ADVERTISEMENT

College vs Pro

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
I notice that #4 Shaedon Sharpe plans to announce on Tuesday. We didn't offer. No ACC team offered. So this isn't really a concern for us. But there's something else going on here.

Kentucky is getting all the CB projections, but also listed as "warm" is Professional.

I assume that means the G-League has shown an interest or even made an offer. I suppose it could just mean he's thinking of playing overseas instead of playing for a US school, but this kid is high ranked, so probably has G-League interest if not an outright offer.

So here's the thing.... How much does money matter? With it now being legal to get NIL money, does this mean most of the kids who could be playing in the G-League will be focusing on which schools can get them even more money than the G-League?

And if that's the case, which schools have more NIL money on their side? Will it always be the "usual suspects" (Kentucky, et al.) or will smaller, less well-known, less blue-bloody schools be able to build a competitive set of companies that will underwrite the top picks?

And if that's the case, which schools have more NIL money on their side? Will it always be the "usual suspects" (Kentucky, et al.) or will smaller, less well-known, less blue-bloody schools be able to build a competitive set of companies that will underwrite the top picks?
-Blueblood
-College centric states
-Schools in large markets

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Since we are firmly in the blueblood, college centric state group, I believe NIL helps level the playing field for us! We can now compete with pros like the G and over seas + we can give legit $$$ to rival the dirty schools! As long as we offer something close to the other options, I will trust Hubs, the Family, our beautiful campus, and our history to close the deal most of the time!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT