ADVERTISEMENT

David Hale ESPN on Mack

My response to the article is to hope that Mack quickly gets us back in top form, wins an ACC championship, retires as the winningest UNC football coach, and then immediately becomes AD, as Bubba heads to his alma mater Notre Dame.

Nobody could sell UNC athletics more effectively than Mack, and age will begin to slow him as a coach in ways it wouldn't slow him as an AD before too many years pass.

Reactions: Archer2
"It's not that Brown has something to prove here at Carolina, because what's left for him to prove? It's that he can't wait to test out the new ideas he has been cataloguing while he was away."

The second sentence is essentially a contradiction of the first.

Mack wants to prove he can win the ACC at UNC. Mack will always be no better than 2nd fiddle in Texas football history. if Mack wins the ACC, we will see Mack Brown Field at Kenan Memorial Stadium.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Beating Clemson and winning the ACC are nice goals to have, but let's take smaller steps first - i.e. improved recruiting classes (good start so far), winning games they are supposed to win and eliminating crucial mental mistakes during games. If they do those things, they can at least begin competing for the Coastal title on a consistent basis. And if they make it to the title game, anything can happen.

Go Heels!

Beating Clemson and winning the ACC are nice goals to have, but let's take smaller steps first - i.e. improved recruiting classes (good start so far), winning games they are supposed to win and eliminating crucial mental mistakes during games. If they do those things, they can at least begin competing for the Coastal title on a consistent basis. And if they make it to the title game, anything can happen.

Go Heels!

Amen. Let’s win our division first, right now Clemson is on a different planet.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Tar Heels took a step in the right direction today dominating a top 10 Miami team at their home. No stupid penaties, focused all game long combined with execution ending in a game for the ages...GDTBATH!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT