ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports predicts

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Iowa St will replace UNC as #1 seed.

That would be done to show the ACC that it is not boss, that the media can name Big 12 bvaskewtball its uoperior at will. The Big 12 played easy as the SEC gifted its football, and the SACC has not been playing easily that way and so must be kicked repeatedly.

Probably would be a good thing for UNC. Show them that you can't take anything for granted.

I haven't compared bodies of work, but maybe getting dropped to a 2 seed would light a fire that would last three weeks.

Probably would be a good thing for UNC. Show them that you can't take anything for granted.

I haven't compared bodies of work, but maybe getting dropped to a 2 seed would light a fire that would last three weeks.
Iowa State is ahead in both the NET and KenPom.

Super close years both are 27 - 7 overall, both are 16 - 7 in combined quad 1 and 2 games. UNC a bit better at 9 - 3 in quad 1 while Iowa State is 10 - 6.

UNC regular season champs over Dook, tourney runner up to NC State. Iowa State regular season runner up and tourney champ to top 3 Houston in each case, in what is universally seen as the tougher conference this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: bIhawk
They should. Our records and rankings were already identical, but a 30 point W against a #1 Seed vs an 8 point loss to a team that wasn't even on the bubble. Embarrassing shit.

That would be done to show the ACC that it is not boss, that the media can name Big 12 bvaskewtball its uoperior at will. The Big 12 played easy as the SEC gifted its football, and the SACC has not been playing easily that way and so must be kicked repeatedly.
If so, it would be done to totally demonstrate what the current state of the SEC stands for in my opinion. UNC finished in first place in the always tough ACC. UNC deserves a one seed bid, probably beginning in Charlotte on Thursday. However, CBS is indeed paying for the NCAA Tournament, in a large way. Therefore, CBS should not be making any predictions about the Tournament at this time. It will not look proper on their behalf if this comes to fruition later today...

Reactions: Heelicious
I will be fine with being a 2 seed…If UNC is rated as the best 2 seed they play in the weakest 1 seed bracket right…Or am I wrong…

If so, it would be done to totally demonstrate what the current state of the SEC stands for in my opinion. UNC finished in first place in the always tough ACC. UNC deserves a one seed bid, probably beginning in Charlotte on Thursday. However, CBS is indeed paying for the NCAA Tournament, in a large way. Therefore, CBS should not be making any predictions about the Tournament at this time. It will not look proper on their behalf if this comes to fruition later today...
Jerry Palm has been doing his predictions/brackets forever for CBS, they always reference it and compare them having him on set to compare as the pairings come out on the selection show. Why would this year be any different?

Really, the only folks that should be worried about seeding spots is those teams on the bubble, the rest should be concerned with beating who ever their opponent is. Every year this time I see our fans and fans of other program complain about where they are seeded, that other team got a great spot but we got screwed. Then they play the tourney and and all the sudden teams come out of the wood works upsetting the higher ranked programs. What I watched yesterday was the projected 4 #1 seeds 3 of them lost and UConn didn't exactly look like world beaters in escaping that same thing.

We should be more concerned with playing well than looking and praying for the "softest" opponent we can face. Look who we have lost to in the ACC this season, GT, Syracuse, NC State, and Clemson (on our floor), we have struggled against the weaker teams, maybe the weaker teams is not who we want to play?

Well, IF that happens, it would mean they are #4 overall and we are #5 overall, which would theoretically put us in the same bracket.
OK, fine, as long as they don't stick us in with UConn, who should now be #1 overall.

I will be fine with being a 2 seed…If UNC is rated as the best 2 seed they play in the weakest 1 seed bracket right…Or am I wrong…
You are right. We’d probably be the 2 in ISU region. Likely out west. But then that ships az as a 2 somewhere away from the west.

Well, IF that happens, it would mean they are #4 overall and we are #5 overall, which would theoretically put us in the same bracket.
OK, fine, as long as they don't stick us in with UConn, who should now be #1 overall.
The priority/ order I want teams to exit the tournament:
1) dook
T-2) UConn, Kansas, Kentucky

After that I don’t care.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Lunardi says (for what it's worth ) Iowa state's strength of schedule is in the mid 300s and that the committee has never, in 30 years, had a number one seed with that low of a strength of schedule.

He says the number ones were cemented on Friday.

...and Alabama (right after dook) and Houston.
@gary-7 i know you’re an Auburn guy - and props for that. I have a son in law school at Alabama so (sorry) I pull for them in sports.

I don’t like oats though and I don’t like their style of play. I don’t think they have high character kids either.

I saw Bama in a mock bracket as 4 in UNC as 1 region. I don’t want them in Heels bracket. I’m sure we’d get one of their insane 100 point shooting performances. If Heels do play Alabama, I’d want Heels to win by 30.

Reactions: gary-7
Any bracket that has us as a 2 wants to stick us with UConn and I absolutely do not get it. Why would we be penalized for being located ‘near’ the highest #1? If they want to give ISU the #1 and put us with them, fine, even though their NET is achieved by gaming the metrics with a trash non conf schedule. They beat Houston badly but I would imagine Houston was pretty unmotivated. Hopefully we get the 1 but if we are #2 w UConn that is BS IMO

@gary-7 i know you’re an Auburn guy - and props for that. I have a son in law school at Alabama so (sorry) I pull for them in sports.

I don’t like oats though and I don’t like their style of play. I don’t think they have high character kids either.

I saw Bama in a mock bracket as 4 in UNC as 1 region. I don’t want them in Heels bracket. I’m sure we’d get one of their insane 100 point shooting performances. If Heels do play Alabama, I’d want Heels to win by 30.
Would take Bama over Kentucky. Similar volatility with more talent. I looked at a site called bracket matrix and it had a sample of 92 ‘bracketologies’ - we were a 1 in like 84 of them

Any bracket that has us as a 2 wants to stick us with UConn and I absolutely do not get it. Why would we be penalized for being located ‘near’ the highest #1? If they want to give ISU the #1 and put us with them, fine, even though their NET is achieved by gaming the metrics with a trash non conf schedule. They beat Houston badly but I would imagine Houston was pretty unmotivated. Hopefully we get the 1 but if we are #2 w UConn that is BS IMO
No way are we going to be stacked with UConn. We will most likely be 4th overall 1 seed and play somewhere with ISU. I’m hearing west but since UConn will for sure now be overall #1 and Houston doesn’t get to choose their region - they might go West and we could be in south with ISU. Regardless we will be with ISU / UNC as 4/5 overall somewhere. Even if we slip to 5 overall NO WAY would the committee put 1 and 5
seeds in same region. They strictly follow the s curve all the way thru all seeds if they can. but strictly for top 16 teams anyway.

Plus - new media darling and whiny btch Hurley - can you imagine how insufferable he’d be if he got the 5 seed in his region as the overall #1? It just doesn’t work that way.

No way are we going to be stacked with UConn. We will most likely be 4th overall 1 seed and play somewhere with ISU. I’m hearing west but since UConn will for sure now be overall #1 and Houston doesn’t get to choose their region - they might go West and we could be in south with ISU. Regardless we will be with ISU / UNC as 4/5 overall somewhere. Even if we slip to 5 overall NO WAY would the committee put 1 and 5 seeds in same region. They strictly follow the s curve all the way thru all seeds if they can. but strictly for top 16 teams anyway.
This is what would make sense. Would be just as unfair to ISU if they were a 2 and got paired with UConn. They are the best team one would think.

Just spitballin' here: East - Uconn/Tennesee, South - Houston /UNC, Midwest - Purdue/Marquette, West - Iowa State/ Arizona.

UNC and Arizona flipping West and South? These are if UNC gets a 2 seed.

Last edited:
Just spitballin' here: East - Uconn/Tennesee, South - Houston /UNC, Midwest - Purdue/Marquette, West - Iowa State/ Arizona.

UNC and Arizona flipping West and South? These are if UNC gets a 2 seed.
Mine:
East: 1 UConn 8 Marquette
West: 4 UNC 5 ISU
Midwest: 3 Purdue 6 Tennessee
South: 2 Houston 7 Arizona.

Reactions: CrazyHeel
Have you been paying attention to the old of CFB, in which ESOPN/Disney and Fox and the SECand BT have been showing they own the sport and control its post-season.

I would rather we play Uconn more than Houston and Pudue may be a harder test for us than UConn. UConn is vanilla but they are really great vanilla. As solid as Klingman is for UConn Edny is a nasty match up for us, with out him Purdue is average at best but with him they are a load, Bacot struggles against Edny. I think Houston is the team to beat in Phoenix, I do not expect Purdue to end up in the final 4.

I would rather we play Uconn more than Houston and Pudue may be a harder test for us than UConn. UConn is vanilla but they are really great vanilla. As solid as Klingman is for UConn Edny is a nasty match up for us, with out him Purdue is average at best but with him they are a load, Bacot struggles against Edny. I think Houston is the team to beat in Phoenix, I do not expect Purdue to end up in the final 4.
Just the opposite IMO. I have no fear of Houston.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Idk....UConn beat us already

I wouldn’t be surprised if Iowa state jumps us or I still say an outside chance dook may sneak in for the last #1 spot

So when do opt outs start affecting march madness? Just saying you know how some of these players think. Less likely but still never know.

If they played 3 times they should be on opposite side of the brackets, and should only pay again in the final game....should....
I thought that was a rule though. Not same conference as a 1 and 2 for same region?

Wow. Auburn got SCREWED in this one. Should've been a 3 seed and then get put in UConn's pod?
With that said, if I'm coaching a team in the tourney, Auburn is the last bunch I'd want to run up against --- legit 10 deep and only one of their wins was by less than double digits.

Wow. Auburn got SCREWED in this one. Should've been a 3 seed and then get put in UConn's pod?
With that said, if I'm coaching a team in the tourney, Auburn is the last bunch I'd want to run up against --- legit 10 deep and only one of their wins was by less than double digits.
They are my pick out of the east.

If Iowa St had played all their games at home they would be a terror. In fortunately even like dook they occasionally have Togo on the road where they are 500

Reactions: gary-7
Just the opposite IMO. I have no fear of Houston.
Yeah, I get it, thing for me is we have played UConn this season, we know them some and at the time we played we were not nearly the team we have been of late, last night of course being an anomaly! LOL Their PG is a size mis-match for us and Klingman is very solid, I just am not sold they are a great team, they are really good.

Not saying Houston is great either but from what I see they play very consistent great defense as a team. WE are up and down defensively, offensively as well. I see Houston as kryptonite for us and said this very thing way over a month ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT