ADVERTISEMENT

Coastal Carolina at UNC

Hovis on to pitch in relief of Zach Rice.

Coastal gets a walk and a sac bunt to advance the runner. A strikeout is out #2. Coastal with a base hit but Bolt throws the runner out at home! What a play!

Heels still lead 2-1 at the stretch.

Beg your pardon, that was Russell with the hit. Nothing doing, though, as a Myers grounder leads to the force out at 2nd base.

We head to the 8th with UNC clinging to a 2-1 lead.

Hovis strikes one out, but a walk and stolen base put a Coastal runner in scoring position.

Base hit puts runners on the corners with only 1 out. Heels in trouble.

The squeeze is on...perfectly laid down the 1st base line. Runner scores, other runner advances to 2nd, 2 outs, but the score is tied at 2.

UNC walks the first batter. Despite only giving up 4 hits so far, the Heels have now walked the lead-off man in the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th inning. In case you're wondering how they keep finding ways to lose games....

Two fouled bunt attempts for the Chanticleers. Two foul balls. And then he strikes out looking! Whew. Big one there.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
Oh, hey sc. Another nail-biter!

Trayner ends the inning with a shallow fly out to center. Big relief. Let's see what the UNC bats can do.
these nail biters seems to be the ways of the Heels

RH off topic. I posted on the OTTB forum a question for my daughter's homework if you have any suggestions please feel free to post there too.

Lassiter drops an easy pop up in foul territory. And then....

Hit and run executed perfectly for Coastal. Runners on the corners, 1 out.

I'm not sure I can continue watching UNC baseball this season!

one run in didn't sound like he was safe either but either way a run. once again the fundamentals bite us in the butt (LL dropping the pop up) and leads to that run

Hard bunt to the pitcher, throw to the plate, and the runner is called safe despite looking like he never touched the plate. NO REPLAY available on GoHeelsTV but I'm almost positive he was out.

Coastal takes the lead 3-2 with 1 out.

Fly out to RF for #2.

I couldn't see the play.....having to listen to the audio. I am too cheap to pay for the video but from where I am sitting he was out
wink.r191677.gif

Payoff pitch and got him looking. That avoids an even bigger disaster, but UNC is now looking at a 1-run deficit on a night they've only been able to muster 9 hits in 10 innings.

not very confident in the Heels ability to come back just haven't seen much of that all season

Strikeout, ground out, and a backwards K ends the game in the 11th.

The Heels lose another extra-inning heartbreaker 3-2 to Coastal Carolina.
sick0011.r191677.gif

!#$%^&

Wake Forest is a good club and the Heels have their work cut out for them this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT