ADVERTISEMENT

Couple very interesting duke related rumors...

DSouthr

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2002
First one is that K is either going to announce next season will be his last as the duke head coach or that he will step down before next season begins. IU do think K would want to have his swan song season so ESPN can fawn over him for most of a year but if he does not see his team as being stacked with talent as he has been used to then don't think he stays around to have a losing season back to back.

Second and could determine how the first one plays out, that BOTH Banchero AND AJ Griffith are very strongly considering going G league NOW rather than playing for duke next season! Are they waiting on K or is K waiting on them to decide?

Frankly, if either one of these are true then they could actually cause the other one to happen. If Banchero and Griffith are not available for duke next season I can easy see K not wanting to be tagged with having to figure out how to get those remaining to be competitive, they would not be nearly as strong as they were this past season and we all know how this past season worked out for them. I could not see K willing to stick around for losing like that. Just as if K stepped down right now, very doubtful either Banchero or Griffith would stay for next season.

First one is that K is either going to announce next season will be his last as the duke head coach or that he will step down before next season begins. IU do think K would want to have his swan song season so ESPN can fawn over him for most of a year but if he does not see his team as being stacked with talent as he has been used to then don't think he stays around to have a losing season back to back.

Second and could determine how the first one plays out, that BOTH Banchero AND AJ Griffith are very strongly considering going G league NOW rather than playing for duke next season! Are they waiting on K or is K waiting on them to decide?

Frankly, if either one of these are true then they could actually cause the other one to happen. If Banchero and Griffith are not available for duke next season I can easy see K not wanting to be tagged with having to figure out how to get those remaining to be competitive, they would not be nearly as strong as they were this past season and we all know how this past season worked out for them. I could not see K willing to stick around for losing like that. Just as if K stepped down right now, very doubtful either Banchero or Griffith would stay for next season.
Who is Griffith?

Sherriff of Mayberry... I could care less how your boy AJ's last name is spelled, know what I am sayin? LOL
No! I don't know what you're saying. You tell us that you have very interesting information, but it's obvious that you don't because you don't come close to the player's name

• Sad
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Griffith looks pretty close to Griffin, at least close enough to know the context but then you knew who he was referring tot. I've heard similar rumors. Timing of the G league rumors makes me wonder if Baldwin wanted guarantee that k would be coaching and didn't get an answer he was comfortable with. The dook trolling is getting kind of old.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
It might be worth the sickening fawning over K to get rid of him, although, while his presence certainly helps with recruiting, his coaching has been so bad lately that I don't mind seeing him stay.

No! I don't know what you're saying. You tell us that you have very interesting information, but it's obvious that you don't because you don't come close to the player's name

I'll just call that Griffith fellow "douchebag" so I don't botch his name, deal? You seem to take great offense to it and because you're so beloved here, I don't want to run you off.

As for K retiring this year, he can't. I think he wanted to but Roy beat him to the punch and now he'll look like Johnny-come-lately if he does it. But he knows he's lost a step and with the way the CBB landscape has changed, he knows he'll be an also-ran if he sticks around and we all know his fragile ego couldn't take that.

I always thought K would need to announce ahead of time that he was retiring. No one needs his ego fed like that guy.

Sorry Sgt Shultz !!! I guess, considering that you are so confused and find yourself unable to figure out whom I was referring to, that YOU STILL KNOW NOTHING, YOU STILL KNOW NOTHING YOU STILL KNOW NOTHING, YOU NEVER KNEW NOTHING! LOL

Trolling must be extremely stressful, because even the patient ones crack sooner or later! Watching Ichabob crumble has been hilarious!

I can see ratty announcing at the end of this season so he can have his tour of fawnication! DSPN will have a stroke trying to find adjectives to talk about how great he was and will not mention even once how his recruiting success and on-court success haven't matched in years!

I still think he will wait until his grandson is finished school at duke.
Why, so he can watch him languish at the very end of the bench? Mike Savarino has played two minutes in two games in two full seasons (He did make a free throw, however.) And dook has had more than a few blowouts in which mop up minutes could've been found. What can you say about a grandfather like that?

Reactions: TheGLOV
“Coach, yet another one of your players received illegal benefits. There’s a pattern emerging.”

mike-krzyzewski-coach-duke-5050f2a64bf9d67e.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT