ADVERTISEMENT

Butter not being retained

He only played two years here and his NBA career was less than stellar and only lasted like four years.

What is Brandon Robinson’s compensation as a graduate assistant? What did Marshall’s father say about the Robinson hiring?

I just loved Butter’s game. I thought he would have been a great asset for our PG’s. He was a Bob Cousy award winner. Since we are known for our PG’s I thought it was advantageous that he was on staff. I still say if he doesn’t go down vs. Creighton in 2012 we would have another ring. Of course it is what it is. I still would like to know the story.

There seems to be more to the departure of Butter than we’re privy to At this point. From a coaching standpoint, I loved having a former PG on the staff. But again, I’m not in the know re: Butter’s relationship with the staff/players. I’d still like to see Phil Ford on our staff but it might be a little too intimidating for Hubert to see that.

Reactions: Heels5150
We already have a point guard on the staff and one with extensive coaching experience.
As has been said, there is a lot we don't know about what transpired last season but Coach Davis knows and he's picking the staff accordingly. There is a lot of potential among the Carolina Family members and unfortunately not enough seats on the bench for them all.

Kendall Marshall is a top 5 College PG. Had to go for the money, but Kendall was around because he knew what Roy wanted out of his PG position.

Side note- Met a current players father today and Hubert is going to be dynamic.

Hubert has different ideas about PG position. Marshall is going to become a legend at some school for coaching (Mark it down), but I would put him at a private High School. Lake Norman prep and feed us like Oak Hill did for years.

Kendall Marshall is a top 5 College PG. Had to go for the money, but Kendall was around because he knew what Roy wanted out of his PG position.

Side note- Meet a current players father today and Hubert is going to be dynamic.

Hubert has different ideas about PG position. Marshall is going to become a legend at some school for coaching (Mark it down), but I would put him at a private High School. Lake Norman prep and feed us like Oak Hill did for years.

Almost forgot Kendall dishes out over 1000 assist if he stayed Senior year.

Excellent play on the court, and coaching ability have absolutely nothing in common. In fact most of your better coaches weren't high level players. We all appreciated Kendall for what he could do in the court, but none of us has a clue as to what kind of attitude he had off the court and if he related well in a coaching environment. It's Huberts program. I don't think he would intentionally harm himself by running off a future coaching superstar.

Excellent play on the court, and coaching ability have absolutely nothing in common. In fact most of your better coaches weren't high level players. We all appreciated Kendall for what he could do in the court, but none of us has a clue as to what kind of attitude he had off the court and if he related well in a coaching environment. It's Huberts program. I don't think he would intentionally harm himself by running off a future coaching superstar.
Again, we’re not privy to the dynamics of the program. It’s Hubert’s program now.

Reactions: Heels5150
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT