ADVERTISEMENT

Daily Drop: Is UNC's 11-Man Roster Enough?

11 is Enough! Especially if the 11 are broken down into depth at every position! With the reports (totally expected by me) of High's improvements in practice, JWash motivated and healthy, JWit continuing his steep learning curve, Seth continuing working on shooting + handles, EC working on his shooting + D, Capt + Drake providing multiple role/swiss army knife types, RJ being RJ but more so, and the addition of Tyson + Lubin-UNC is set up for something special! I know the staff has scoured last year's film and have bolstered all weaknesses by now too! We have the horses to beat peeps at their game; and could stomp those who try to play ours!

It's possible to have too many guys, especially if they all think they can play.

Coach Smith once said his preference was to have 8 guys who could really play, and 4 who were just happy to be at Carolina. But then he added, "that's assuming no one gets hurt."

Reactions: gary-7 and TPFKAPFS
11 is Enough! Especially if the 11 are broken down into depth at every position! With the reports (totally expected by me) of High's improvements in practice, JWash motivated and healthy, JWit continuing his steep learning curve, Seth continuing working on shooting + handles, EC working on his shooting + D, Capt + Drake providing multiple role/swiss army knife types, RJ being RJ but more so, and the addition of Tyson + Lubin-UNC is set up for something special! I know the staff has scoured last year's film and have bolstered all weaknesses by now too! We have the horses to beat peeps at their game; and could stomp those who try to play ours!
no its not enough without a big thick guy in the middle

There is more than one way to play basketball. Basketball is moving away from the Thick, back- to-the basket Bigs. (I hate it because it is a beautiful way to play) Playing a strong but shorter dude who plays tall and can face up works now. (Lubin) Alternating this with a longer and more athletic Big who can also shoot out to 3 pt land is also good. (JWash) Having other athletes who can provide bodies and skills like the extreme motor of High and the driving ability of JWit means we have a nice 4 man rotation through the 5 AND all of them can play 4! Our Ace in the Hole is JB. Who knows how fast he develops and whether by ACC or Dance time we won't have a "big thick guy in the middle"? I apologize if I can't summon the angst to be worried about Hubs having 5 guys to work with and an entire off season to figure out how to use them! (EG, We can put a lineup out there where all 5 guys could hit 3s right now!)

I would have no problem adding a work in progress type like JB as a big to the roster, but adding another piece expecting PT would be problematic!

I don't think that question can be answered yet. Eleven is fine IF:

the transfers deliver Manek/Ingram levels of performance
Washington/High show they can be effective over long stretches on the court
Cadeau can make the freshman to sophomore jump we need
the freshmen are able to contribute
a couple of players (apart from RJ) show they are consistent outside threats.

That's a LOT of questions but not impossible. Hubert has shown he can coach when plan A works but has not proven he can adjust when he has to go plans B or C. NIL and the portal has completely changed the landscape of college basketball. The days of being able to rely on the development of guys who saw spot minutes the previous season but are now ready for the big stage are gone - those guys tend to look elsewhere if they don't get their minutes. Dudley Bradley contributed little his first two seasons but developed his skill set and was a key player his junior and senior seasons. Hubert Davis played a little over 5 minutes a game as a freshman.

So many unknowns at this time - all fans can do is speculate. If you look at the glass half full then UNC is a FF threat, if it's half empty then the unproven inside game and absence of outside shooting to help RJ is great cause for concern.

I don't think that question can be answered yet. Eleven is fine IF:

the transfers deliver Manek/Ingram levels of performance
Washington/High show they can be effective over long stretches on the court
Cadeau can make the freshman to sophomore jump we need
the freshmen are able to contribute
a couple of players (apart from RJ) show they are consistent outside threats.

That's a LOT of questions but not impossible. Hubert has shown he can coach when plan A works but has not proven he can adjust when he has to go plans B or C. NIL and the portal has completely changed the landscape of college basketball. The days of being able to rely on the development of guys who saw spot minutes the previous season but are now ready for the big stage are gone - those guys tend to look elsewhere if they don't get their minutes. Dudley Bradley contributed little his first two seasons but developed his skill set and was a key player his junior and senior seasons. Hubert Davis played a little over 5 minutes a game as a freshman.

So many unknowns at this time - all fans can do is speculate. If you look at the glass half full then UNC is a FF threat, if it's half empty then the unproven inside game and absence of outside shooting to help RJ is great cause for concern.
Excellent post, could not agree more!

Yes, you sure can win and not have a 7ft center. We have done that, Seam May and Meeks are just 2 examples of that but they are as well 2 examples of something else we do not have, a guy with those big wide shoulders that has the strength to carve out space. We had Bacot for 5 seasons, I think maybe we got so used to having him around that we took for granted what he did for us, he was that big body in the paint that few could move out.

Of course we have the talent to be able to win big next season but our approach is going to have to change drastically, and they are going to have to be consistent in that different approach. I have watched our approach change multiple times each season so far under Hubert. I get that, new head coach, searching for his own preferred style of play, takes some experimentation before the formula is just right, I get that.

I believe we have the talent to win but I do think it is going to take a lot of adjustment and consistency from both the players and the coaching staff. I think the coming season, more than any of the 3 that Hubert has been our coach, will depend heavy on understanding your players strengths and weaknesses and playing to those strengths and I am not yet convinced in our ability to do that. Our A plan should be fine but when the A plan does not work that B plan has to be ready, you have to expect the other teams adjustments and be ready for them and that is the part I am really concerns with. IN a lot of ways Hubert was much better last season so he showed progression but there were short comings as well. Those short comings have now got to be addressed or we will have some really pissed off fans next season.

Now maybe Hubert is seeing things none of us are able to, reports from pick up games, how guys are progressing in strength and conditioning, how certain skills are progressing as in how Cadeau or Seth are jump shooting, in other words information we fans don't have. So maybe our center position did not need addressing but why did we chase centers in the portal if we didn't need to? I assume we needed to address the 5 position, I assume the staff realized that. This is about getting it done, it isn't about trying to get it done, it is a win or not deal.

I love what I see in Jalen's ability, I do think he has NBA potential but the reality is that he averaged 8mins a game last season as a soph, not a freshman, a sophomore? Yet now we will have to depend on him for the lion share of 40mins and be very under sized when he sits? It can be done with the guys we have, I just have not yet seen the creativity or the individual player development that assures me we don't have the major problem it seems to me we now have. So yeah, I am concerned. I wanted to look at this coming team with the mindset of we will be fine and this is why not we will be fine IF and yet all I have is IF, every IF I have ever seen comes along with it's partner, IF NOT then what.

To be clear Center WAS addressed. We have 3 guys that have played 5. Shooting WAS addressed. We have shooters at every position except possibly 1 and i bet 1 will be serviceable. We had NO other needs. So.....

I don't see any reason to be anything but optimistic!

To be clear Center WAS addressed. We have 3 guys that have played 5. Shooting WAS addressed. We have shooters at every position except possibly 1 and i bet 1 will be serviceable. We had NO other needs. So.....

I don't see any reason to be anything but optimistic!
I enjoy your optimism so don't lose it!

Sorry my friend but I do not agree we handled our center need, we brought in a power forward to cover the need for a center. That is not a swipe at Lubin, 6'9" 235lbs played the 5 for Vandy yeah, I get that. I get that Jwit played some center for Lville before coming to us but they were power forwards playing out of position due to need. We lost Bacot, a huge 6'10" 265 lbs wide shoulders big butt, physically strong man that is the all time UNC double double rock. Nor did we bring in a guy that is a big time shot blocker that covers up a lot of guard mistakes defensively. We are now looking at replacing Bacot with a rising Jr that played 8mins a game last season, in my book poorly prepped for what we now need for him. I say poorly prepped because of his sad lack of minutes last season.

Now I passed along a week or so ago that I was hearing whispers that High may be over expectations right now, I have to see that before I can really wrap my head around it but if he can in fact take a huge step up then he could be the solution to our problem at the 5. I am going to be looking extra hard at what he weighs in to begin next season, if he is able to add 15lbs to that frame we may in fact have a player that can book end with Jalen and give us shot blocking and boards with that big tie motor and touch of aggression on the court. So maybe Hubert looks at that and feels his 5 problem has been solved interannually and didn't need the external solution from the portal? All I have to go on is what I saw last season, Hubert has much better view of that than I or any of us have. On this site High is listed as 6'9" and 225lbs, not sure what his reach is but I suspect it may be 7'1" or maybe a touch more and he does get up a little bit more than Bacot did. At 240lbs, 15 more lbs High could be a VERY different player.

The other real question for me is Brown, we (myself included) have tended to write him off for next season. Brown is listed at 6'10" and 210lbs but he looks to me like he has a frame that can add good weight easier than maybe High. Brown actually lost some weight going in to his last high school season, if that was just losing baby fat to add muscle fine. He reminds me a bit of a freshman Bacot, Bacot was a bit thicker I think but Bacot added a good bit of muscle weight after getting to us that really helped him become the players he was. I think Brown will have to do the same thing but if I recall correctly (may be off) I think Bacot came to us around 225lbs or played at that as a freshman. If Brown can add muscle this off season and get to 225lbs he could give us some minutes, will have to wait and see.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I enjoy your optimism so don't lose it!

Sorry my friend but I do not agree we handled our center need, we brought in a power forward to cover the need for a center. That is not a swipe at Lubin, 6'9" 235lbs played the 5 for Vandy yeah, I get that. I get that Jwit played some center for Lville before coming to us but they were power forwards playing out of position due to need. We lost Bacot, a huge 6'10" 265 lbs wide shoulders big butt, physically strong man that is the all time UNC double double rock. Nor did we bring in a guy that is a big time shot blocker that covers up a lot of guard mistakes defensively. We are now looking at replacing Bacot with a rising Jr that played 8mins a game last season, in my book poorly prepped for what we now need for him. I say poorly prepped because of his sad lack of minutes last season.

Now I passed along a week or so ago that I was hearing whispers that High may be over expectations right now, I have to see that before I can really wrap my head around it but if he can in fact take a huge step up then he could be the solution to our problem at the 5. I am going to be looking extra hard at what he weighs in to begin next season, if he is able to add 15lbs to that frame we may in fact have a player that can book end with Jalen and give us shot blocking and boards with that big tie motor and touch of aggression on the court. So maybe Hubert looks at that and feels his 5 problem has been solved interannually and didn't need the external solution from the portal? All I have to go on is what I saw last season, Hubert has much better view of that than I or any of us have. On this site High is listed as 6'9" and 225lbs, not sure what his reach is but I suspect it may be 7'1" or maybe a touch more and he does get up a little bit more than Bacot did. At 240lbs, 15 more lbs High could be a VERY different player.

The other real question for me is Brown, we (myself included) have tended to write him off for next season. Brown is listed at 6'10" and 210lbs but he looks to me like he has a frame that can add good weight easier than maybe High. Brown actually lost some weight going in to his last high school season, if that was just losing baby fat to add muscle fine. He reminds me a bit of a freshman Bacot, Bacot was a bit thicker I think but Bacot added a good bit of muscle weight after getting to us that really helped him become the players he was. I think Brown will have to do the same thing but if I recall correctly (may be off) I think Bacot came to us around 225lbs or played at that as a freshman. If Brown can add muscle this off season and get to 225lbs he could give us some minutes, will have to wait and see.
How many teams got a bacot this coming year? Look at Houston team there bigs are 6-7 and 6-8 they always in top 5. Look at Baylor 2021 nat championship team there front court was 6-8 and 6-5 with super good guards . Jwash is 6-10 with 7-4 wing span, Lubin 6-8 with 7-1 wing span. Let’s compare Aidoo avg 11pts 6 Reb, Cliff avg 10pts 9 Reb, now Lubin avg 12pts 6 Reb, last month he avg 16 and 12 in the Sec. Jwash playing 28-30min can avg 13-15pts 8 Reb. If Jwash was in the portal you know how many teams would have been going crazy to get him. Jwash going to pull bigs away from rim bc of his ability to shoot. Him and Lubin can play high/low. Not to mention Jwit who will have much better year. Jwash is capable of being a good shot blocker with his 7-4 wing span. We didn’t get to see the whole package bc he only played 9-10 min behind a legend. We get to hung on this high profile transfers, most are overrated. We also got Zay and Brown. HD knows what he doing. He really going to run those NBA sets. UNC4L!

How many teams got a bacot this coming year? Look at Houston team there bigs are 6-7 and 6-8 they always in top 5. Look at Baylor 2021 nat championship team there front court was 6-8 and 6-5 with super good guards . Jwash is 6-10 with 7-4 wing span, Lubin 6-8 with 7-1 wing span. Let’s compare Aidoo avg 11pts 6 Reb, Cliff avg 10pts 9 Reb, now Lubin avg 12pts 6 Reb, last month he avg 16 and 12 in the Sec. Jwash playing 28-30min can avg 13-15pts 8 Reb. If Jwash was in the portal you know how many teams would have been going crazy to get him. Jwash going to pull bigs away from rim bc of his ability to shoot. Him and Lubin can play high/low. Not to mention Jwit who will have much better year. Jwash is capable of being a good shot blocker with his 7-4 wing span.
^

Thanks D. My optimism is bullet proof!

Thanks Coach for stating exactly what I was thinking! Either bball is changing OR it isn't! We can't play both sides of the fence. Peeps complained all year about Bacot and some claimed he was actually holding us back due to Hubs being so loyal to him! NOW, he is the second coming of Wilt! I love me some Bacot and I believe his game and leadership is pivotal to all of the success his teams had, but even my stuck in tradition eyes have been forced to see that the game is morphing!

Two things can be true at the same time!

1. Hubs wanted a 7 foot, shot blocking and rebounding beast
AND
2. We have enough in the front court stable now to be successful

Hubs, unlike many of us, was not so focused on a single body type that he lost sight of paying attention to fit + character! He missed on O and Aidoo and he hit on Lubin. If Lubin, JWash, JWit, High, and JB aren't enough for 4 and 5, then so be it! If any 3 of them step up, however, we are golden! I have seen enough to be almost 100% certain that Lubin and JWit will be excellent. I have seen enough to know that JWash will make his sophomore style jump (it is his first time having 2 relatively healthy off seasons). I am optimistic High will be able to give some quality minutes and I have a feeling that peeps are sleeping on JB!

Go Tar Heels!

Reactions: Psychward4
Thanks D. My optimism is bullet proof!

Thanks Coach for stating exactly what I was thinking! Either bball is changing OR it isn't! We can't play both sides of the fence. Peeps complained all year about Bacot and some claimed he was actually holding us back due to Hubs being so loyal to him! NOW, he is the second coming of Wilt! I love me some Bacot and I believe his game and leadership is pivotal to all of the success his teams had, but even my stuck in tradition eyes have been forced to see that the game is morphing!

Two things can be true at the same time!

1. Hubs wanted a 7 foot, shot blocking and rebounding beast
AND
2. We have enough in the front court stable now to be successful

Hubs, unlike many of us, was not so focused on a single body type that he lost sight of paying attention to fit + character! He missed on O and Aidoo and he hit on Lubin. If Lubin, JWash, JWit, High, and JB aren't enough for 4 and 5, then so be it! If any 3 of them step up, however, we are golden! I have seen enough to be almost 100% certain that Lubin and JWit will be excellent. I have seen enough to know that JWash will make his sophomore style jump (it is his first time having 2 relatively healthy off seasons). I am optimistic High will be able to give some quality minutes and I have a feeling that peeps are sleeping on JB!

Go Tar Heels!
I would suggest that when the portal opened up, there really was only 3 guys that Hubert wanted (big men that would help us at the 5 spot) the Raymound kid from Stanford, Aidoo, and Kalkenbrenner (who many felt was going to enter the portal and felt UNC had the inside track for him). As we know, Raymound decided to stay where he was, Kalkenbrenner did not enter the portal, and Aidoo danced around so much that Hubert just got tired on the nonsense.

I do think he was interested in Omouryi but I don't think he felt the fit on the visit. I think the Ky power forward Hubert was interested but when he and the staff met with him in Lexington they decided to back away, the Ivey League kid I don't think Hubert was ever hot about, Oyensea I think he had some interest in but there was concern with some of the folks advising him to the point that the juice may not have been worth the squeeze.

Jerry did a strong job of selling Lubin to Hubert as well as selling UNC to the kid. The visit may not have gone well but the kid called back and expressed that he wanted to be a Tar Heel, that is what Hubert was looking for, a kid that above all else, wanted to be a Tar Heel.

Teams we will face this year that will be a challenge for us given our small front court.

Kansas:
Hunter Dickinson, KJ Adams, Flory Bidunga

dook:
Cooper Flagg, Khaman Maluach, Patrick Ngongba II, Maliq Brown

Alabama:
Clifford Omoruyi, Aiden Sherrell, Grant Nelson, Jarin Stevenson

UConn:
Tarris Reed Jr., Alex Karaban, Samson Johnson

Those are just the most talented and physically imposing ones I see on our schedule. But as we learned last season even a scrub team like NC State can ride a beefy big man to success. And we have no one to defend opposing teams' beefy big men.

We're going to ask 6'8" Lubin to guard 7 footers like Dickinson. We're going to ask Washington, a guy who is physically weak and often falls over, to bang with guys like Omoruyi. We're going to ask 6'7" Tyson and 6'7" Withers to defend 6'11" stretch 4s like Grant Nelson. You have to be wearing really really tinted blue shades not to see the potential problems.

Teams we will face this year that will be a challenge for us given our small front court.

Kansas:
Hunter Dickinson, KJ Adams, Flory Bidunga

dook:
Cooper Flagg, Khaman Maluach, Patrick Ngongba II, Maliq Brown

Alabama:
Clifford Omoruyi, Aiden Sherrell, Grant Nelson, Jarin Stevenson

UConn:
Tarris Reed Jr., Alex Karaban, Samson Johnson

Those are just the most talented and physically imposing ones I see on our schedule. But as we learned last season even a scrub team like NC State can ride a beefy big man to success. And we have no one to defend opposing teams' beefy big men.

We're going to ask 6'8" Lubin to guard 7 footers like Dickinson. We're going to ask Washington, a guy who is physically weak and often falls over, to bang with guys like Omoruyi. We're going to ask 6'7" Tyson and 6'7" Withers to defend 6'11" stretch 4s like Grant Nelson. You have to be wearing really really tinted blue shades not to see the potential problems.
6'7 Withers, huh? Keep going... I'm sure you get our guys down to 5'11 and 98 pounds.

What will peeps say when our 5'10", 90-pound weaklings beat the stink off puke and other evil doers? If we start the season and win the Maui, making us a Top 5 team again, will peeps still continue to search for issues with Hubs and our team? If we stumble and lose a few at the beginning but find our stride and go on a run, who gets the credit? Who will jump ship? I can't wait to see how some of our comments age, lol. FTR: I'm fine with all of mine, can others say as much?

This is going to be a fun season!

So, he shrunk 2 inches since last season? Ok....
I find it surprising that you'd be unfamiliar with UNC's long history of fudging player's official heights.

For instance, the 2022-2023 official UNC roster listed Leaky Black at 6'9". The 2023 G-League Combine measured Leaky at 6'6.25" barefoot. There isn't a pair of Jordans out there that adds nearly 3 inches to someone's height.

Last edited:
I find it surprising that you'd be unfamiliar with UNC's long history of fudging player's official heights.

For instance, the 2022-2023 official UNC roster listed Leaky Black at 6'9". The 2023 G-League Combine measured Leaky at 6'6.25" barefoot. There isn't a pair of Jordans out there that adds nearly 3 inches to someone's height.
Seriously? Hell, Dean used to shrink them. He kept Brad Daugherty at 6'11 after he'd reached 7'2.

And I don't remember ever seeing Leaky being listed at 6'9 (unless it was a misprint), and nobody sober who watched him play would have ever said that.

Nonetheless, Withers is every bit as much 6'9 as anyone in the country listed at 6'9, no matter how much you seem to want to diminish our frontcourt.

Seriously? Hell, Dean used to shrink them. He kept Brad Daugherty at 6'11 after he'd reached 7'2.

And I don't remember ever seeing Leaky being listed at 6'9 (unless it was a misprint), and nobody sober who watched him play would have ever said that.

Nonetheless, Withers is every bit as much 6'9 as anyone in the country listed at 6'9, no matter how much you seem to want to diminish our frontcourt.
Seems like you just want to argue over something you're clearly wrong about for no reason other than your dislike of me.

Whether you remember it or not Leaky Black was listed at 6'9" on the online roster, the media guide, and before every single television/radio broadcast of the 2022-2023 season. It was literally impossible to even watch or listen to a UNC game and not be told that Leaky is 6 foot 9 inches tall. The previous season, 2021-2022, UNC officially listed Leaky Black at 6'8". These aren't "misprints." These incorrect heights are intentional.

Harrison Ingram was listed by UNC as 6'7" this past season. He measured 6'5.25" barefoot at the combine. So he's not 6'7" even in the biggest pair of Jordans.

Withers is not 6'9". RJ Davis is not 6'0". UNC has a long history of not correctly reporting some players heights. Whether you choose to accept that or not makes no difference to me.

Seems like you just want to argue over something you're clearly wrong about for no reason other than your dislike of me.

Whether you remember it or not Leaky Black was listed at 6'9" on the online roster, the media guide, and before every single television/radio broadcast of the 2022-2023 season. It was literally impossible to even watch or listen to a UNC game and not be told that Leaky is 6 foot 9 inches tall. The previous season, 2021-2022, UNC officially listed Leaky Black at 6'8". These aren't "misprints." These incorrect heights are intentional.

Harrison Ingram was listed by UNC as 6'7" this past season. He measured 6'5.25" barefoot at the combine. So he's not 6'7" even in the biggest pair of Jordans.

Withers is not 6'9". RJ Davis is not 6'0". UNC has a long history of not correctly reporting some players heights. Whether you choose to accept that or not makes no difference to me.
I'm not "wrong" about a damned thing.
Oh, and just for fun, here are several sources from 2021-22 (including the official one), and not a single damned one had Leaky at 6'9:

Sure, RJ is not 6'0, and neither was Joel Berry --- so what? News flash: Pretty much EVERY program fudges up heights.
As for Withers, tell me when he was actually looking up to anybody he played against? I've never personally measured him, but I can sure as hell tell you that his 6'9 listing is every bit as legit as you'll see on any other roster in the country.

Oh, and just for fun, here are several sources from 2021-22 (including the official one), and not a single damned one had Leaky at 6'9:

Sure, RJ is not 6'0, and neither was Joel Berry --- so what? News flash: Pretty much EVERY program fudges up heights.
As for Withers, tell me when he was actually looking up to anybody he played against? I've never personally measured him, but I can sure as hell tell you that his 6'9 listing is every bit as legit as you'll see on any other roster in the country.

I've stood next to RJ more times than I can count, and he's at the most 6-0, and maybe a tad shorter. I'm just under 5-11 and he's slightly taller.

I've stood next to Withers enough to know he's absolutely taller than Leaky, whom I stood next to probably at least 75 times. Withers is 6-9. He is a little shorter than Armando. That jumped out at me in the locker room at BC. He was giving Armando a hard time about something, and Armando went over to him laughing. Both stood up side-by-side and I was struck by how Withers was almost the same height.

If anyone has twitter or X whatever they call it it’s a picture of the team wishing the Baseball team good luck in the CWS…Other than JWash Withers looks like the tallest guy in the picture…

It’s the Carolina Basketball account…

Reactions: thompsjj and gary-7
I don't think the roster is good enough and I'm disappointed massively in the portal approach. When u can't out recruit the likes of Kansas St something is broken.

I've stood next to RJ more times than I can count, and he's at the most 6-0, and maybe a tad shorter. I'm just under 5-11 and he's slightly taller.

I've stood next to Withers enough to know he's absolutely taller than Leaky, whom I stood next to probably at least 75 times. Withers is 6-9. He is a little shorter than Armando. That jumped out at me in the locker room at BC. He was giving Armando a hard time about something, and Armando went over to him laughing. Both stood up side-by-side and I was struck by how Withers was almost the same height.
Spot on, Andrew. I played with and/or coached enough guys to be pretty accurate as to height estimates.
I'm dead-on 6'3 and had to play a lot of Forward in HS before becoming a Guard in college, so I get a pretty good perspective in both directions ;)
So yeah, RJ is about 5'11 (minus hair), and so is Joel. I also remember walking next to Mando at an AAU tourney and he was easily 6'9 then and probably 6'10 these days, and you're exactly right --- Withers is maybe just hair shorter at most.

Last edited:
In the post of mine that you quoted I literally told you Leaky was listed at 6'8" on the official 2021-2022 roster. Why would you post links that showed I was correct like it was some type of gotcha??

Here is Leaky listed at 6'9" on the official 2022-2023 roster.

Here is Leaky listed at 6'9" on the official 2022-2023 Media Guide.

Reading is fundamental Gary. Seriously, next time read the post you are responding to slowly before you respond.

In the post of mine that you quoted I literally told you Leaky was listed at 6'8" on the official 2021-2022 roster. Why would you post links that showed I was correct like it was some type of gotcha??

Here is Leaky listed at 6'9" on the official 2022-2023 roster.

Here is Leaky listed at 6'9" on the official 2022-2023 Media Guide.

Reading is fundamental Gary. Seriously, next time read the post you are responding to slowly before you respond.
Dude, get a grip. Leaky was here seemingly forever and IIRC when he got here he was listed at 6'7 (which in shoes was probably about right), but again, so what?

Who TF even cares what was on a roster sheet in his last season? As I said, maybe someone on the basketball staff had a typo, or maybe they wanted to enhance his draft status (as if they don't measure, sheesh) --- again, who cares?

All that's just a smokescreen for nonsense. The whole point is that Leaky's listed height has zero, and I mean ZERO to do with your silly assumption about Withers. Hopefully AJ put that to rest.

Dude, get a grip. Leaky was here seemingly forever and IIRC when he got here he was listed at 6'7 (which in shoes was probably about right), but again, so what?

Who TF even cares what was on a roster sheet in his last season? As I said, maybe someone on the basketball staff had a typo, or maybe they wanted to enhance his draft status (as if they don't measure, sheesh) --- again, who cares?

"Who cares?"

You cared enough to find three different links and post them because you were so sure it proved I was wrong about Leaky's height.

But now it's "who cares" because you don't have it within yourself to man up and just admit you were wrong.

I can't imagine you'll ever have a worthwhile contribution to a basketball discussion being that type of person. So onto the ignore list you go.

It is blissful not to read his constant negativity toward the Heels! He and a few more I have on ignore never say anything positive about the Heels and their hyper-critical natures make them unpleasant at best! Some peeps will never learn the difference between critique and bashing!

Who did K-State beat out UNC for?
Great question, would LOVE to see the answer for it, so far crickets!

One interesting thing I have noticed about Hubert is that he will work to get a kid to visit us even if he is not actually sold on the kid as a great fit, he at times looks to a visit to sell him on the kid's fit. In other words I am not sure Hubert is always all in for a kid during a visit. Classic example to me was Omouryi, physically what a great fit but the visit did not go well to the extent I don't think Hubert was upset at all that the kid committed elsewhere. Even Lubin, not sure Hubert was sold at all on the visit but I think Jerry did a big time job selling Hubert as well as the kid and if a former players like Jerry is going to the mattresses for a kid it sends a powerful message to Hubert, he saw the fit when the kid called and wanted to be a Tar Heel.

I think Hubert was all in or would have been all in on exactly 3 players portal related (outside of Tyson) this cycle, one danced around so much that Hubert just got tired of it and moved on, one entered the portal but then decided to stay where he was, and one simply did not enter the portal as expected. Those 3 are Aidoo, Raymound, and Kalkbrenner, Hubert went total plan B after those 3 were no longer options.

IN a funny type of twist, this Hubert vets some kids out on the visit but how he works for the commit for a kid he really wants, that very trait may well have cost him his number 1 option in this portal, Aidoo. Recall, Roy recruited Aidoo hard and I think had the stage set for a Aidoo to UNC commit for Hubert. But recall, Hubert was CRYSTAL clear, he wanted to retain our 7ft kid that did not play as much as he should have as a freshman for us, had entered the portal but Hubert went full guns to keep that kid and nearly got him back but in the end we all recall he ended up gone. But in the mean while Aidoo went from thinking he was UNC's #1 priority to feeling like a back up plan and committed to Tenn. I think those negative feelings were a major factor in why we didn't get Aidoo from this portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT