ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

I guess its your turn now. Did trump force you to wash your hands and wear a mask? Did anyone for that matter?
Who shut all the restaurants, gyms, ect down?
People went full panic mode overnight. The entire country shut down in 1 day. Its was spewed that millions would die in this country alone. We were told to stay home for a few days and it would blow over. We were told all hospitals were at max capacity and we needed to stay home a little longer. All panic and it was pushed hard.

Peoples lives have been altered forever. All by 1 mans face constantly being allowed to be the end all say all of all things covid. And his name was not trump.
And trump, like many millions of americans knew the chance to catch this virus was probable. But they also knew their very livelyhoods were at stake as well. That breeds defiance. And its well suited given what has been placed in the white house. Another party of minions, sicophants and "advisors" with our potus being one of them having his strings pulled
Some countries with diverse populations fared MUCH better than others. We're a rich nation whose government decided it was best to not have a coordinated, centralized approach and instead let states fend for themselves while the pres politicized matters.

Why the fvck would ba world leader start pushing hydroxychloroquine anyway? Shit like that helped split the country over other measures.

Some countries with diverse populations fared MUCH better than others. We're a rich nation whose government decided it was best to not have a coordinated, centralized approach and instead let states fend for themselves while the pres politicized matters.

Why the fvck would ba world leader start pushing hydroxychloroquine anyway? Shit like that helped split the country over other measures.
Our nation is split. 50 states. Each state should decide for themselves. Again, why do we all need to be told what to do? I dont need help with that. Its obvious that it needed different rules in different places.
Our area is heavy in tourist @heelmanwilm
Nothing was done about northerners heading our way all of last year. It wasnt till summer before we had a mass increase in cases. Given how the media and their medical crony took it upon themselves to turn us upsidedown, broad spectrum enforcement was to much.
And again, people have to make the choices. Sheep follow. Thats why we see people in 10 day old double mask, swimming in pools with mask on, controversy over shots, only taking half the required vaccine, ect.
People will people no.matter what

We were told to stay home for a few days and it would blow over. We were told all hospitals were at max capacity and we needed to stay home a little longer. All panic and it was pushed hard.

And trump, like many millions of americans knew the chance to catch this virus was probable.
Given our resources, we shat the bed on covid response as seen by our death rate, our case counts and economic impact. If the government has no role in this then I guess you shouldn't be whining about 'big guvernment'.

Our nation is split. 50 states. Each state should decide for themselves. Again, why do we all need to be told what to do? I dont need help with that. Its obvious that it needed different rules in different places.
Our area is heavy in tourist @heelmanwilm
Nothing was done about northerners heading our way all of last year. It wasnt till summer before we had a mass increase in cases. Given how the media and their medical crony took it upon themselves to turn us upsidedown, broad spectrum enforcement was to much.
And again, people have to make the choices. Sheep follow. Thats why we see people in 10 day old double mask, swimming in pools with mask on, controversy over shots, only taking half the required vaccine, ect.
People will people no.matter what
Do we have 50 CDC's? 50 NIH's?

The 50 states were left alone to get PPE and look how well that went. Testing too.

Do we have 50 CDC's? 50 NIH's?

The 50 states were left alone to get PPE and look how well that went. Testing too.
Dude, we never had the required amount of mask to "safely" protect people from the virus. I have a daughter who works in a pharmacy and a daughter in law as a nurse. Mask were not avaliable. TP was easier to find. Is that trumps fault? Mask were absolutely being used incorrectly to shield from a virus. It was a cluster from day 1. And like ive stated earlier, politics weighed heavy. But its fine. We print a few more rounds of checks, and all will be smoothed over. At least till it all runs out.

Given our resources, we shat the bed on covid response as seen by our death rate, our case counts and economic impact. If the government has no role in this then I guess you shouldn't be whining about 'big guvernment'.
Im not whinning about big government. Im on the soapbox of being personally accountable

Reactions: Heelicious

So many straight up lies in this poast, not worth refuting them all. But for starters, states that did more to "take things in their own hands" like FL, TX, did way better per capita than blue states, severe lockdown states run by incompetents (like NY, NJ, etc)

Keep up on HCQ. It has been scientifically proven to be an effective drug to battle COVID and other viruses. It has historically been proven to be effective especially in southern hemispheres (South America and Africa) and why their COVID death rates per capita were lower.

Recently peer reviewed studies have come out saying how many thousands more COVID deaths could have been prevented, if the media wouldn't have come out hard against HCQ, only because DJT promoted its possibilities as a remedy for some people

So many straight up lies in this poast, not worth refuting them all. But for starters, states that did more to "take things in their own hands" like FL, TX, did way better per capita than blue states, severe lockdown states run by incompetents (like NY, NJ, etc)

Keep up on HCQ. It has been scientifically proven to be an effective drug to battle COVID and other viruses. It has historically been proven to be effective especially in southern hemispheres (South America and Africa) and why their COVID death rates per capita were lower.

Recently peer reviewed studies have come out saying how many thousands more COVID deaths could have been prevented, if the media wouldn't have come out hard against HCQ, only because DJT promoted its possibilities as a remedy for some people

tenor.gif

1. How'd those states do compared to other countries? They sucked.

2. And state comparison is kinda meaningless when
A) 'lockdown' truly wasn't enforced anywhere outside of gyms and bars. People could be as social as they wanted in their own backyard or living room. (heck, simple cotton was allowed as a mask). Also meaningless how NY/NJ were swamped prior to even knowing what covid really was... took much longer to get spread to other states.

B) states are practically 50/50 politically when looking at total pop. There are cities in Fl doing things Desantis didn't want, for example.

3. County/district data on red v blue shows more hospitalized and death in RED areas.

Last edited:
keep up on HCQ. It has been scientifically proven to be an effective drug to battle COVID and other viruses. It has historically been proven to be effective especially in southern hemispheres (South America and Africa) and why their COVID death rates per capita were lower.

Links?
You've said this before and I've asked for links before.

E2KubjiX0AoduNd

This means the more trump voters the more covid deaths.
Either Trump voters are just fatter and sicker than non-trump voters or they're contracting more covid.

Im not whinning about big government. Im on the soapbox of being personally accountable
One reason taxes go toward a federal CDC is so that you don't have to be your infectious disease expert, nor does your governor.

1. How'd those states do compared to other countries? They sucked.

2. And state comparison is kinda meaningless when
A) 'lockdown' truly wasn't enforced anywhere outside of gyms and bars. People could be as social as they wanted in their own backyard or living room. (heck, simple cotton was allowed as a mask). Also meaningless how NY/NJ were swamped prior to even knowing what covid really was... took much longer to get spread to other states.

B) states are practically 50/50 politically when looking at total pop. There are cities in Fl doing things Desantis didn't want, for example.

3. County/district data on red v blue shows more hospitalized and death in RED areas.
you mean other countries that have nothing like the influx of visitors that the U.S. has? Maybe you don't understand that most of us know that Trump tried to limit travel from the Covid hotspot and was roundly defamed as racist by the usual demlib fvcktards for doing so. All your blather hinges on ignoring the fact that Trump tried to do something as centrally as centrally can be...and that it was the dems that got the Covid ball rolling on us.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
Maybe you don't understand that most of us know that Trump tried to limit travel from the Covid hotspot and was roundly defamed as racist by the usual demlib fvcktards for doing so. All your blather hinges on ignoring the fact that Trump tried to do something as centrally as centrally can be...and that it was the dems that got the Covid ball rolling on us.

All accurate.

Reactions: bluetoe
I read an interesting article today on US citizens' weight gain during the pandemic. It was grim. On average, people had gained almost 30 pounds per person during the pandemic, according to the survey. I am skeptical. that seems high, but still, weight gain during the pandemic was a serious issue for many.

The average weight of US women was about 170 pounds, and for men about 190 pounds - before the pandemic. That had risen in the US by about 30 pounds per person since 1960.

We have become a sedentary society in US, and pandemic lockdowns and shut-ins just made it worse. That same amount of weight increase in the last 60 years, was basically gained again in the last 1.5 years. The numbers were even worse for millennials than older people.

Over half of the US COVID deaths were persons considered obese or morbidly obese. That fact alone, compared to (low) obesity levels and better eating and exercise habits in other countries, is enough to explain why "US did worse than other countries" at fighting the pandemic.

What was DJT supposed to do, have the average overweight American drop 30 pounds over the weekend, to reduce the COVID death risk?

I read an interesting article today on US citizens' weight gain during the pandemic. It was grim. On average, people had gained almost 30 pounds per person during the pandemic, according to the survey. I am skeptical. that seems high, but still, weight gain during the pandemic was a serious issue for many.

The average weight of US women was about 170 pounds, and for men about 190 pounds - before the pandemic. That had risen in the US by about 30 pounds per person since 1960.

We have become a sedentary society in US, and pandemic lockdowns and shut-ins just made it worse. That same amount of weight increase in the last 60 years, was basically gained again in the last 1.5 years. The numbers were even worse for millennials than older people.

Over half of the US COVID deaths were persons considered obese or morbidly obese. That fact alone, compared to (low) obesity levels and better eating and exercise habits in other countries, is enough to explain why "US did worse than other countries" at fighting the pandemic.

What was DJT supposed to do, have the average overweight American drop 30 pounds over the weekend, to reduce the COVID death risk?
Technically speaking, weight is a pretty bad way to measure ones health. Most doctors will tell you that. I'm not saying weight doesn't matter as I too suspect that most people aren't as healthy as they were before the pandemic. I'm just being kind of needlessly technical.

Technically speaking, weight is a pretty bad way to measure ones health. Most doctors will tell you that. I'm not saying weight doesn't matter as I too suspect that most people aren't as healthy as they were before the pandemic. I'm just being kind of needlessly technical.
I agree completely. I see lots of friends who do some sort of weight training - not even talking about massive muscle head types - who gain weight but look / are healthier because muscle weighs a lot more than fat, for a given amount of space taken up.

Just having people take some accountability for trying to stay in shape and eat right shouldn't be too much to ask, IMO, is all I am saying. But junk food / processed food is so cheap and so addictive. With so much hidden sugar, HFCS, etc hidden in it.

And it is easy to eat more of it when stressed out during a pandemic. And it could be harder to go out and get exercise. FWIW - the article started out about how airlines may have to start charging more, due to the extra weight in passengers they are carrying. I don't think the airlines have the kahunas to actually weigh passengers and hit them with an upcharge for being overweight. What a bad "fat shaming" look that would be.

Reactions: tarheel0910

Gyms were shut down, but don’t worry, those drive thru’s remained open.

you mean other countries that have nothing like the influx of visitors that the U.S. has? Maybe you don't understand that most of us know that Trump tried to limit travel from the Covid hotspot and was roundly defamed as racist by the usual demlib fvcktards for doing so. All your blather hinges on ignoring the fact that Trump tried to do something as centrally as centrally can be...and that it was the dems that got the Covid ball rolling on us.
You think the US is the only place w international travel? lol

And shutting down flights would have been a great idea but Trump admin floundered and screwed up, like always:

"As Azar explained when he announced the travel restrictions on Jan. 31, the policy prohibits non-U.S. citizens, other than the immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents, who have traveled to China within the last two weeks from entering the U.S."

So American citizens could still come and go, even if they'd snacked at a wet market in Wuhan!

My fav is the partial euro ban that excluded his resorts.

And shutting down flights would have been a great idea but Trump admin floundered and screwed up, like always:

"As Azar explained when he announced the travel restrictions on Jan. 31, the policy prohibits non-U.S. citizens, other than the immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents, who have traveled to China within the last two weeks from entering the U.S."

So American citizens could still come and go, even if they'd snacked at a wet market in Wuhan!

That thing was in the US before January 2020.

no. That's why I made sure to say...

"have n-o-t-h-i-n-g l-i-k-e the influx of visitors that the U.S. has?"

dude, try NOT being a defecting, disingenuous dipshit. I know that would be a stretch for you, but try. LOL

no. That's why I made sure to say...

"have n-o-t-h-i-n-g l-i-k-e the influx of visitors that the U.S. has?"

dude, try NOT being a defecting, disingenuous dipshit. I know that would be a stretch for you, but try. LOL
You are a dolt if you believe other countries don't have international visitor influx like the US - heck tourism alone teeny little France and Spain out-do the whole US. I like how you ignore the other points though while also being wrong about this one.

You are a dolt if you believe other countries don't have international visitor influx like the US - heck tourism alone teeny little France and Spain out-do the whole US. I like how you ignore the other points though while also being wrong about this one.
you cite the only two countries that 'outdo' the U.S., as if they are just examples; and they are in a virtual tie with us. My comment wasn't just about France and Spain, it was about the world at large. You are such a fraud. Are you also forgetting those uncounted individuals at the border? Don't even try giving me a hard time about what I didn't address. At least when I address something I do it honestly...and when you clean up your act, I'll address anything you throw out there.

Ya, ban American citizens from returning home. I'm sure that would have gone over swimmingly.
well, what they could have done is have a screener stationed at the boarding areas asking passengers if they had 'snacked on bat at a wet market in Wuhan' or somehow wandered into a lab testing virus strains. That would have netted a significant number of potential spreaders I'm sure.

• Haha
Banning just some people from one country was fruitless.

Gene tracing & sequencing can map where strains came from, and by mid-march analysis of New Yorkers showed the strains were all primarily from Europe, plus a few US west coast
"https://science.sciencemag.org/content/369/6501/297"

Yet Trump & co didn't "attempt" a Euro ban til mid march.

Again, banning is a fine idea to at least try to postpone or slow the spread, but for it to be effective they needed to ban all international travelers until we had better quarantine & testing figured out. I'm not saying travel-banning overall was the right or wrong reaction, just that Trump's attempt to implement one was pathetic.

For people to cite the china-restriction as the impressive response from US leadership is ridiculous.

Gene tracing & sequencing can map where strains came from, and by mid-march analysis of New Yorkers showed the strains were all primarily from Europe, plus a few US west coast

Again, banning is a fine idea to at least try to postpone or slow the spread, but for it to be effective they needed to ban all international travelers until we had better quarantine & testing figured out. I'm not saying travel-banning overall was the right or wrong reaction, just that Trump's attempt to implement one was pathetic.

For people to cite the china-restriction as the impressive response from US leadership is ridiculous.
We NEVER had better testing. The crappy tests were one of the biggest impediments.

Reactions: blazers

Trump's attempt wasn't pathetic, the lib wailing and gnashing of teeth over it was. And banning travel from the hotspot...as I mentioned...was obviously the best starting move. Obvious, that is, to anyone without an agenda of relentless and obsessive Trump-bashing. Of course you choose to dwell on something else instead of addressing the subject, which was a ban on travel from China. Because you have an agenda of relentless and obsessive Trump-bashing, with a side of truth be damned.

Keep it up boys, you’re right on the verge of changing each other’s minds.
the chances of that are less than Kamala taking charge of the border situation or Biden having a press conference without scripted answers to prearranged questions. Or of @blazers finding it reasonable to stop flailing away like Don Quixote at an ex-President who can't hurt him anymore.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bleeduncblue
exactly. and those drive thru lines were packed with sheeple pulling their mask down to order their upsized #3.
I've had a 'whatever' attitude toward the mask-wearing. Ironically, after it taking me more than a year to consistently put one on by habit before going into a public place, now I can't stop putting the @%$#^% thing on even when I don't have to.

The damnedest Covid protocol farce I can think of was watching maskless basketball players go out on the court and practically mud-wrestle each other, then come to the bench area and put on a mask and sit ten feet away from other players.

I've had a 'whatever' attitude toward the mask-wearing. Ironically, after it taking me more than a year to consistently put one on by habit before going into a public place, now I can't stop putting the @%$#^% thing on even when I don't have to.

The damnedest Covid protocol farce was watching maskless basketball players go out on the court and practically mud-wrestle each other, then come to the sideline and put on a mask and sit ten feet away from other players.
this- along with, say, the coaches who I presume are vaccinated or at least have the option to be vaccinated...who wear the masks almost all the time under their chinstraps. Sometimes these coaches wear the masks when they are not saying anything and not near players, but they touch the masks with their dirty hands to pull them down to let the spittle fly when yelling instructions to players. Science!

You still have to wear masks when going through an airport, on an airplane, or even riding in a bus, 20 feet from any other rider. But you don't have to wear them in any other place, even in close proximity to others. Gotta hand it to that sneaky virus - it was almost going to get away with ambushing vaccinated individuals riding alone on a bus, walking vaccinated through an airport, etc...until science stepped in and thwarted it. Yay science!

ADVERTISEMENT