ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina Vs Syracuse game thread——Tuesday 24 Jan 2023

Holy smokes what a late great grab victory from near certain defeat. Couldn’t happen to a better group of aholes including Jimmy Bo.

This is an important game if they want to make it to the tourney. Loss to a meh team - just can’t have it. Need some wins like this to be on right side of bubble.

Love back to the line as Trimble come in and Dunn. Love puts the nail in the coffin with two free throws. Trimble misses two at the buzzer from the line. Got to give Nance and Love some kudos for their play late..:RJ Davis gets the bloody nose but also gets the play of the game by taking the game saving charge. Also nice assist by Girard on the game winning basket by Nance…

random, but I didn’t realize how similar Tokoto and Trimble’s shooting form is. hopefully Trimble can fix it.

tough win.

I know it’s late in the process but Nances shot getting fixed is more important. No pro has nearly that flat of a shot. I swear regardless of where he shoots from the ball is never 3 feet above the rim.

I know it’s late in the process but Nances shot getting fixed is more important. No pro has nearly that flat of a shot. I swear regardless of where he shoots from the ball is never 3 feet above the rim.

totally agree. Nance had a nice game for us in the high post but my goodness his shot is flat, no arc and it’s terribly hard a lot of the time. if he had any touch, he could have had 30 points tonight it seemed.

totally agree. Nance had a nice game for us in the high post but my goodness his shot is flat, no arc and it’s terribly hard a lot of the time. if he had any touch, he could have had 30 points tonight it seemed.
Against that zone he should have had 30 pretty easy. Like 24 from field and 8 from ft line. Just make like 70% of the 1 to 8 foot wide open shots they gave him almost every possession!

we also have got to get more from Leaky or Hubert needs to give Nickel, Dunn, etc more minutes. continuing to play 35 minutes with only a few points and a few rebounds, meanwhile as it’s been pointed out, he’s not
really locking people up with consistency on the defensive end just can’t be the norm (some say he’s battling some nagging issues).

we also have got to get more from Leaky or Hubert needs to give Nickel, Dunn, etc more minutes. continuing to play 35 minutes with only a few points and a few rebounds, meanwhile as it’s been pointed out, he’s not
really locking people up with consistency on the defensive end just can’t be the norm (some say he’s battling some nagging issues).
Yes for first time in a while I’d have preferred some of Leakys shots go to love or especially rj. I think both could have driven more but then- Heels were getting butchered in the lane with few foul calls so who knows?

I just don’t think a leaky three unless late in the clock and wide open is a good shot. I’d prefer if he’s going to shoot it’s more slashing to the hole.

Against that zone he should have had 30 pretty easy. Like 24 from field and 8 from ft line. Just make like 70% of the 1 to 8 foot wide open shots they gave him almost every possession!
Yeah I don't really think Nance had a great game. 5-15 from two, with several of those total gimmes. Couldn't take advantage from the high post because he's too stiff to drive and not good enough as a shooter. I thought he'd be a lot better this off-season. We should have smoked that defense, they have nobody but Edwards.

The only thing more surprising is Trimble's shot. Woof. Those free throws were ugly.

All that grumpiness aside, huge win and Love had his best game of the season. Great decision making today. If he can turn the corner Nance is the only one left of the starters that is playing below his potential (assuming Leaky's early season threes were an aberration).

Nice road win. It would of been a massive loss if that one slipped away.
Yep, we would've been in real trouble with an L. Another win or two and projections will start showing us up to a 6 seed or so; that's where it starts getting easier to get to the second weekend in the tourney.

Reactions: Archer2
Yeah I don't really think Nance had a great game. 5-15 from two, with several of those total gimmes. Couldn't take advantage from the high post because he's too stiff to drive and not good enough as a shooter. I thought he'd be a lot better this off-season. We should have smoked that defense, they have nobody but Edwards.

The only thing more surprising is Trimble's shot. Woof. Those free throws were ugly.

All that grumpiness aside, huge win and Love had his best game of the season. Great decision making today. If he can turn the corner Nance is the only one left of the starters that is playing below his potential (assuming Leaky's early season threes were an aberration).

agree. if Trimble doesn’t learn to shoot better, he will join a long line of athletic guards who never materialize for us like we’d like simply because they are great athletes
with no consistent ability to knock down a shot. unfortunately at his height, he can’t get away with it as much as a kid thats a bit taller.

agree. if Trimble doesn’t learn to shoot better, he will join a long line of athletic guards who never materialize for us like we’d like simply because they are great athletes
with no consistent ability to knock down a shot. unfortunately at his height, he can’t get away with it as much as a kid thats a bit taller.
yeah, at least hit your dern free throws.

ADVERTISEMENT