ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Gaynor returning

Hard to be excited about the return of guys who produced such weak rushing numbers and so little time to throw.
RB’s did a poor job with their vision but they def need to get better protecting Drake. Really excited about the new OL coach.

So Montilus is having wrist surgery, won't be full contact til summer... Seems like his position is ripe for someone to steal his spot. I know continuity is huge, but with a new coach and stuff, is somebody is decent in terms of size, movement, technique and physicality then you'd think Montilus would be second string. If he's the starter i think that says something about player dev.

He seems like a good dude, which is way more important that sports, so i'm not bashing him as a person, just saying he has lots of things to improve to be a good guard.

So Montilus is having wrist surgery, won't be full contact til summer... Seems like his position is ripe for someone to steal his spot. I know continuity is huge, but with a new coach and stuff, is somebody is decent in terms of size, movement, technique and physicality then you'd think Montilus would be second string. If he's the starter i think that says something about player dev.

He seems like a good dude, which is way more important that sports, so i'm not bashing him as a person, just saying he has lots of things to improve to be a good guard.
True. The same 5 started all of last year so we really don't know who can do what at this point. Hopefully some depth gets built going into this year as I'd love to see some fresh new faces on the OL. Sutton/Pounds/Rice etc.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT