of the way the Orangemen play their zone there is a big hole in the paint so whoever is playing center will have lots of opportunities to shoot close in jumpers.

Brooks has really had a field day against the Cuse in the past because of his soft jumper and this season Bacot has been hitting 15 footers and Kessler in the last 4 games has seen his close up jumper also fall so there are three options right there to exploit the obvious hole in the zone.

Because of the way the Orangemen play their zone there is a big hole in the paint so whoever is playing center will have lots of opportunities to shoot close in jumpers.

Brooks has really had a field day against the Cuse in the past because of his soft jumper and this season Bacot has been hitting 15 footers and Kessler in the last 4 games has seen his close up jumper also fall so there are three options right there to exploit the obvious hole in the zone.
The key is always executing our Zone Offense and maintaining spacing (so hopefully the CL/RJ combo won't see the floor tonight), but yes, they are uncharacteristically vulnerable inside and behind the Zone. GaTech's one Big (Wright) absolutely wore them out Saturday. If they adjust to overplay our mid-paint entries in our continuity, then the short corners should be vulnerable.

Came across something today that I have not noticed in the past. Scanning Yahoo Sports and saw "one link" with 9 separate news clips about Kessler...

The baby giant has struck a note...

Reactions: gary-7
I couldn’t believe it - (actually I could) how often Brooks would catch at the FT line in the zone and not even look to score.

Then when Cuse packed in the zone we’d still try to pass it inside -passing it directly to Syracuse or our bigs weakly not catching or giving up the ball. Such a soft and dumb effort overall.

I hated the look and mood of this team for about 85 % of the game. Like it is torture to be put there for many guys. Like they don’t want to be out there. Don’t dare expect them to work hard.

What unacceptable BS!

How many crucial rebounds in the 2nd half did our bigs just flat out drop or give away ? It was like they just all disappeared at once for stretches in this game against a team that they should totally have a field day with.
Yes obviously the shooting and guard play sucked but even with that of the front line just played solid Unc wins comfortably.

just bizarre to watch such a talent/personnel advantage be totally squandered.

UNC should always be the aggressor inside with their size. But they aren't. Sharpe has shown flashes from time to time, but UNC just doesn't have the toughness factor inside one would expect. Now Kessler is young, skinny and weak. I can see it with him. But Brooks, Bacot, and Sharpe should be animals in the paint. But the majority of the time they aren't. Frustrating

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT