ADVERTISEMENT

Depth chart released

Will Hardy instead of Nash probably means Hardy is going to be a good player. Same for Trevyon over Eli Sutton.

What's up with OR beside Noah Taylor and Chris Collins? Noah has been getting some hype, but uva fans weren't bemoaning much. I wonder if Jack might a weakness on the DL.

Will Hardy instead of Nash probably means Hardy is going to be a good player. Same for Trevyon over Eli Sutton.

What's up with OR beside Noah Taylor and Chris Collins? Noah has been getting some hype, but uva fans weren't bemoaning much. I wonder if Jack might a weakness on the DL.
Noah has been a stud thus far— we’ll see if that translates on game day.

Love how many Freshman are on the two deep. Mack has admitted he needs to play guys regardless of seniority. Going to be a fun year.

Love how many Freshman are on the two deep. Mack has admitted he needs to play guys regardless of seniority. Going to be a fun year.
Yeah, you and I posted about playing the young guys last year. Wonder if he's feeling some heat or one of the new coaches convinced him to play talent instead of age.

Reactions: Archer2
Yeah, you and I posted about playing the young guys last year. Wonder if he's feeling some heat or one of the new coaches convinced him to play talent instead of age.
There was a presser a few weeks ago and his tone was assertive and a complete 180 from last year. He mentioned the best guys will play and mentioned Asante leaving after not getting enough burn. He’s scared $hitless of the transfer portal, and rightly so. If we go down swinging, at least have your best talent on the field. We finally see that this year — the depth chart proves that.

In what ways has he been a stud thus far? Like camp practice reports or spring game? Or are you referring to stuff from uva days?

Just asking to tweak my expectations meter. There are also reports about Dez evens looking like a stud, but some of that was from plays in the Spring game vs Wisdom Asaboro who just retired from fball due to medical.

In what ways has he been a stud thus far? Like camp practice reports or spring game? Or are you referring to stuff from uva days?

Just asking to tweak my expectations meter. There are also reports about Dez evens looking like a stud, but some of that was from plays in the Spring game vs Wisdom Asaboro who just retired from fball due to medical.
Word is he’s been very good in camp and practices. We’ll see about Dez but I’m very optimistic for him due to new coaching and him going back to his natural position.

Word is he’s been very good in camp and practices. We’ll see about Dez but I’m very optimistic for him due to new coaching and him going back to his natural position.
Word is that Terrance Newby is the next Kenny Smith and Joe Dailey is the next Sam Aiken ;)

I can't get excited about anything "leaking" during spring or fall camp unless it is directly from the eyes of someone who really knows fball. It isn't like these guys are going up against a solid OL in practice.

Plus Noah wasn't superman at UVA and I doubt our S&C can change an upper classman that much. Malik Carney took eons to develop, and became a solid, under-rated passrush, but I feel like that type of thing is rare. I guess Kareem Martin could fall into this bucket.

Last edited:
I'll be very surprised if we don't generate a significantly better pass rush this year. I think we have the athletes and I think some guys are playing more natural positions. We shall see.

Word is that Terrance Newby is the next Kenny Smith and Joe Dailey is the next Sam Aiken ;)

I can't get excited about anything "leaking" during spring or fall camp unless it is directly from the eyes of someone who really knows fball. It isn't like these guys are going up against a solid OL in practice.

Plus Noah wasn't superman at UVA and I doubt our S&C can change an upper classman that much. Malik Carney took eons to develop, and became a solid, under-rated passrush, but I feel like that type of thing is rare. I guess Kareem Martin could fall into this bucket.
We’ll see soon enough. Sometimes a new scenery can do wonders.

Regarding Dez, imo, one positive is that he has been selected over Kaimon to start. I thought Kaimon was the more solid player last yr. So there has obviously been some measure of improvement.
Going back to his natural position probably helped.

#7 looks pretty good to me…

Got a quick step. Good news is that he looks like our best pass rusher. Bad news is that there isn't much comp.

This FCS team was missing their starting right tackle...
Which is why they got almost every snap out in 2 seconds. That FCS team has multiple transfers from both the ACC and SEC. This Saturday will be a better litmus test for the defense.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Which is why they got almost every snap out in 2 seconds. That FCS team has multiple transfers from both the ACC and SEC. This Saturday will be a better litmus test for the defense.
I've haven't seen the entire second half yet, just snippets, and perhaps Rucker looked like he could push Noah for team best pass-rusher in a few plays. Perhaps Rucker should start over Dez.

I've haven't seen the entire second half yet, just snippets, and perhaps Rucker looked like he could push Noah for team best pass-rusher in a few plays. Perhaps Rucker should start over Dez.

Dez has been an extreme disappointment. Has played average so far at the very best for his career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT