ADVERTISEMENT

could the football team be undefeated going into the ACC Championship game

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Now that the Central Florida and Auburn games are pretty much off the table would it not be ambitious to say that Carolina could go undefeated during the regular season. The biggest obstacle that will probably decide the Coastal division will be when Virginia Tech comes to the Hill but there are also some major battles against a vastly improved Mismi team and a always tough Virginia squad. But I would not be surprised at all if Carolina plays Clemson in the championship with both teams having perfect records...What do you think?

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
There’s nobody in the division that we shouldn’t be able to beat

With a hot QB...yes...the Heels could/should be undefeated. But meeting Clemson in the championship game would be daunting...maybe a 10 point underdog.

If we have a season and aren’t too adversely affected by COVID-19, then it’s possible. If the OL is strong, we should be able to put up a bunch of points, a bunch. On defense, the line is once again the main concern as our LB’s and DB’s should be a strength.

HST, I fear the season will be severely curtailed, if not cancelled altogether. And since Carolina sports constitute about 95% of my sports viewing, that makes me sad.

Maybe not undefeated but I still like the odds to win the division, barring injury issues. Championship game could easily be influenced by who is less covid-impacted than who is better team.

Maybe not undefeated but I still like the odds to win the division, barring injury issues. Championship game could easily be influenced by who is less covid-impacted than who is better team.

This. To answer OP's question, there is a chance but Miami, VT, and Pitt will be close games.

I think clemson is making sure they don’t have that issue during the season. At the rate it’s spread through their squad, pretty much everyone will have the antibodies by week 1

I think clemson is making sure they don’t have that issue during the season. At the rate it’s spread through their squad, pretty much everyone will have the antibodies by week 1

I heard that being discussed on a radio call-in show several weeks ago. I think at the time 1/3 of the team had it and the speakers were wondering if they'd just go ahead and get everyone infected counting on them to all be recovered and immune by the time the season starts. They were joking, but they talked about it enough to fill the gap between commercial breaks.

I heard that being discussed on a radio call-in show several weeks ago. I think at the time 1/3 of the team had it and the speakers were wondering if they'd just go ahead and get everyone infected counting on them to all be recovered and immune by the time the season starts. They were joking, but they talked about it enough to fill the gap between commercial breaks.

I know that it sounds like some kind of crazy conspiracy theory that a USuCk fan would be pushing. And I don’t think they would deliberately infect kids. But if you just roll back some of the extra precautions, the virus would do the job for you.

I graduated from clemson and lived there for five years. Knew a lot of players and met several of the coaches on occasion. From what I’ve seen, there aren’t many lines they won’t cross to win games.

I know that it sounds like some kind of crazy conspiracy theory that a USuCk fan would be pushing. And I don’t think they would deliberately infect kids. But if you just roll back some of the extra precautions, the virus would do the job for you.

I graduated from clemson and lived there for five years. Knew a lot of players and met several of the coaches on occasion. From what I’ve seen, there aren’t many lines they won’t cross to win games.

Like providing fake classes to student athletes?

When factoring what UNC can do this season, you need to add up and analyze more than just the opponents most likely to finish with better records.

Think about the 4 week period of MooU; at UVA; at Dook; Wake. All 4 could finish with losing records, and all 4 will want to beat UNC very badly. There is major history with all 4. That 4 week stretch will be emotionally draining on UNC.

Like providing fake classes to student athletes?
Again, those AFAM classes were not provided to athletes anymore than to anybody else. They were standard for the department, and far from unusual among 'group identity' classes nationwide in terms of things like grade inflation and poorly overseen independent studies. Without 1 crooked to the hilt department chair and 1 super do-good secretary, both of whom believed that ends they desire justify any and all means, nothing close to that would have occurred with AFAM.

Those are issues of academics being turned into rather raw politics, of politics taking over academics and, necessarily, perverting it, because politics is the second oldest profession and very much like the oldest.

Notre dame
Definitely the team we play in regular season with the most talent and potential to be in the Top 5 at the end of the season. ND also hosts Clemson, which could give the Irish a lift needed to upset the Tigers.

If UNC reaches the ND game undefeated, it means coming out of that 4 weeks of the most important, most played rivalry games unscathed, as well as having beaten FS in Tallahassee and taken care of VT at Kenan.

2020 Schedule
Saturday, Sept. 12: vs. Syracuse
Saturday, Sept. 19: vs. Charlotte
Saturday, Oct. 3: at Boston College
Saturday, Oct. 10: vs. Virginia Tech
Saturday, Oct. 17: at Florida State
Saturday, Oct. 24: vs. NC State
Saturday, Oct. 31: at Virginia
Saturday, Nov. 7: at Duke
Saturday, Nov. 14: Wake Forest
Friday, Nov. 27: vs. Notre Dame
Saturday, Dec. 5: at Miami

Reactions: JimmyinVA
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ed-look-all-options-including-playing-big-ten

Big10 and Pac12 aren't gonna play supposedly but Nebraska is trying to play outside the Big10???

Could this restart realignment?

ACC says they intend to play now.
If the SEC plays and the ACC does not, ACC football will take 3 or 4 steps back vis a vis the SEC. And we are already behind.

If the SEC plays, the Big XII will play.

The Big Ten GOR is too large for Nebraska to want to break it. But if the BT acts to stop Nebraska trying to play, things could get nasty.

I say the ACC does a quick rework of the schedule and put Nebraska in. Love to see the Huskers roll into Kenan.

Obviously I want the guys to play but if we got to bring back all of our seniors next year, we would end up being one of the most talented teams in all of college football. Next year's class is ridiculous and we already have some very experienced seniors who took a redshirt because of injuries last year.

With a hot QB...yes...the Heels could/should be undefeated. But meeting Clemson in the championship game would be daunting...maybe a 10 point underdog.

If UNC were a 10 point dog to start then it would get bet to 17.5 within two hours

Again, those AFAM classes were not provided to athletes anymore than to anybody else. They were standard for the department, and far from unusual among 'group identity' classes nationwide in terms of things like grade inflation and poorly overseen independent studies. Without 1 crooked to the hilt department chair and 1 super do-good secretary, both of whom believed that ends they desire justify any and all means, nothing close to that would have occurred with AFAM.

Those are issues of academics being turned into rather raw politics, of politics taking over academics and, necessarily, perverting it, because politics is the second oldest profession and very much like the oldest.

UNC fans loves to point fingers, but can never stand up and look at themselves in the mirror. Just own it.

You got caught. It’s time to stop bloviating and attempting to twist reality. You’re not above reproach like you pretend to be.

UNC fans loves to point fingers, but can never stand up and look at themselves in the mirror. Just own it.

You got caught. It’s time to stop bloviating and attempting to twist reality. You’re not above reproach like you pretend to be.
Thanks for coming over to a UNC message board to let us know that. We'll keep it in mind.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-

UNC turned itself in. UNC then initiated an unprecedented series of examinations of everything that had happened. The UNC began making changes, including to AFAM.

What mirror did UNC refuse to look into?

as strains of "Man in the Mirror" play in the background....

I do think that UNC and the NCAA catch a lot of flack about AFAM and the light punishment given....most folks do not understand that it was not considered to be "sports specific" and thus not under the jurisdiction of the NCAA, but rather, the accrediting agency.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT