ADVERTISEMENT

Daily Drop: What UNC Basketball Moment Would You Change?

I wish Gut had included Brendan Haywood in his “Starting 6” during the 1997/1998 season and sent Makhtar N'Diaye to the moon. No doubt UNC would have cut down the nets in 1998. And here's another thought: if Sheed and Stack had stayed until their senior seasons, the 1996/1997 Tar Heels lineup could have looked like this:

Ed Cota
Vince Carter
Antawn Jamison
Jerry Stackhouse
Rasheed Wallace

With Ademola Okulaja, Shammond Williams, and Serge Zwikker coming off the bench, that team would have been unstoppable.

I’ll add another because I’m greedy. Get Roy from Kansas in 1996 instead of 2003.

Last edited:
I wish Kris Jenkins of Villanova had missed that buzzer beater and we could have played on.
No doubt in my mind that UNC goes on to win that game. They win that game, do they win the National Championship in 2017?
Marcus' shot would've gone down as THE greatest shot of all time. He probably would've got more NBA looks too. Yes, I'm biased. That game still hurts. MP was so elite to me.

An MP miss or an OT loss would've been a lot easier to bear than what happened

Phil Ford's hyperextended elbow
Jenkins' shot
Kenny Smith broken wrist
Kendal Marshall's broken wrist

I honestly think those are 4 missed titles, and 3 due to pg injury!!!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I didn't realize the 2019 team was dealing with the flu during the game against Auburn. That loss always bothered me, but now it makes more sense.

I didn't realize the 2019 team was dealing with the flu during the game against Auburn. That loss always bothered me, but now it makes more sense.

It started the night before. I could easily hear Cam throwing up after the game for much of the 30 minutes I was in the locker room.

Reactions: DaSheed
It started the night before. I could easily hear Cam throwing up after the game for much of the 30 minutes I was in the locker room.
Michael Jordan’s famous "flu game" turned out to be food poisoning. Hopefully, that’s not the situation here. I’m not familiar with how the team organizes their dining, but it certainly makes me wonder.

Michael Jordan’s famous "flu game" turned out to be food poisoning. Hopefully, that’s not the situation here. I’m not familiar with how the team organizes their dining, but it certainly makes me wonder.

It was just something a player caught and then others quickly got it. Don't think it had to do with food poisoning.

Reactions: DaSheed
Plenty of injuries and shots hit or missed, but I really wanted Kenny Anderson to be a Heel, thought it was all but locked. Hated when I heard he committed to GA. Tech. So I'll go with that

I wish Austin Rivers had missed the last shot over Zeller in 2012. Still burns me whenever I hear the Rivers name.

Plenty of injuries and shots hit or missed, but I really wanted Kenny Anderson to be a Heel, thought it was all but locked. Hated when I heard he committed to GA. Tech. So I'll go with that
Kenny didn’t want to be another horse in Dean’s stable

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT