ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone think there might be an upset

Going for 2 was the right call. Mack has balls. Probably a good playcall but our defensive coordinator is just that good. They expected that play was coming and were ready for it. Dabo said as much after the game.

Personally, I turned around and couldn’t watch! The trip to Chapel Hill was much more stressful than I anticipated!!!

Going for 2 was the right call. Mack has balls. Probably a good playcall but our defensive coordinator is just that good. They expected that play was coming and were ready for it. Dabo said as much after the game.

Personally, I turned around and couldn’t watch! The trip to Chapel Hill was much more stressful than I anticipated!!!
Glad you enjoyed your time in Chapel Hill; sure wish we could've sent you home a little sadder. :D

Glad you enjoyed your time in Chapel Hill; sure wish we could've sent you home a little sadder. :D

If you watch ESPN or jump on our boards, you would have thought we lost. SEC fans are loving it. UNC is 28th in team talent and Howell is a difference maker. There is a reason Clemson recruited him. I expected our depth to make the biggest difference. It didn’t.

No shame is taking home a one point win. Clemson sputtered and UNC played well. That’s football. You blow out Alabama and get accolades for 8 months. WIN a one point game against the Heels and people call you a pretender. Not really fair to us OR UNC. I have a feeling we are a really good team that just pulled off a win against a solid team with nothing to lose. Nothing has changed. We will be there in the end... the UNC game has just given the haters some hope that Clemson is beatable.

We are. Everybody is.

As someone who doesn't go to games very often, I gotta say I enjoyed Saturday. Now, the fact that our seats were under the upper deck meant we weren't roasting in the sun and that was a huge plus, but the screens for replays, information, and Clemson-fan-jabbing were cool. I guess the sound was kind of muffled where I was but it did seem that the crowd was really in it. The Clemson fans around us were sweating bullets most of the day. They certainly were not expecting anything like what they got. One shook my hand afterwards and said "great game," like I had anything to do with UNC's effort. LOL. What also surprised me is that it wasn't terrible trying to get out of town after the game (we had a three hour drive ahead of us.)

I hope UNC can play with the same level of effort the rest of the season.

Reactions: Raising Heel
No shame is taking home a one point win. Clemson sputtered and UNC played well.
UNC has now lost 3 games by a total of 10 points to opponents with a combined 14-0 record. The Heels have a ton of problems to fix but I suspect the narrow win won't look "bad" by the end of the season. I think a lot of people are judging based on UNC's combined 5-19 record the last two seasons, but this is a completely different team (much to our surprise).

I think you guys lost 7 games last year by 10 points or less. After you beat the Cocks, they were losing their minds. They always look down on ACC teams.
They seemed shocked when I presented your recruiting rankings since 2015 (UNC was #28) and team talent (#28). They still equate a loss to UNC as one of their worst ever. They have SEC egos, without the trophies.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
ADVERTISEMENT