ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

that’s kind of an extreme and subjective way to look at how people live.

sure, some people don’t want to expose themselves to a virus like this, especially if they are vulnerable or are around vulnerable people...so they wear a mask and get the shot...others dgaf about further protecting themselves or anyone else, but that’s their nature already.

and besides, i know only a couple of people on ootb that live in a cave and it’s not because of a virus.
you think maybe you took this too literally, and missed the point in the process?

Reactions: bleeduncblue
I was actually referring more to the mitigation methods. Mostly staying away from large crowds of people indoors. I'm not planning on getting the vaccine anytime soon. I don't really trust a fast-tracked vaccine like this... at the moment. But, we DO know that there is a potentially-deadly virus running around, and the way we catch it is pretty obvious, too. If you wanna disregard those things and risk it, and then catch it and die (which is not likely, but possible), then, by my measure, you're being irresponsible and you contributed directly to your own demise. It's like driving while drunk, or chain-smoking your whole life. When you're dying of COPD, or emphysema, or lung cancer, or a combination of all three, you're not wondering "how did this happen?"
curious, what is your definition of “fast-tracked”?...this isn’t a new album dropping or even the new ford bronco.

the problem with the logic of some is they look at the person next to them that has also been chain-smoking for years who is 80 and perfectly fine...because you know, everyone is built the same way.

you think maybe you took this too literally, and missed the point in the process?
nah, i understand your post...it sounds like everyone that is a covid denier.

and ftr, i don’t care if you are one or anyone else is.

america...great to have a choice

nah, i understand your post...it sounds like everyone that is a covid denier.

and ftr, i don’t care if you are one or anyone else is.

america...great to have a choice
I don't think I could be called a denier; I wear the mask in stores and I got the vaccine and I have mostly tried to respect those who are overly wary. But I have also been casual about wearing a mask around people when it wasn't demanded. And I pushed back from the beginning on the idea that we needed to shut the world down in order to prevent the inevitable.

curious, what is your definition of “fast-tracked”?...this isn’t a new album dropping or even the new ford bronco.

the problem with the logic of some is they look at the person next to them that has also been chain-smoking for years who is 80 and perfectly fine...because you know, everyone is built the same way.
Well, Covid-19 has been around, as far as I know, for a little over a year. The vaccines have now been around for... 5 months? And, the FDA hasn't approved any of them, to my knowledge. Now, I don't need FDA approval for everything I put in my body. But, a vaccine like this? I'd rather wait a while.

Well, Covid-19 has been around, as far as I know, for a little over a year. The vaccines have now been around for... 5 months? And, the FDA hasn't approved any of them, to my knowledge. Now, I don't need FDA approval for everything I put in my body. But, a vaccine like this? I'd rather wait a while.
yes, the covid-19 vaccine has been available for months...the research behind these type of viruses has been going on for years.

now, if you wanna argue fda approval or supply, sure, i get that.

you do know this was studied for years, right?...maybe you didn’t.
the technology to develop and test this drug had been in the works for close to 10 years, not the drug itself. my wife and her sister are both in this field, both had a hand in the development/testing.

yes, the covid-19 vaccine has been available for months...the research behind these type of viruses has been going on for years.

now, if you wanna argue fda approval or supply, sure, i get that.
"research" is a far cry from "testing" ... and no matter how long you believe the covid vaccine has actually existed, no one can argue that we're clueless as to how this might affect our bodies in the future.

if i was 75+ years old, sure i would go ahead and put this test drug in my body, what do i have to lose?

the technology to develop and test this drug had been in the works for close to 10 years, not the drug itself. my wife and her sister are both in this field, both had a hand in the development/testing.
i also know people that do this...the platforms have been around for decades...in simplest terms, they just alter the proteins...they also tested more than the typical 30,000-60,000 individuals for clinical trials...there are plenty of reputable scientific studies as well re: this.

even hope for cancer patients...because of this research, a targeted cancer vaccine could be on the way.

i also know people that do this...the platforms have been around for decades...in simplest terms, they just alter the proteins...they also tested more than the typical 30,000-60,000 individuals for clinical trials...there are plenty of reputable scientific studies as well re: this.

even hope for cancer patients...because of this research, a targeted cancer vaccine could be on the way.
I've got to fly up to the Minneapolis area for my niece's graduation next month. I'm definitely considering getting, at least the first, shot. I'd prefer to not travel by plane at the moment, but... this is a once-in-a-lifetime event, and she wants me there.

Reactions: gteeitup
I've got to fly up to the Minneapolis area for my niece's graduation next month. I'm definitely considering getting, at least the first, shot. I'd prefer to not travel by plane at the moment, but... this is a once-in-a-lifetime event, and she wants me there.
Traveling by plane is actually pretty safe.

Traveling by plane is actually pretty safe.
What about the airports??? ATL airport is like a city by itself. I drive to Doraville, take the MARTA, then get in the airport, take another subway-thing to the terminal, then finally the plane. Ideally no stops to MSP. The only upshot is that it's June in Minnesota so the temperature won't be in the teens during the day.

What about the airports??? ATL airport is like a city by itself. I drive to Doraville, take the MARTA, then get in the airport, take another subway-thing to the terminal, then finally the plane. Ideally no stops to MSP. The only upshot is that it's June in Minnesota so the temperature won't be in the teens during the day.
The airport was fine when I was there. There haven't been any major breakouts in airports or planes that I know of. Your chances of catching it outside of the airport are significantly higher.

Reactions: strummingram
  • Haha
Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Notice that the example they gave was a huge outbreak of four people. A plane's filtration system is basically hospital quality.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...n-is-the-air-on-your-airplane-coronavirus-cvd

Ride from airport with windows up would be most dangerous part, aside from a long-layover spent in those tiny smoker's lounges

i’d get the first, +80% which is better than the flu vaccine...planes are relatively safe, airports are weird...or don’t, mask the f up, do your distance thing, be aware of others.

it’s all weird now...i went to bakery today, they had a giant sign that read “masks required” and a dude came in, who i knew, that was mask-less...his retort, “i’ll stand over here and talk to you later”...i was like, hello, the business requires a mask.

Reactions: strummingram
Now comes the fight with holdout stores who will still insist we wear them. SC removed all requirement. Said parents had the say if their kids wore them in school, not the school itself. I wemt out to eat last night in Myrtle Beach. Only a minor few people wore them, almost everyone wasnt. This is a good day!!

Reactions: bleeduncblue
Wouldn't surprise me actually at this point if it came from a lab. Not saying I believe that yet but I don't trust the Chinese as far as I can throw Jinping's fat ass. If multiple credible scientists are coming forward saying it's plausible you can't eliminate the possibility.

Reactions: bluetoe and blazers
I didn't know that believing it was designed as biological warfare was controversial. I mean, I can understand how some people don't believe me when I assert that the democrats were in on it but I at least thought all of us knew the Chinese made this shit in a lab and then "accidentally" let it get out.

Reactions: bluetoe
Wouldn't surprise me actually at this point if it came from a lab. Not saying I believe that yet but I don't trust the Chinese as far as I can throw Jinping's fat ass. If multiple credible scientists are coming forward saying it's plausible you can't eliminate the possibility.
I think we need to eliminate the possibility of any more of those damned wet markets. Those things are dangerous as hell. They are disgusting, filth-ridden, incubators for disease

I didn't know that believing it was designed as biological warfare was controversial. I mean, I can understand how some people don't believe me when I assert that the democrats were in on it but I at least thought all of us knew the Chinese made this shit in a lab and then "accidentally" let it get out.
I don't think they would purposely release it in China. They would have brought it here first.

I think we need to eliminate the possibility of any more of those damned wet markets. Those things are dangerous as hell. They are disgusting, filth-ridden, incubators for disease

Oh, of course. Agreed. Wet markets and the like certainly have to be eliminated as a possibility. I think AIDS came from monkeys in Africa or something like that. Wouldn't be shocking if some villager or poor bastard ate a bat and that's what kicked it off.

Oh, of course. Agreed. Wet markets and the like certainly have to be eliminated as a possibility. I think AIDS came from monkeys in Africa or something like that. Wouldn't be shocking if some villager or poor bastard ate a bat and that's what kicked it off.
I realize that their difficult past has created the... delicacies... that became commonplace, but those wetmarkets are horrible. I'm surprised it hasn't spawned more, and more virulent viruses. Those conditions are really beyond disgusting. I remember watching Rickey Gervais: An Idiot Abroad- where they sent Karl Pilkington to China (and all over the world). But, the things those people eat are bizarre. I realize that different cultures = different ways. And, I know the starvation in CHina resulted in drastic measures. But, still... keeping animals in traumatized conditions is asking for trouble.

"What does she do if she finds a spider in the bath? Does she say: 'oh, good. I'll have leave the croissant for tomorrow and I'll have that now."

Since the vaccine is available to everyone who wants it here it might be a good time for us to clean out the gene pool also.
Yikes, indeed. Nice "final solution" mentality and outlook, Adolf.

The "bad gene" inferiors are the ones who haven't chosen to get the vaccine, And all of them will surely die from COVID (from a withering virus that had a 99+% survival rate at its peak). Regardless of whether they forego the vaccine for a valid reason such as having already had - and recovered from - COVID, building up natural immunity that is superior to any vaccine.

The "good gene" superior intelligence people are the ones who got the vaccine, even if they were never at a high risk and possibly already had and recovered from COVID These people all will now surely live forever.

it isn't the food, it's the preparation. I'm sure most of us remember when it was discovered that the primitive people of the remote highlands of New Guinea were contracting and dying of 'Kuru', a disease caused by little snippets of protein....pretty much the same as 'Maddow cow disease'.

Seems that when a loved one would die, they would honor that person by eating the corpse rather than burying or burning it. They would cook the deceased in bamboo stalks and consume everything but the gall bladder. It turns out that the problem was, the flesh wasn't being cooked thoroughly enough.

Once these people were instructed in proper cooking techniques, the problem gradually went away.

it isn't the food, it's the preparation. I'm sure most of us remember when it was discovered that the primitive people of the remote highlands of New Guinea were contracting and dying of 'Kuru', a disease caused by little snippets of protein....pretty much the same as 'Maddow cow disease'.

Seems that when a loved one would die, they would honor that person by eating the corpse rather than burying or burning it. They would cook the deceased in bamboo stalks and consume everything but the gall bladder. It turns out that the problem was, the flesh wasn't being cooked thoroughly enough.

Once these people were instructed in proper cooking techniques, the problem gradually went away.
I guess we don't need the Book of Leviticus as much anymore.

Ah, yes good ol cannibalism. Good to know that's still in practice lol.

But yeah, better food preparation all around certainly couldn't hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT