ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Mercer GAMETHREAD

uncboy10

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2008
Should be a fun one to watch today. I’m thinking we could see five or six TD’s from Sam today.

TARRRRRRRRRRR

I’m glad that we are playing Mercer in Sam’s first real rain game. It’ll be interesting to see how he throws and handles a wet ball.

Is anyone watching on ACCN extra? Can’t find a working stream

Everybody needs to play today, early and often. Rest the starters, if only to avoid a Tua-like injury.

Freshman who are redshirting can play today.

It is amazing that Mercer could no nothing until a very stupid running into the punter by Emory Simmons. And Mercer looks like a scary offense able to march down the field almost at will.

I know it’s been emphasized over and over but I really just can’t give enough kudos to Surratt. When they announced he was moving to LB I thought he would disappear into the depth chart and never play another meaningful snap as a Tar Heel. Here we are 11 games into the season and he’s the most important part of our defense and looking to anchor the defense again next year. That’s a guy you’d want to be a role model for your kids when things don’t go the way you hope they do.

Sam to Dyami.

21-0 Tar Heels

Play everybody - as Ruder is not dressed, that means play a true frosh walk on QB.

I hope Sam gets his 2nd pass TD before he comes out. Like to keep that 2 TD a game streak going.

Good play by duck (hometown boy) but will be ok if he didn’t catch it
It would have better right then for him to bat it down, but his effort to secure the INT will pay off down the line when he needs to get the INT.

Antonio tried to juke too much - he should have plowed straight ahead to try to score.

Sam TD pass #31 for the season - how owns the record.

SR Bargas with the TD catch.

28-0 Tar Heels

play everybody.

Part of building a program is looking the part against inferior teams. It’s nice to see the heels look the part today. Needing to pull the starters around halftime is a good feeling.

If they do go on 4th and fail. we need to send in Amendola. We would have the ball across midfield. Let him hand off 3 times before you even think about a pass.

ADVERTISEMENT