ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Carousel 2022

Purdue has replaced Jeff Brohm, who went home to Louisville, with Illinois DC Ryan Walters. Walters was part of the very good staff that Justin Fuente had at Memphis, and he left for Missouri when Memphis DC Barry Odom got the HC job at his alma mater. Walters oversaw a very good rise in the Illini D for HC Bielema.

Congrats to Switz on his new position as WR's coach for Tulsa! My daughter loved watching him play and wanted a jersey with his #3 on it and was so shy when she met him.

12998766_10153957839555491_2537175070988906251_n.jpg

Cross isn't going anywhere. He was out recruiting a Havelock kid from the 2026 class today.
It's now being reported that Cross is indeed not getting fired, as I said 2 days ago. He was out recruiting a DL kid in the 2026 class during the weekend, and it was then relayed to me that Cross wasn't going anywhere. Same DC, co/DC/DB's coach, DL coach for 2023.

• Sad
Reactions: Archer2
It's now being reported that Cross is indeed not getting fired, as I said 2 days ago. He was out recruiting a DL kid in the 2026 class during the weekend, and it was then relayed to me that Cross wasn't going anywhere. Same DC, co/DC/DB's coach, DL coach for 2023.
Wish they could have found a different role for him like they tried to do with Bly, but I'm not surprised. Not going to expect much from the defense with him there, but there could be enough improvement on the back end to cover up for the DL.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
You know his response is going to be about UNC and not about him being wrong.
Wrong about what? I never asserted that he was going to be the best OC in the ACC or the best coach on the Miami staff. I said only that it was a good hire based on his resume. That was a nearly universal assertion by sportswriters when he was hired. I wasn't being original, just stating what was obvious. If you think all the sportswriters were wrong, then I'd like to see your case for why. What in his background suggests that he would be a failure - not even mediocre but a failure - at Miami?

And, yes, the important takeaway from this story is that while Mack keeps his lousy BFF assistants as long as possible, Cristobal means business with his assistants. If they fail, they will get fired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT