ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs. FSU gamethread

uncboy10

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2008
Finally we get a prime time slot. Kickoff at 7:30 pm on ABC.

Fingers crossed for storm trooper combo.

TAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s about time we have a prime time slot. The VT game should have been, but I understand Clemson/Miami being marquee that day. FSU has nothing but a name at this point though... they are not a good team.

Over the last 5 years we are 6-7 on “Primetime” games(I used anything with a 6:00 start or later)... We need to win a few big games or keep up the recruiting then I can see getting more night games in years to come

It’s about time we have a prime time slot. The VT game should have been, but I understand Clemson/Miami being marquee that day. FSU has nothing but a name at this point though... they are not a good team.

Hopefully we get off to another fast start because the biggest regular season game of the year kicks off 30 minutes after we do. Probably would’ve gotten more viewers with a 330 kickoff this week.

Just think, but for FSU coaching carousel problems a couple of years ago we are lining up go against Howell.

Just think, but for FSU coaching carousel problems a couple of years ago we are lining up go against Howell.
I know, it's crazy. Thank goodness Mack got in touch with him as soon as he arrived in Chapel Hill, and things were uncertain enough in Tallahassee that Howell decide to commit to us.

FSU has too much talent to be as bad as they've been for the past few years, ditto for Miami. I still think Norvell is a good coach. That program needs a culture change, they've forgotten how to win after being very good under Fisher a few years ago and winning the title in 2013.

We just need to focus on us, not only in execution but holding penalties down to none should be the focus. Play our game and take what the defense is giving us. I admire our team thus far in takeaways and am hoping for continued success in taking care of the football! Road wins in the ACC is what separate the good from the great. I am hoping we play great on Saturday night! Go Tar Heels!!!!!!

Reactions: Archer2
Run the ball and set up the play action.

Ga Tech had 160 yards on the ground and over 438 total against FSU

Miami had 200 on the ground and over 500 total yards against FSU

ND had 350 on the ground and over 550 yards against FSU

On D, we've got to wrap and get off the field on 3rd down.

Run the ball and set up the play action.

Ga Tech had 160 yards on the ground and over 438 total against FSU

Miami had 200 on the ground and over 500 total yards against FSU

ND had 350 on the ground and over 550 yards against FSU

On D, we've got to wrap and get off the field on 3rd down.
That about sums it up. I would add win the TO battle.

Can’t believe we’re 14 point favorites at FSU. And I might just take GT and the 27.5 points. Louisville and 17 is tempting too.

Saturday, October 17

No. 1 Clemson (-27.5) at Georgia Tech (Noon, ABC)

No. 8 Cincinnati (-3.5) at Tulsa (Noon, ESPN2)

Pittsburgh at No. 13 Miami (-13.5) (Noon, ACC Network)

No. 14 Auburn (-3.5) at South Carolina (Noon, ESPN)

Louisville at No. 4 Notre Dame (-17) (2:30 p.m., NBC)

No. 11 Texas A&M (-6.5) at Mississippi State (4 p.m., ESPN)

No. 5 North Carolina (-14) at Florida State (7 p.m., ESPN)

No. 3 Georgia at No. 2 Alabama (-4) (8 p.m., CBS)

Boston College at No. 23 Virginia Tech (-12) (8 p.m., ACC Network)

Can’t believe we’re 14 point favorites at FSU. And I might just take GT and the 27.5 points. Louisville and 17 is tempting too.

Saturday, October 17

No. 1 Clemson (-27.5) at Georgia Tech (Noon, ABC)

No. 8 Cincinnati (-3.5) at Tulsa (Noon, ESPN2)

Pittsburgh at No. 13 Miami (-13.5) (Noon, ACC Network)

No. 14 Auburn (-3.5) at South Carolina (Noon, ESPN)

Louisville at No. 4 Notre Dame (-17) (2:30 p.m., NBC)

No. 11 Texas A&M (-6.5) at Mississippi State (4 p.m., ESPN)

No. 5 North Carolina (-14) at Florida State (7 p.m., ESPN)

No. 3 Georgia at No. 2 Alabama (-4) (8 p.m., CBS)

Boston College at No. 23 Virginia Tech (-12) (8 p.m., ACC Network)

Our game is at 7:30 instead of 7 and will be on ABC.

Reactions: Archer2
TAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Kenan_Stadium_duke_2031.jpg

Reactions: tarheel0910
That's what makes them dangerous. They have talent, and every player and coach knows it. At some point, it should come together for a nice win.

Blocked punt after 5 offensive plays and FSU on the 23 and on the first play FSU on a QB draw scores and it is already 7-0 for the home team

ADVERTISEMENT