ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Anthony

Some tidbits from Facebook.

Cole Anthony will announce April 6th.

Rayjon Tucker cancelled his Nevada visit after an offer from Roy Williams and called the offer a blessing.

We also offered a kid named Utomi from Akron with Steve Robinson leading the charge with phone calls regarding him.

Take it as you wish. Supposedly good intel tho.

Reaching out to and offering are two different things. I don't believe we will offer these kids until meeting them after the NCAAs.

Rayjon Tucker cancelled his Nevada visit after an offer from Roy Williams and called the offer a blessing.

We also offered a kid named Utomi from Akron with Steve Robinson leading the charge with phone calls regarding him.

Correct on all 3 statements. Although, I don't think the Nevada visit was ever set or confirmed. It will be interesting on Utomi as he is being inundated with offers. Tucker is a distant relative of Leaky Black ( just saying ), could be a plus, don't know for sure. Cole to announce sometime during the last game of the Geico Tournament.

If it means anything, Tucker follows Luke, Theo and McInnis on twitter.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS

Those are 2 and Justin pierce whenever our season ends

Look at it this way folks. As Heel fans we want the team to be competitive every year and make the Dance. Can you imagine how active this board would be if we were as bad as UCLA and Indiana--two traditional basketball giants that have hit hard times? Roy will put a good team on the floor next season.

This. A top 10 of Anthony-Woods-Robinson-Platek-Achiuwa-Tucker-Black-Brooks-Bacot-Manley would be as - or more - talented than 98 percent of the teams next year. Add to that mix the best coach in the country and that team is yet another FF contender. Three of those parts are not set in stone, but give me that roster right now and let Roy go to work.

On a broader note, Roy has become a different animal in the twilight of his career. He really learned a lot in the 5 years following the Kendall Marshall team, culminating in the championship in ‘17. The negative recruiting from the scandal nonsense, coupled with the money laundering schemes going on around him, made him a better coach. He was already one of the best, but those recruiting shortcomings drove him to a level of excellence that I don’t think even he thought was possible.

Now that recruiting is starting to right itself, I truly believe Roy will have his teams contending for a championship every year until he hangs up the whistle. And that will not happen by simply rolling the ball out, but by being the best the game has to offer.

Enjoy it. Go Heels.

Last edited:

Keep in mind that there are outstanding offers out there for Hurt and Precious. There is a pecking order. Roy is not going to be left hanging, that's for sure.

Word is Cole is now announcing April 20th at the Jordan Brand classic. Both him and Hurt will be announcing that day.

Word is Cole is now announcing April 20th at the Jordan Brand classic. Both him and Hurt will be announcing that day.
Rivals sure did find it interesting when they heard both were announcing on the same day... Still don’t see both coming but Bacot sure seems to think he knows something

I will be absolutely SHOCKED, meaning more so than even when Brandan Wright or Harrison Barnes popped for us, if Hurt decided to announce for us. I think it was going to be kansas before the heat that Self is now under, looks like the door is wide open for duke at this point.

To put this as gently as I can he is not my choice as a great fit for what we are going to need more from a chemistry aspect more than a talent aspect.

I also wonder, if Kansas/the NCAA/FBI bring the fury down on Self and by proxy Kansas, how solid will their current commits remain, will Green begin to have second thoughts... Stay tuned on that front cause it could get interesting. It could end up to late even if Green did not stay with his zona mistake because I think things will ramp up quickly for the Tucker kid once this season is over, hopefully that is several days from now!

Rivals sure did find it interesting when they heard both were announcing on the same day... Still don’t see both coming but Bacot sure seems to think he knows something

Bacot seems sold that we get both Cole and Precious, hope he is right, seems like he well may be right.

Don't have the know-how or time to go back and check threads, but does anyone recall if Bacot ever definitively said green or JRE were coming to UNC?

If he did, I think we can chalk up the Hurt and Precious talk as eternal opptimism. If he didn't, he may be on to something good

Reactions: gauchoheel
Watching Oregon screw up last night got me to thinking WHY Cole would want to play with this bunch???? Terrible bball IQ, poor shot selection, undisciplined at crunch time ,mistake after mistake in critical situations and he wants to be apart of THIS?? I know lots of other factors involved but man that program is light years away from contending for a Natty.

If Cole chooses UNC he is another part of a blueblood program, playing in the ACC and battling dook and uk. If he chooses Oregon he is likely the ONLY college basketball story west of the Mississippi all year. Even when Olsen had Az among the big dogs we really only heard/saw them when they travelled east or it was tourny time.

I think he chooses UNC be cause it puts him a marquee program with ample TV exposure. He can be "the guy" but he will not be the only guy on the team.

Reactions: Archer2
Don't have the know-how or time to go back and check threads, but does anyone recall if Bacot ever definitively said green or JRE were coming to UNC?

If he did, I think we can chalk up the Hurt and Precious talk as eternal opptimism. If he didn't, he may be on to something good
He never said definetively; he did say he would be on them like white on rice til they were in that carolina blue

Reactions: TheGLOV
If Cole chooses UNC he is another part of a blueblood program, playing in the ACC and battling dook and uk. If he chooses Oregon he is likely the ONLY college basketball story west of the Mississippi all year. Even when Olsen had Az among the big dogs we really only heard/saw them when they travelled east or it was tourny time.

I think he chooses UNC be cause it puts him a marquee program with ample TV exposure. He can be "the guy" but he will not be the only guy on the team.

.plus, WHEN he comes to UNC , he wont have to worry about seeing or hearing Bill Walton drone on and on about the "Conference of Champions" while planning evasive action for the inevitable balls of spit flying from his man pleaser.

Reactions: gauchoheel
He has also stated he wants to be able to play for a Natty...... ah Oregon isn't gonna sniff that
Oregon is a contender. They were in the Final Four 2 years ago losing to us after 2 missed free throw rebounds, without a star player Boucher with a late season injury. They had a sub par regular season after losing a star in Bol Bol, but were clicking and had every chance to beat Virginia yesterday to go to the elite 8 to face Purdue for another final four trip.

I think UNC is the choice and I hope so. Our year in year out contender status, and Roy's resume speaks for itself. Plenty of reasons for UNC, even if I wasn't biased as a UNC fan, to objectively see why a kid would choose Chapel Hill and this program. I just think a kid like Cole certainly would think Oregon gives him a chance to compete for a natty too.

Jay will said precious to UNC as well. I think it has legs. As another poster mentioned, probably hinges on Nas

Our string of so called bad luck started with Kenny Anderson and his "another horse in Deans' stable!" Or something like that!
Kenny Anderson hurt me. We did fine with who we got, but Kenny Anderson was one of my favorite to watch, and would of been the quintessential UNC point man. Seemed like a lock too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT