ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Notre Dame gamethread

uncboy10

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2008
Lets hope the offense shows up ready for a shootout

TAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sounds like we'll get our 2 best CB's back on the field so that will help. Haven't had them on the same field together since week 2.
Can’t hurt.

On paper, the defensive stats all heavily favor the Irish(national ranking). We’ll need to play well in all three phases to win.

RYA/G:
ND (4), 86.1
UNC (56), 151.9

PYA/G:
ND (42), 201.4
UNC (84), 239.5

TYA/G:
ND (12), 287.5
UNC (60), 391.4

PA/G:
ND (11), 16.6
UNC (74), 30.8

I'm sure they have plenty of talented depth. I'd prefer both teams be at full strength, but they might wear down a bit? But in the end, it all comes down to our D playing their best game of the season for the Heels to have a legit shot.
The two guys filling in are really good. One has 5 career starts already & the other was a top 100 recruit. The question then becomes what if an OL gets hurt during the game? Then they would have to play one of the highly touted, but completely inexperienced kids.
UNC loves to pressure right up the middle, even before the two interior OL were hurt, so I’m guessing they will up the middle pressure.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
We have an excellent chance to beat ND! 48-42, we are a good team, and this is a trap game for ND. At home, weird Friday game. This time of the year is when ND usually starts losing, and I think the #2 ranking is going to there heads.

I told a co-worker we need at least 35!!! Best defense might be a few 10-12 play scoring drives that last 6+ minutes

Reactions: Archer2
Getting close now... the wait through a bye week is never fun. But waiting for a crack at the #2 team in the country just makes it go by even slower.

This might be a good opportunity to surprise the Irish by using the tight ends in the passing game which would make them worry about another offensive threat. Hitting Carter out of the back field so he can use his speed against a linebacker would be a nice weapon to use.

maxresdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT