ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Williams does it again!

FranktheHeel

All-ACC
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2017
If this right here doesn’t sum up who Coach Williams is, I don’t know what does. That’s the man he is and that’s what made him so special. Just so friggin thankful for him and so sad that he won’t be going up and down those sidelines again. Truly one of a kind.

From the article:
On the day Roy Williams created seismic news by retiring as one of college basketball’s titans, Coby White spoke to his North Carolina coach.

But in a telling sign of the loyalty Williams bred with his players -- current and former -- Williams called White.

“What’s crazy is he called me because he didn’t see me in the (Bulls') box score, so he was making sure that I was OK,” White said via Zoom from Salt Lake City in advance of Friday’s Bulls-Jazz matchup. “He didn’t even call to talk about everything that had happened. He called to see what was wrong with me.”

Some haters don't believe it, but Roy is truly genuine in his concern and love for his guys.
Of course he does, which is another way it ought to be easy to grasp that not merely Rashad McCants but also Tywon Lawson are spoiled brat punks.

Reactions: HeelzLover
Of course he does, which is another way it ought to be easy to grasp that not merely Rashad McCants but also Tywon Lawson are spoiled brat punks.

Lawson actually had good things to say

“R dub (you’re) the goat...when I get back from China I’m coming to see u….u made sooo many things possible for me….love u,” Lawson wrote on his story.

Rashad is a mental case. Probably a tribute to Roy's people skills that he kept Rashad balanced enough to contribute on the floor when he was in Chapel Hill. Am sure Rashad thought he would have a long NBA career and would be a star. When that didn't happen he obviously felt the need to lash out at somebody to lay blame. That was the University of North Carolina and Roy. And the sad thing is that if he showed up at Roy's house this afternoon to apologize that Roy would probably hug him and ask what he could do for him.

Roy is a 1 in a million person and coach! Many can't fathom how he can be so genuine and try to find fault, but the truth is.....he is actually a better person than he portrays on TV.

I met he and DES at a book signing of one of DES' books with a friend one time. My friend is around 6'5" and I'm 6'3". Roy remarked that we could have helped the Heels if we weren't so old, LOL! Years later, I went to a signing of Roy's book and he remembered me enough to ask about my tall friend! AMAZING!

The UNC Family is so blessed to have had Roy at the helm!

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT