ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

If a private business wants to mandate its customers wear a mask, that is their right.
True. Unless non-mask wearing becomes a protected class, that is. Who gets to decide what is and what isn't a protected class anyways? I'm guessing it won't be, as the non-mask wearers seem to be predominantly of the opposite political party of the people that generally come up with the new protected classes.

well, if Dee Snyder says so......

Meanwhile, I'll report for nobody cares that I got the Atrial Fibrillation shocked out of my heart. It took three shocks. I have a new medicine that is supposed to help keep things on track, that initially did extreme obscenities to my lower GI. Seem to be acclimated to it at this point. And the beat goes on, so to speak.

The stuff they sedate you with is weird. You're talking and wide awake and you finally ask 'when are we going to rock and roll with this dealio?' and they chuckle and say, 'dude, it's over, we're just cleaning up.' Absolutely no indication at all of having been out for even a second.

Glad you're doing well, @gteeitup
I had the same thing. They told me they gave me the same sedative stuff that killed prince and Michael Jackson. I had a sudden change of heart and started to say “I think I’ve changed my…..” then woke up an hour later. They had to zap me 3 times as well. Had some nice burns on my chest.

Problem is, you can't eradicate it. I'm not particularly concerned about new variants simply because these vaccines a) will last while and b) by the time there is a strain that can avoid it, the virus will probably not be as deadly as it is now because most of us will have some form of natural immunity to it. Same thing happened with Spanish Flu.
If they had an approved vaccine for children I'd be more inclined to agree.

The chance of b) might be just as unknown as the chance of a variant becoming nasty. Most epidemiologists don't seem overly freaked though.

If they had an approved vaccine for children I'd be more inclined to agree.

The chance of b) might be just as unknown as the chance of a variant becoming nasty. Most epidemiologists don't seem overly freaked though.
Thing is, children are not at risk. Roughly 350 kids have died under the age of 18 and the overwhelming majority of them had underlying conditions. While, any death, especially children, is awful. They die more from the seasonal Flu than covid. They don’t require kids to take flu vaccines. Nor should they. And again, as far as spreading from children to adults. It’s on adults to get the vaccine. It’s readily available. It’s on them. Children do not need to be masked either and hell, how many kids even know how to wear a mask correctly?

Reactions: Heelicious and plm
Thing is, children are not at risk. Roughly 350 kids have died under the age of 18 and the overwhelming majority of them had underlying conditions. While, any death, especially children, is awful. They die more from the seasonal Flu than covid. They don’t require kids to take flu vaccines. Nor should they. And again, as far as spreading from children to adults. It’s on adults to get the vaccine. It’s readily available. It’s on them. Children do not need to be masked either and hell, how many kids even know how to wear a mask correctly?
Acute severity & death-wise it's like flu for kids, but different in terms of long covid. Regular, non-sickly kids can get long covid.

Also variants can mutate via children just as easily as adults.

There are question-marks about everything in life, but if long-covid in kids is a thing (and since Delta is super transmissible ) then people 12+ need to reach for the easy button called the vaccine (or wear a real mask indoors).

Last edited:
I had the same thing. They told me they gave me the same sedative stuff that killed prince and Michael Jackson. I had a sudden change of heart and started to say “I think I’ve changed my…..” then woke up an hour later. They had to zap me 3 times as well. Had some nice burns on my chest.
I have it also. I didn’t even know I had it until I went for a regular checkup and my heart rate was about 180 bpm. The doctor had a nurse drive me to the ER and I stayed in ICU for three days while worked to get it under control with meds. Since then, the meds have kept my heart rate at a steady 75 to 85 bmp. He also put me on a blood thinner, that sucks but he says it cuts my risk for a stroke.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
glad they knocked it out. How long ago was that and can we assume it has not come back at all?

Now I'm curious as to why I had no burns on my chest, maybe they just used less juice on me because I'm not as hard-hearted as you. har har

I have it also. I didn’t even know I had it until I went for a regular checkup and my heart rate was about 180 bpm. The doctor had a nurse drive me to the ER and I stayed in ICU for three days while worked to get it under control with meds. Since then, the meds have kept my heart rate at a steady 75 to 85 bmp. He also put me on a blood thinner, that sucks but he says it cuts my risk for a stroke.

good luck keeping it controlled.

They put me on blood thinner as well, Eliquis twice a day. I also have to take my BP with a special BP device that transmits the result to the doc's office, twice a day. 116/65 is typical with a pulse of 48-70.

They put me on blood thinner as well, Eliquis twice a day. I also have to take my BP with a special BP device that transmits the result to the doc's office, twice a day. 116/65 is typical with a pulse of 48-70.
I think the OOTB message board causes you some heart issues. Maybe tell the doc and get his recommendations

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
I think the OOTB message board causes you some heart issues. Maybe tell the doc and get his recommendations
I did. He recommended vacating OOTB and getting the premium membership.

In reality, this is one of the few places I know of to harmlessly blow off steam. It's cheaper than therapy. and probably a lot more effective. What could be better for the heart than abandoning normal civility and freely taking shots at well-deserving anonymous knuckleheads?

Reactions: heelmanwilm

They put me on blood thinner as well, Eliquis twice a day. I also have to take my BP with a special BP device that transmits the result to the doc's office, twice a day. 116/65 is typical with a pulse of 48-
Yeah they put me on Eliquis twice a day also.

ugh, feels kinda like that’s going to happen.
Society needs to move on. Even some of the people on this board who followed all the CDC regs have grown weary. It is honestly enough.

This virus has created entrenched conspiracy nuts on both sides. Must be another byproduct symptom of covid

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
glad they knocked it out. How long ago was that and can we assume it has not come back at all?

Now I'm curious as to why I had no burns on my chest, maybe they just used less juice on me because I'm not as hard-hearted as you. har har
Well played

no it hasn’t come back so far, it was 6 mos ago

Reactions: bluetoe
Society needs to move on. Even some of the people on this board who followed all the CDC regs have grown weary. It is honestly enough.

This virus has created entrenched conspiracy nuts on both sides. Must be another byproduct symptom of covid
I wore my mask, got vaccinated, lost lots of money canceling karate lessons, stayed at home more than normal, followed the arrows at the grocery store….I’m done with it. Now I’m just like…whatever happens happens.

ugh, feels kinda like that’s going to happen.
It's going to get worse. They said everything was okay... and it wasn't okay. They never should have lifted precautions until they got the vaccinations percentages that they supposedly needed. They jumped too fast, and now they'll get even LESS compliance and it will keep killing and infecting more people. Americans love to do it the hardest way possible.

The UK was a dress rehearsal for the USA. They let the Delta variant get out of India and into the UK, and now it's here. It will spike like last February. Just hope and pray it doesn't kill as many as it was then.

I wore my mask, got vaccinated, lost lots of money canceling karate lessons, stayed at home more than normal, followed the arrows at the grocery store….I’m done with it. Now I’m just like…whatever happens happens.
Time to be a rebel!!!

It's going to get worse. They said everything was okay... and it wasn't okay. They never should have lifted precautions until they got the vaccinations percentages that they supposedly needed. They jumped too fast, and now they'll get even LESS compliance and it will keep killing and infecting more people. Americans love to do it the hardest way possible.

The UK was a dress rehearsal for the USA. They let the Delta variant get out of India and into the UK, and now it's here. It will spike like last February. Just hope and pray it doesn't kill as many as it was then.
maybe just me, but get the fda approval then we’ll see just where the line is.

Reactions: uncfootball-
maybe just me, but get the fda approval then we’ll see just where the line is.
I don't think it's going to matter, at this point. They knew this Delta variant was coming, and they said everything was fine and everybody take your masks off, and then they hoped that the vaccination percentage would reach the number that it needed to be. Now, they're having to deal with falling short of that percentage.

I feel sure that the United States can squeeze out another 100,000 dead people. I know Americans are up for the task.

Eh I don’t share the that pessimism. Once this latest outbreak picks off the unvaccinated I don’t see it ever getting as bad it once was.
Well there won't be any people in the stands for the games this fall. I hope you're right. But I know that if there's a hard way to do it Americans will do it that way. The number of cases are going to skyrocket

Whatever the total deaths are moving forward they just are. At long as there is an effective option against COVID—and by all accounts the efficacy of the vaccine is not in question—then it comes down to a risk vs benefit equation for all of us. Does the efficacy out weight the toxicity. Not knowing what the late or delayed toxicity may or may not be then it’s perfectly reasonable to think there will be people that come down on different sides of this equation given their own personal health. For those that miscalculated and die from this—-that is sad but what do you do. In my opinion certainly not become a nanny state. Honestly it’s not my issue. Now if hospitals are getting crowded to the point of not being able to handle things and treat other sick individuals then I’m willing to listen to other thoughts. Otherwise let people live with the freedom of their choices and what will be will be.

Less worried about adults, but more about kids at this point.
E7fbnn9WQAs-Guj

Just remember.. by the time October rolls around 6 months will have passed since many got the vaccine so those will be at risk again of catching covid.

edit to add.. not all but about 20%

Less worried about adults, but more about kids at this point.
E7fbnn9WQAs-Guj

If you are just worried about the kids—-i would be much more worried about car crashes, firearms, suffocation, drug overdoses that I would covid.

certainly not in the sec or big 12

I saw an article recently that said the SEC commissioner was having to consider cancelling games because so few athletes had been vaccinated up to that point. Probably just posturing to get them to comply but it was interesting that it’s still a problem.

I saw an article recently that said the SEC commissioner was having to consider cancelling games because so few athletes had been vaccinated up to that point. Probably just posturing to get them to comply but it was interesting that it’s still a problem.
They played last year without vaccines!

Why? The vast majority of people have either been vaccinated or exposed to it already.
For starters, they might be cancelling games!

We have just come to the very beginning of a pretty uncertain chapter in this whole thing. This is not over by a long shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT